TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 377

Thread: The random game [REDACTED] thread

  1. #51
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2013
    Location: NY, US
    Did you even read my post? I clearly stated that I am new. I also stated that my offerings weren't much. If you would bother to check my post history I have also already begun to contribute to the community and I plan on continuing to do so.

    I used to moderate a rather large forum and was constantly dealing with with elitist people like you trying to scare off the new guys. It does nothing to promote community growth. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't be a complete ass to me simply because I'm a new member.

  2. #52
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    If it makes you feel any better, he's an obnoxious shithead to everyone.

  3. #53

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by newguypaul View Post
    Did you even read my post? I clearly stated that I am new.
    If you had read the thread before you posted you (and the other 30 people who just signed up and immediately posted in this thread) would have noticed that in order to participate in this you need to have been registered here for at least a month. This thread is for people who know each other already and are trying to share some free stuff.

  5. #55
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2013
    Location: NY, US
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, he's an obnoxious shithead to everyone.
    Haha, it does actually. Thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    If you had read the thread before you posted you (and the other 30 people who just signed up and immediately posted in this thread) would have noticed that in order to participate in this you need to have been registered here for at least a month. This thread is for people who know each other already and are trying to share some free stuff.
    I didn't sign up to immediately post in this thread as you put it. As I said I've been lurking around for the past week... more specifically, in the Last of Us thread since the game just came out. That's how I found this place and then I finally decided to join yesterday. Then when I was looking around at other stuff in General Gaming I came across this. There's not too many active topics in there, it was hard to miss.

    I did read through the thread before posting and as you apparently didn't notice, I very clearly stated "If I'm too new of a member for you to want to gift me something I completely understand, but I had to at least ask." I was addressing henke, it's his game, it's up to him to decide what he wants to do with it. So would you kindly step off.

    So much for a warm welcome. The game wasn't even THAT important. I really want to play it sure, but I'd rather have you guys stop being dicks to me.

  6. #56
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    LOL A CCCTOAD POST ISN'T THAT CUTE.

  7. #57
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by newguypaul View Post
    I didn't sign up to immediately post in this thread as you put it. As I said I've been lurking around for the past week... more specifically, in the Last of Us thread since the game just came out. That's how I found this place and then I finally decided to join yesterday. Then when I was looking around at other stuff in General Gaming I came across this. There's not too many active topics in there, it was hard to miss.
    Well sorry to tell you, but this thread is only for members registered any time before June 2013 only. It has been mentioned throughout this thread numerous times. If you don't like it, tough that's the rule on it.

    If a 2nd thread pops up at a later point then no worries your more than welcome to ask, but until then no, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

  8. #58
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    Come on guys, the dude knows how to fucking type, don't run him off just yet.

  9. #59
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2001
    Location: Draggy the Dragons house
    Quote Originally Posted by newguypaul View Post
    If I'm too new of a member for you to want to gift me something I completely understand, but I had to at least ask.
    Did anyone not read this part of his post? I thought it was a quite reasonable thing to ask.

  10. #60
    It's nothing personal against the guy, just a reasonable guideline we set to limit it to "friends" on TTLG.

  11. #61
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    Then why is CCCToad here?

  12. #62
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2001
    Location: Draggy the Dragons house
    Actually what I meant was it was obvious that he had read the thread and understood about the "no noobs" thing. He didnt need to be told that same thing by 2 different people. The guy just thought it wouldnt hurt to ask.

    Hell these forums need new, well written members, lets not give him the wrong impression.

    also, how has it come to pass that I find myself quite often agreeing with dethtoll?
    Last edited by PigLick; 21st Jun 2013 at 02:16. Reason: spelling

  13. #63
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2008
    Gotta say, though: if I'd only signed up a week ago and I'd seen the clusterfuck that was nirvana999's approach, I would avoid this thread like the plague. Here be dragons, etc.

    But hey. Welcome aboard?

  14. #64
    Level 10,000 achieved
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by newguypaul View Post
    I was addressing henke, it's his game, it's up to him to decide what he wants to do with it.
    Yeah you seem legit. I don't think you went through the trouble of signing up and making several posts just for a free EDGE key . BUT, if I bend the 1-month-rule for you, then what happens? It'll open the floodgates for people to sign up and be like "yeah I'm totally gonna stick around so gimme some keys!". Eventually it'll tear this thread appart, then TTLG, then... who knows? Don't you see that me giving you this EDGE key might be the catalyst that brings about the end of the internet as we know it, man!? You know what, lets play this one safe. Since you'll be sticking around, come back to this thread and ask me again in a month and I'll send it over.

  15. #65
    PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

    Registered: Aug 2007
    Location: New Zealand
    TWD key is gone.

  16. #66
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    A great gift to give.

  17. #67
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004
    ITT, the TTLG Kool Kids Klub

    Anyway, hope this doesn't discourage you too much newguypaul, and welcome to the forums

  18. #68
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2013
    Location: NY, US
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Yeah you seem legit. I don't think you went through the trouble of signing up and making several posts just for a free EDGE key . BUT, if I bend the 1-month-rule for you, then what happens? It'll open the floodgates for people to sign up and be like "yeah I'm totally gonna stick around so gimme some keys!". Eventually it'll tear this thread appart, then TTLG, then... who knows? Don't you see that me giving you this EDGE key might be the catalyst that brings about the end of the internet as we know it, man!? You know what, lets play this one safe. Since you'll be sticking around, come back to this thread and ask me again in a month and I'll send it over.
    Well if you don't mind reserving it for me for that long, I sure don't mind waiting. I can definitely see where you are coming from and I wouldn't want to be the catalyst for the downfall of the good thing you guys have going here. Like I said, I have no intention of going anywhere so it's really no big deal. Thanks for being so reasonable!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    ITT, the TTLG Kool Kids Klub

    Anyway, hope this doesn't discourage you too much newguypaul, and welcome to the forums
    Nah, I don't scare off too easily. Thanks!

  19. #69
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2000
    Location: Northern California, USA
    Sanctum (Steam key) - GamersGate

    If you need it pm me or post. No nubs, fuck off.

    The 'Freebies for Everyone!' thread has plenty of games to download and play. All free, no keys are needed. Especially recommended for nubs and leeches.

    Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X - GamersGate, DRM: Tages
    Last edited by Ladron De La Noche; 4th Aug 2013 at 21:32. Reason: duplicate added, nubs still suck

  20. #70
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2008
    Alright, so this is my semi-compiled list of indie royale and indiegala games, all with inherent caveat that "I dunno if the key still works". I've sorted them into "less confident" and "confident", and also "desura". Since I don't have a desura account, those should be good to go.
    I haven't even gone near humble bundles yet. Bleurgh. Navigating my mail inbox archive is...traumatic.

    Gunny, this is your fault, so you have to pick at least one of these.

    Stuff I had on steam already, so am _almost_ certain I haven't redeemed

    Vessel
    Europa Universalis III -Claim'd
    Uplink
    Hearts of Iron III -Claim'd
    Twin sector
    Dungeon Defenders -Claim'd!


    Stuff I have steam keys for but don't actually want/own on GOG/or can't be bothered to redeem on steam, so should be fine

    Aquanox
    Aquanox2
    Painkiller Overdose -Claim'd
    Crusader Kings Complete
    Edna & Harvey: Harvey's new eyes
    Turba
    Gettysburg (got 22% on metacritic! S'gotta be awesome rite?)
    Razor 2: Hidden Skies
    Disciples II: Galleans Return
    Disciples II: rise of the elves (both disciples games are bastard hard and ...terrible. IMHO. Own on gog, wish I didn't)
    Datajammers: fast forward
    Brainpipe: a plunge to unhumanity
    Flatout
    Weird Worlds: adventures in infinite space
    Unstoppable Gorg
    Cloning Clyde
    Ancients of Ooga
    Pressure


    Stuff I have Desura keys for but....desura? Pfff

    Survivor Squad
    Chester
    Gunman clive/Isaac the adventurer/6180 the moon/wimp: who stole my pants/other assorted games (multipack with a single key)
    Last edited by DDL; 19th Jul 2013 at 07:03.

  21. #71
    Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: someplace better than this
    That copy of Dungeon Defenders looks interesting, but I'm not sure I want it.

    Whatever, I'll take it anyway.

  22. #72
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2008
    Hahaha wow I just read that article. Jesus. I'm pretty sure the basic theme of dungeon defenders is "oh shit all the adults are out and we've just accidentally let the monsters in" sorta thing. Like Fantasia but with constant zergs of goblins instead of broomsticks. All the characters are like cutesy "junior" chibi versions of standard RPG tropes.

    Which makes "we need to make the elf chick more sexxxy lol" comments really creepy, coz she looks to be about....twelve?

    Anyway, enjoy! Play the wizard coz then you can pretend you're Orko.Hamfisted moral messages about the value of friendship for all!

    :P

  23. #73
    I'm interested in HOI 3 if someone else doesn't claim it (don't really want to be mooching a million keys here).

  24. #74
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2013
    Location: NY, US
    I've got an extra Shank 2 key if anyone wants it.

  25. #75
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2013
    Location: NY, US
    Update on keys I have up for grabs:

    And you guys thought I was just some noob grubbing for keys... pshhh.

    • Shank 2
    • Fractal
    • Nightsky
    • ----
    • Aquaria - Gone to Neb
    • Stealth Bastard Deluxe - Gone to dethtoll
    • Waking Mars - Gone to dethtoll
    • Broken Sword: Director's Cut - Gone to gunsmoke
    • 50% OFF Towns Coupon (Good til Jul 8th)
    • 25% OFF Zeno Clash 2 Coupon (Good til Jul 4th)
    • ----
    • Dota2 (LOLOLOLOL) (Worthless, but I got em.)
    Last edited by newguypaul; 18th Jul 2013 at 19:22.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •