TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: 48HC: Forty Eight - 2013-08-13

48HC: Forty Eight - 2013-08-13

48 Hour Contest Entry: "Forty Eight"

Contest Description
    The 48 hour contest challenged authors to create an entire mission start to finish in a single 48 hour period. Entries may have bugs or may be unfinished in different aspects.

Author: Withheld

Mission description
    Two friends disappeared off the streets yesterday and are suspected dead. My old friend Basso informed me that they most likely were taken to become slaves in the underground slave trade. He told me that Lord Grayfold is suspected to be the local ringleader for this operation and may hold the key to my missing friends' whereabouts. If anything, I want to find out what went down.

Download
    Mediafire

This FM looks quite nice visually but it is evident that it lacked time as the later part of the mansion is a bit big and empty. I had to bash all the upstairs doors open cause I couldn't find any keys. And even so I am almost exactly 50% short of the loot requirement and have no information on my 2 guys. All I found were 2 empty coffins.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Adding a Southquarter mirror:

Forty Eight

Same for me as Thor, i cannot finnish it, if i'm not missing anything.

Me too, stuck behind the library's secret room, and had to open doors with sword. I think the author just lacked of time, even the guards don't patrol or come back to their places, while the rooms are very spacious and empty. Too bad

same here all doors onthe upper lever looked like was already open when bashing with my sword the knob turned to the locked position never found any keys or any lever or switch for the secret in library

DromEd Archmage
    Alas, unfinished mission send... Maybe the author will take his revenge and send a good finished version later...

The cook may be frightening too... seeing how the kitchen is high.... XD

For some reason Mcafee tells me the Mediafire file has a virus in it. The Southquarter one is fine though...

Yeah, it's not finished. It's decent looking, maybe a bit on the oversized room end of problematic, but still for what's there, it could've been OK. Now I'm on the edge of my seat for that oddly unresolved storyline.

I found two unused books in the ZIP file, Books/diary1.str and Books/distresses.str, which explain a bit more of the story for anyone who wants to look.

Last edited by karstenpontoppi; 16th Aug 2013 at 06:04. Reason: AM16 asked me to, because my comments seems to negative. And I'm a resonable person. :-)

That seems perhaps a bit harsh. Admittedly, it is far from complete. It looks like the author is relatively new and with the time constraint of the contest just couldn't get any farther. But it is clear what he/she intended and it looks like it might have been an interesting story with some unexpected twists. I look forward to the author finishing this mission after the contest.

need some help here, this is probably the first mission of some new author, i was able to slash some closed doors, and i even found a empty room with blue Wallpaper, anyway i found this frobable Bookshelf and i wonder if anyone knows how to open it.

anyone that uses the kitchen sink has to be really tall

Regarding that bookcase, I just bashed it open with my sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Regarding that bookcase, I just bashed it open with my sword.
    Lol, i remembered to do that with the doors, but it din´t actually ocurred me that i could do that with the bookshelfs doors...Thanks Mike

Damm, i was expecting to find loot within, i still have only 300 loot and i nedd to find more 400, what secrets am i missing?
    Last edited by Cardia; 16th Aug 2013 at 05:02.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Lol, i remembered to do that with the doors, but it din´t actually ocurred me that i could do that with the bookshelfs doors...Thanks Mike

Damm, i was expecting to find loot within, i still have only 300 loot and i nedd to find more 400, what secrets am i missing?
    That it's not complete. You won't find the missing loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradavin View Post
    That it's not complete. You won't find the missing loot.
    Ohhh, lol...i guess i fell into a prank.

Oh well, two games down so far...
    one freezes and this one is incoplete...I guess 48 hours is just asking too much.

Uh, I think not. Wait till you see the others.