TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast

Thread: My first FM "The Mystery Man" released! (26/03/2001)

Cheers, going to have another look, got onto the balcony (from the other side), still to get the master and upper floor keys.

Help FM Mystery Man - the gold plate

Expert Level

The last talisman I need is the water one. I can see a secret trapdoor in the dining room but I can't find the "gold plate" that (i think) opens it. There is a gold plate at the head of the dining table but it just goes into treasure and can't be "used". Where is Alexis gold plate?

doaal - This is a very fine mission. Thanks for all your work.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:42. Reason: added spoiler cover

I'm pretty sure that on Expert it is in Alexi's room in a locked chest. You need to have the Master's key to get it. You're on the right track with the dining room.

Ta, Nightwalker.

I even had that chest on my "to do" list. Duh. Thanks for the reminder.

*sigh* need help with mystery man

As you can read i have a slight prob with the mystery man. i can`t find the earth talisman, i have found the others but i can`t find the last. Some help plz.

The Earth talisman is in Hector's room. To get into them you must have the Masters Key. Have you found the throne room yet? Look behind the throne. If you need more help, post back or e-mail me and I'll be glad to give you some more hints.

Thx

El Shagmeister

Teh Mystery Man-Raves and Rants

Hi all, just finished The Saint of Redmound, very nice mission, now I am gonna play The Mystery Man, but before I went in, I wanted some encouragement, so come on now, gimme reviews, rants, raves, babblings, etc....for those who have played and finished this mission(or nearly finished it). Is it a scary mission?, issit well done?, etc....I'm sure you can think of more Q's

Wee wee....
    I do like the taste of slaughter in the morning.

I loved Mystery Man. It's a great mission if you love poking around looking for hidden stuff. There's some scary stuff near the end, but most of it is mansion crawling. You should enjoy it.

MrDuck!!!! You must play it!
    Not only was it created by Doaal (who is a very close ttlg friend of mine and who is kickass at S&R) but I actually helped a little with the archetecture and a few ideas (mind you this is very very little so don't go giving me any credit because it all goes to Doaal). I loved this 10 times more than bafford's mannor, which is a game that most everyone loves. And the ending is awesome! So what are you waiting for? Play it already!

It`s got weird lighting and clickety-clack floors. Loads of fun though.
    <A HREF="http://www.cmgww.com/stars/feldman/bio.html" TARGET=_blank>"I despise you all....
    And I dont even know you yet."</A>

NoCokePepsi

"Mystery Man" was a blast!

Sharga recommended it to me, and he was right on the money. It's a real treat.

Help with Mystery Man

I have completed most of the objectives, I just need to find out what to do with the Song of Shadows I found and also to find the Key to that secret small library door next to the dining room. Does anyone have a hint. Thanks
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Feb 2013 at 11:44. Reason: added spoiler cover

Hi. I'm a little confused by your question. Do you mean the key to the library itself? Or do you mean how to open the secret door in the small Library? If it's the latter, you have the key. It's the book you found. Just put it where the note said to.

Help with Mystery Man

I finished all objectives does anyone know how to get out the back gate. The only objective that gave me a real hard time was getting the fire talismin. Thanks for the help Nightwalker.

You're welcome, Footpad. I like your name, by the way. To get out the back gate, look for open windows on the second floor that look out over the courtyard. One has a convenient ledge. I think there is a balcony someplace up by the room that you access from the fireplace that lets you finish, but I'm not sure about that one.

Thanks I used to play AD&D as a kid I was always a Thief. It's one of the level classifications. So you now you know why I am an addict of Thief. My wife is ready to divorce me. Just joking anyway thanks for the help. By the way I have a total loot score of 13,769 how did you do.

I got 13,369, so you've got me beat! My husband and I used to play D&D when it first became popular, and our son and daughter played,too. We used to have a regular Sunday afternoon D&D session. When my son got older (he was only 5 when he started) we got approved as "cool" by his friends, because he was the only kid who was taught how to play D&D by his parents.

Only 13,769? You gotta look harder

That's easy for you to say, doaal! You KNOW where it is. I looked and looked and finally gave up, and that was AFTER I'd played it 4 times! I loved this mission so you never know, I may go back and try again sometime soon.

Hey Nightwalker, are you sure you found every single secret in the level? There's a LOT (I usually miss a few when I play through the level). After a while I remember them though

If you try again good luck!

This message goes out to doaal. Awesome level Looking Glass Studios would be proud. I heard a rumor through some game programmers I know that one of the reasons it went out of business, is that they depened on and made to difficult to play with all those Mechanist contraptions that gameplay was comprimised and was not in keeping with the old English era of the first game what are you thoughts.

There is no Honor Among Thieves!!!!

Hmm I don't think that's what made LGS go out of business, but I definetly prefer Thief 1's playstyle.

That's the effect I was going for in my FM, a creepy-mysterious mansion with many oddities (whispers in certain rooms, bodies hidden in walls etc). I don't think it would have been as creepy if I modeled it more towards Thief 2's playstyle. I can't picture MM as being a mansion with mechanist security

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: doaal ]

Interesting side note: I always liked the designation of one of the Ranger's levels in D&D called "Courser". Don't know why, and I've never heard it mentioned elsewhere, but thought it was a cool name.

A little hint for secret finding:
    Spoiler:
    Try using rope arrows EVERYWHERE you see wood, you might discover something.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast