TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast

Thread: My first FM "The Mystery Man" released! (26/03/2001)

Skulduggerist

OK, I'm an idiot. I'm playing on Garrett (expert), and I've done everything but escape through the back gate. I've beaten the mission on the easiest setting, and I remember finding a back gate key somewhere. I haven't run across it on the hardest setting, so would somebody mind booting me in the right direction? Thanks.

Nightwalker

Skulduggerist: Highlight for hint I'm not sure, but I don't think you get a key on the harder levels. I never found it anyway.There are a couple of windows that look out over the back area, one even has a convenient ledge.

The woodsie`king

Ummm forgive my confusies but where did hide the book of shadows..needs it for the small library on garret(cursies on his name)

Till the dark grove grows over cobble grey flesh!!

Skulduggerist

Thanks, Nightwalker. I knew about the windows, but I wasn't sure if that would count as leaving by the back gate or not. Much obliged.

Sharga

Woodesie King- What difficulty are you playing? On some difficulties the book of shadows is not in its usual place, because you don't need it to get certain items only required for special difficulties.

Nightwalker

The woodsie`king - Highlight Check the shelves IN the small library carefully. The book is there, in the corner to your left as you enter the room.

Naartjie

Hmmm...I am intruiged. I will have to download this FM in a few days, once I've finished Thief 1 again. I wonder if it'll be as good as Bloodstone Prison, which I think deserves a gold...

Naartjie

------------------
    Haunt Manager
    Resident Ambassador to the Spirit World
    Head Of Everything Under The Ground
    for
    Clan Foofie!

"Remember the benevolent warmth of fuzzy bunnies"

Co-writer of LITOQ!
    ...the only thread where you add to the story and see your efforts up on the The Circle!

Nightwalker

You really should try it. It's right up there with the best of them. Lots of places to explore and things to find!

If you really liked Bloodstone, then make sure you try Inverted Manse. You'll definitely like it. I think it's much better than Bloodstone. I haven't played all the difficulty levels yet, but so far, it's great!

doaal

Wow jupiter.... I never thought of the boxes as a possibility. It's cool to see how different people have different ways of solving puzzles like that.

doaal

I'm gonna post a FAQ / walkthrough soon for Mystery Man. The same questions keep popping up in my inbox

------------------
    My Magic Items Demo (Thief 1)

My FM "The Mystery Man"

jupiter

Originally posted by doaal:
    Wow.... I never thought of the boxes as a possibility. It's cool to see how different people have different ways of solving puzzles like that.
    Yup.. I like to explore various approaches to each game play

For instance.. after I have completed T2 FM "Equilibrium"..on expert level
    I actually play it again on normal level..
    so that I can wacked the keepers .. I think I got 6 of the keepers ?
    Really strange.. I thought there were only 4 keepers on expert level ?

I think if I were to play on normal at the start and it will spoil my game play at other levels..

oldgeezer

Mystery man fan mission

Need two things to go on with the mission. Tried to find the book in the library -- no luck !! Also the earth talisman -- any help appreciated....... Thanks, The Geez

Nightwalker

oldgeezer, Highlight here: The first thing I need to know is what difficulty level you are playing on. If you are on Normal or Hard, you can't get the book. It is only needed on Expert.
    To find the Earth talisman, you need to have already gotten the Master's key. Do you have it yet? If you have, check out the big library. There is a door hidden behind a bookcase. That's where you need to go. If you need more specific help, post back or e-mail me.

oldgeezer

Thanks for the help --that set me on the CORRECT path -- The Geez

Help with 'The Mystery Man'

Finally got round to playing this level. Damn impressive too! The problem is... I can't find the Talismans of Air and Earth. Any spoiler-laden posts of assistance will be greatly appreciated

Spoiler-laden it is.

Earth- find a switch in one of the siderooms of the library to open a secret door then check behind a throne for another switch then behind an alter for another switch and it'll open a small safe to the left.

Air- find the servants quarters and slash the banner, pick up the key and head back downstairs to open the treasury door next to the stairs up.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:38. Reason: added spoiler cover

Thanks for the quick response!

Now... anyone know how to get past the Mirror of Truth?

That one's easy to answer. Position yourself so you can see the "reflection" of the room you are in. Look carefully and you will see it is not exactly the same. Make your side look like the reflection.

Ahh.... therein lies the problem. I can't see the reflection when I look at it directly!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:39. Reason: added spoiler cover

If you angle around you can usually see it, but just in case you can't, Put out the torches on your side of the room. The mirror will disappear.

Ahhh.... thanks! I managed to do the angle thingy, and have just beaten the big boss! Great mission!

Originally posted by CocoClown:
    and have just beaten the big boss! Great mission!
    You did? Cool . I gave up after some time.

Well, I did actually run away and hide for a few minutes, and then stabbed him in the back. Hardly the honourable and brave way to deal with him, but effective

Help with The Mystery Man (spoiler)

OK, seems pretty good but I'm stuck, looking back through this forum and that at Eidos doesn't seem to reveal the answer. The Crystal Shard, it's location in fact. The only mentions I have suggest it's either in the room you can rope up to at the beginning (on normal which is what I'm playing), can't see it there, but there is something in front of the pool sticking up, but that isn't pick-upable. For expert/hard suuggested in Alexei's room - it doesn't appear to be there either.

So what have I explored so far, well pretty much all the ground floor except for the double doors by the pool, can't open them. Can't reach the balcony above even with a crate either. Can't get into the west tower, can get the ice talisman, done that bit. Uncovered all banners I think except for those abve the front door. And can't get into the locked room to the right when you go up the stairs next to the treasury.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Playing on Normal, the Crystal Shard should be located down in a corner behind the tub of water in the room you rope arrow up to. It can be a little difficult to find.

Don't bother climbing up on the balcony with a crate (you can do it. I did it the first time I played this). You'll get up there eventually. You need to find a few keys. It sounds like you have the treasury key. Have you found the Upper Floor Key or the Master's key? If you haven't found either, try looking very carefully at the fireplace upstairs in the room with the bathroom attached. I love this mission and have played it on all difficulty levels. If you'd like more help or more specific spoilers, just post back here or e-mail me if you like. I'd be glad to help.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast