TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast

Thread: My first FM "The Mystery Man" released! (26/03/2001)

Garrettwannabe

What a awesome creation sir! This is one fun mission with some very cool modifications.
    I um kinda cheated a lil and let the dark dudes chase me and I then introduced them to the other dudes and let them go at it....worked pretty well. The mirror effect was total cool also. I also like the beginning, the building looked great from the outside.

Thanks for all your hard work, I really enjoyed your FM!

------------------
    SSDD- "the Adventures of Garrett" - Coming soon from Apache and Garrettwannabe.....
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 12:03. Reason: added spoiler cover

doaal

That's not cheating Garrettwannabe, that's a very smart move I made it that way

------------------
    My Magic Items Demo (Thief 1)

My FM "The Mystery Man"

jupiter

In need of spoiler..

there are 3 doors/chest I cannot unlock /

1. The chest in Alexi rooms with the shade beside it

2. The hidden door in the main library ?

3. The Talbot's room?

I have up to the top floor .. the chest is empty !

got the treasury key though
    I understand there is a master key some where?

Thanks

Nightwalker

SPOILERS: HIGHLIGHT TO READ
    First you need to get into Talbot's room and for that you need the Upper Floor Key. Have you found the hidden entrance in the bedroom with the bathroom attached? If you haven't, then explore the fireplace VERY carefully. That leads to the area that contains the Upper Floor key. That will give you access to Talbot's room, where you will find the Master's key. It will open the other locks you are having problems with.

[This message has been edited by Nightwalker (edited March 31, 2001).]

YcatX

Hint:

Save your flashbombs... You'll need them for the last bad guy..

I was totally unprepaired for the last guy. Low on HP and no real equipment left to fight the guy. I had to stack boxes in front of him (before he appears and kills you) to keep him from immeditately killing me, so I could escape...

(I had to lure him into darkness, and backstab multiple times. He is faster, striking 3 times a round, and has an arsonal of ranged attacks...)

------------------
    YcatX

Nightwalker

You don't really need flash bombs for the last guy. Hint: Check the ceilings at the far end of the walkway(where there is a sheer drop). They're wooden. A rope arrow placed beforehand is VERY useful.

YcatX

A bug saved me at the very end... ( only had 5 shields (HP) )

Some how the gate didn't close at the end, and I stacked boxes in front of the mysteryman so his shots were deflected while I got the hell out of there. Too difficult in my opinion.. I mean melee is extreamly difficult... (Those superfast triple-hits, or the fireball imediately killed me). I don't know if broadhead or firearrows were any good. Since the gate glitch I ran away and lost him in the dark, and waited for him to return to calm. There I snuck in PowerWacked him after I shot 20 boardhead and 1 firearrow. It took 3 more wacks while he was "stunned"... Sheesh.. I never did find that holy water on Expert, if there was. I think I was about 5000 from max. (Some treasures I couldn't seem to get to it. I killed all my boxes by the final conflict. Took me about 4 hours.)

Congrads on a very refined mission, although I experenced alot of angush trying to get away from that first shot. Seems very similar to my mission.

Note on the mirror:
    It appeared as a solid grey/blue wall... I use a 32MB Viper 770/Ultra, at max res. I had the same problems with my glass for the Tank. When I switched video cards, my transparent became solid... I had to not render it to make it become totally transparent (May look fine on other systems).

------------------
    YcatX

doaal

The mirror looks bugged on certain systems I think...

As for the end, you're not supposed to attack him head-on. Try to find a way to outwit him by using his chamber against him.

------------------
    My Magic Items Demo (Thief 1)

My FM "The Mystery Man"
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 12:04. Reason: added s

HunterByNite

Re: Help!!!

Woe be unto Thee, O' brother Sahil Fakih, for Thou art the first sinner who art caught for the sin of 'Not Putting A Spoiler Warning In Thy Posting'.

Verily, I say unto Thee: "Do not neglect the spoiler warnings again as such disobedience can destroy a whole nation, or on a lighter note, the very enjoyment of FM missions by your fellow Taffers"

For so it is written.

Hearken unto me as a child would to his old man and inscribe this wisdom unto Thy heart, for the way of the ignorant is the pestilence of a whole forum, dig?

------------------
    If Life Is Nothing But A Dream, Then Insomnia Is The Ultimate Reality

YcatX

doaal, is he supposed to get the first shot in?

I mean I couldn't really escape him. He seemed to see me in the dark. I guess I had to use the vertical shafts.

Sahil Fakih

Well thanks people,

I figured it out. The reason that I posted this querry was because nothing was happening when tried to right click on the damn painting. The reason this was the case was that I had already done it before, early in the game, and the locker revealing the lock had already opened, and so obviously it had no more use.

Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:31. Reason: added spoiler cover

jupiter

Originally posted by Nightwalker:
    with.

SPOILERS :It will open the other locks you are having problems with.

Thanks Nightwalker..
    I spent long period of time in that room and the fireplace .. I will have a look again..

BTW ... I think I went up the third floor from the swimming pool end..

The chest is empty..
    hmm.. must be the wrong room!

What about the book.. shadow...
    Is it actually in that small library..
    I look for this book for ages.. it may not be important.. I want to search it bigtime :-))
    I jump up the tables.. can't find it ?

Spitter

I'm in need of the talisman of fire.

------------------
    A malfunction! -- A brother of Karras. -- Dangerous conditions!

Geller's Pride screenshots. For Thief 1, ETA - When It's Done (tm)

jupiter

Originally posted by Spitter:
    I'm in need of the talisman of fire.

to find the Fire Talisman, explore the small Library very carefully. If you need more help, highlight here There is a note over the middle table. The item you need is on the shelves in this room.
    ..Please give credit to Nightwalker on this clue..try a search on the Editor section as well there are many spoilers and hints over there

[This message has been edited by jupiter (edited April 01, 2001).]

labrekk

T1 FM: Mystery Man (comment and help needed)

Hello guys,

First, I have to say that this FM is great, probably the best of all Fan Missions I've played, even better than some of the original ones I guess. It looks really great, there is a huge map, the story is excellent. Congrats to the ones who made it.

But, I'm stuck right now, I don't know what to do. I made all objectives, except the "Find infos about the Mystery Man". I've killed Talbot, I got 2 talismans (fire and air), but where the hell are the 2 others? I cannot find them anywhere. Also, where is the key to open the "metallic" doors in one of the backyards where we can hear some "strange" voices coming from it? Let me know.

Thanks.

labrekk

Nightwalker

Spitter, I've played all 3 difficulty levels now and the fire Talisman is not always in the same place. The instructions I gave before were for Expert. SPOILER ALERT!

Hightlight here: If you are playing on a lower difficulty level, it is not in the library. You need to get the Upper Floor Key, and open the door that is near to the servants quarters and the upstairs dining room and look around up there.

Jupiter, the above could also apply to you, but it sounds like you are playing on Expert. You must have gotten up on the 3rd floor by climbing up from the outside balcony. That's what I did the first time. You still need the key to open the door. The chest up there isn't empty on lower difficulties. I've found a couple of places like that. They are just places where there is additional equipment to be found on the easier settings. In the library, for more specific help highlight here: if you still can't find the book, look to you left as you walk in the door. It's right in the corner about half way up the bookcase.
    I also looked in that fireplace several times before I found the trigger. Just as a hint, look UP VERY CAREFULLY.

Labrekk, I'll give you a couple of hints to help. What difficulty level are you playing on? Some things are in different places on different difficulty levels.

You've been reading notes about Alexi's gold plate. Have you found it yet and figured out what to do with it? You have to to get one more Talisman. Also, there is a hidden door in the big library that you need to get a key to that will get you to the area to find another Talisman.

There is a key to open the metallic doors. That's the Western Tower. Before that you have to find the Upper Floor Key and the Masters Key. I don't know how specific you want me to be. Post back or e-mail me and let me know if you have either of the above keys and what difficulty you are playing on.

Sharga

Good explaniations Nightwalker!

Sharga

clears throatAHHEEM!
    More people need to play! There are many who still haven't played this game...well...what are ya waiting for? You people have soooo much time on your hands, so get to it!

No_Coke_Pepsi

I'm playing! I'm playing! Still have to get the fire talisman...

Tunic Wetter

Help with Mystery Man FM..

I'm stuck on this mission!

I need the Talisman of earth...

I can't find the book that goes in the library.

and I don't know what the Crystal Shard is for...

Can anyone help??

Thanx!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:35. Reason: added spoiler cover

Nightwalker

SPOILERS!

The earth Talisman is in Hector's rooms. Have you found them yet? To get into them you need to find the throne room, which requires the Master's key. If you haven't found it, let me know and I'll give you some clues.

The book in the library is only available on Expert. If you are playing on Expert, the book is on the shelves in there. Otherwise, just forget about that clue.

The Crystal Shard is a key. If you read a book in the room that you can rope arrow up to beside the shed, it said "The Crystal shall sing when it joins the gold". Have you see some gold urns that light up, but you can't pick them up? Put the two together. If you need more help, let me know.

-=V=-

Yeah man

Expert, Hard and I completed any early version on Novice .. the lastest and the last versions I never bothered with Novice because by the time I'd down Novice and Hard a new version was out ;-)

Tunic Wetter

THANK YOU!

Ethne

It is a fantasmagorial level, and enjoying every tense moment... just a quick question though:

Are the talismens in different locations for different difficulties?

(I'd give this FM 8 silver hammers... It's just so immersive...)

Nightwalker

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

I believe only the Fire Talisman is in a different place on Expert. Otherwise they always seem to be in the same spot.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789141924 ... LastLast