TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The random game [REDACTED] thread

Did you even read my post? I clearly stated that I am new. I also stated that my offerings weren't much. If you would bother to check my post history I have also already begun to contribute to the community and I plan on continuing to do so.

I used to moderate a rather large forum and was constantly dealing with with elitist people like you trying to scare off the new guys. It does nothing to promote community growth. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't be a complete ass to me simply because I'm a new member.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    If it makes you feel any better, he's an obnoxious shithead to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by newguypaul View Post
    Did you even read my post? I clearly stated that I am new.
    If you had read the thread before you posted you (and the other 30 people who just signed up and immediately posted in this thread) would have noticed that in order to participate in this you need to have been registered here for at least a month. This thread is for people who know each other already and are trying to share some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, he's an obnoxious shithead to everyone.
    Haha, it does actually. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    If you had read the thread before you posted you (and the other 30 people who just signed up and immediately posted in this thread) would have noticed that in order to participate in this you need to have been registered here for at least a month. This thread is for people who know each other already and are trying to share some free stuff.
    I didn't sign up to immediately post in this thread as you put it. As I said I've been lurking around for the past week... more specifically, in the Last of Us thread since the game just came out. That's how I found this place and then I finally decided to join yesterday. Then when I was looking around at other stuff in General Gaming I came across this. There's not too many active topics in there, it was hard to miss.

I did read through the thread before posting and as you apparently didn't notice, I very clearly stated "If I'm too new of a member for you to want to gift me something I completely understand, but I had to at least ask." I was addressing henke, it's his game, it's up to him to decide what he wants to do with it. So would you kindly step off.

So much for a warm welcome. The game wasn't even THAT important. I really want to play it sure, but I'd rather have you guys stop being dicks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    LOL A CCCTOAD POST ISN'T THAT CUTE.

I didn't sign up to immediately post in this thread as you put it. As I said I've been lurking around for the past week... more specifically, in the Last of Us thread since the game just came out. That's how I found this place and then I finally decided to join yesterday. Then when I was looking around at other stuff in General Gaming I came across this. There's not too many active topics in there, it was hard to miss.
    Well sorry to tell you, but this thread is only for members registered any time before June 2013 only. It has been mentioned throughout this thread numerous times. If you don't like it, tough that's the rule on it.

If a 2nd thread pops up at a later point then no worries your more than welcome to ask, but until then no, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Come on guys, the dude knows how to fucking type, don't run him off just yet.

If I'm too new of a member for you to want to gift me something I completely understand, but I had to at least ask.
    Did anyone not read this part of his post? I thought it was a quite reasonable thing to ask.

It's nothing personal against the guy, just a reasonable guideline we set to limit it to "friends" on TTLG.

Then why is CCCToad here?

Actually what I meant was it was obvious that he had read the thread and understood about the "no noobs" thing. He didnt need to be told that same thing by 2 different people. The guy just thought it wouldnt hurt to ask.

Hell these forums need new, well written members, lets not give him the wrong impression.

also, how has it come to pass that I find myself quite often agreeing with dethtoll?
    Last edited by PigLick; 21st Jun 2013 at 02:16. Reason: spelling

Gotta say, though: if I'd only signed up a week ago and I'd seen the clusterfuck that was nirvana999's approach, I would avoid this thread like the plague. Here be dragons, etc.

But hey. Welcome aboard?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I was addressing henke, it's his game, it's up to him to decide what he wants to do with it.
    Yeah you seem legit. I don't think you went through the trouble of signing up and making several posts just for a free EDGE key . BUT, if I bend the 1-month-rule for you, then what happens? It'll open the floodgates for people to sign up and be like "yeah I'm totally gonna stick around so gimme some keys!". Eventually it'll tear this thread appart, then TTLG, then... who knows? Don't you see that me giving you this EDGE key might be the catalyst that brings about the end of the internet as we know it, man!? You know what, lets play this one safe. Since you'll be sticking around, come back to this thread and ask me again in a month and I'll send it over.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

TWD key is gone.

verbose douchebag
    A great gift to give.

ITT, the TTLG Kool Kids Klub

Anyway, hope this doesn't discourage you too much newguypaul, and welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Yeah you seem legit. I don't think you went through the trouble of signing up and making several posts just for a free EDGE key . BUT, if I bend the 1-month-rule for you, then what happens? It'll open the floodgates for people to sign up and be like "yeah I'm totally gonna stick around so gimme some keys!". Eventually it'll tear this thread appart, then TTLG, then... who knows? Don't you see that me giving you this EDGE key might be the catalyst that brings about the end of the internet as we know it, man!? You know what, lets play this one safe. Since you'll be sticking around, come back to this thread and ask me again in a month and I'll send it over.
    Well if you don't mind reserving it for me for that long, I sure don't mind waiting. I can definitely see where you are coming from and I wouldn't want to be the catalyst for the downfall of the good thing you guys have going here. Like I said, I have no intention of going anywhere so it's really no big deal. Thanks for being so reasonable!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    ITT, the TTLG Kool Kids Klub

Anyway, hope this doesn't discourage you too much newguypaul, and welcome to the forums
    Nah, I don't scare off too easily. Thanks!

Sanctum (Steam key) - GamersGate

If you need it pm me or post. No nubs, fuck off.

The 'Freebies for Everyone!' thread has plenty of games to download and play. All free, no keys are needed. Especially recommended for nubs and leeches.

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X - GamersGate, DRM: Tages
    Last edited by Ladron De La Noche; 4th Aug 2013 at 21:32. Reason: duplicate added, nubs still suck

Alright, so this is my semi-compiled list of indie royale and indiegala games, all with inherent caveat that "I dunno if the key still works". I've sorted them into "less confident" and "confident", and also "desura". Since I don't have a desura account, those should be good to go.
    I haven't even gone near humble bundles yet. Bleurgh. Navigating my mail inbox archive is...traumatic.

Gunny, this is your fault, so you have to pick at least one of these.

Stuff I had on steam already, so am _almost_ certain I haven't redeemed

Vessel
    Europa Universalis III -Claim'd
    Uplink
    Hearts of Iron III -Claim'd
    Twin sector
    Dungeon Defenders -Claim'd!

Stuff I have steam keys for but don't actually want/own on GOG/or can't be bothered to redeem on steam, so should be fine

Aquanox
    Aquanox2
    Painkiller Overdose -Claim'd
    Crusader Kings Complete
    Edna & Harvey: Harvey's new eyes
    Turba
    Gettysburg (got 22% on metacritic! S'gotta be awesome rite?)
    Razor 2: Hidden Skies
    Disciples II: Galleans Return
    Disciples II: rise of the elves (both disciples games are bastard hard and ...terrible. IMHO. Own on gog, wish I didn't)
    Datajammers: fast forward
    Brainpipe: a plunge to unhumanity
    Flatout
    Weird Worlds: adventures in infinite space
    Unstoppable Gorg
    Cloning Clyde
    Ancients of Ooga
    Pressure

Stuff I have Desura keys for but....desura? Pfff

Survivor Squad
    Chester
    Gunman clive/Isaac the adventurer/6180 the moon/wimp: who stole my pants/other assorted games (multipack with a single key)
    Last edited by DDL; 19th Jul 2013 at 07:03.

That copy of Dungeon Defenders looks interesting, but I'm not sure I want it.

Whatever, I'll take it anyway.

Hahaha wow I just read that article. Jesus. I'm pretty sure the basic theme of dungeon defenders is "oh shit all the adults are out and we've just accidentally let the monsters in" sorta thing. Like Fantasia but with constant zergs of goblins instead of broomsticks. All the characters are like cutesy "junior" chibi versions of standard RPG tropes.

Which makes "we need to make the elf chick more sexxxy lol" comments really creepy, coz she looks to be about....twelve?

Anyway, enjoy! Play the wizard coz then you can pretend you're Orko.Hamfisted moral messages about the value of friendship for all!

:P

I'm interested in HOI 3 if someone else doesn't claim it (don't really want to be mooching a million keys here).

I've got an extra Shank 2 key if anyone wants it.

Update on keys I have up for grabs:

And you guys thought I was just some noob grubbing for keys... pshhh.

• Shank 2
    • Fractal
    • Nightsky
    • ----
    • Aquaria - Gone to Neb
    • Stealth Bastard Deluxe - Gone to dethtoll
    • Waking Mars - Gone to dethtoll
    • Broken Sword: Director's Cut - Gone to gunsmoke
    • 50% OFF Towns Coupon (Good til Jul 8th)
    • 25% OFF Zeno Clash 2 Coupon (Good til Jul 4th)
    • ----
    • Dota2 (LOLOLOLOL) (Worthless, but I got em.)
    Last edited by newguypaul; 18th Jul 2013 at 19:22.