TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 48HC: Run! - 2013-08-13

48HC: Run! - 2013-08-13

48 Hour Contest Entry: "Run!"

Contest Description
    The 48 hour contest challenged authors to create an entire mission start to finish in a single 48 hour period. Entries may have bugs or may be unfinished in different aspects.

Author: Withheld

Mission description
    Too bad. It seemed to be a good opportunity to steal the red gem of Captain Nachlaessig; but unfortunately he lost it in a game last evening. So, your trip was for vain - and caused due a series of unfortunate circumstances you were discovered.
    You can only do one thing: Run!

Download
    SouthQuarter

I was surprised...but I actually enjoyed this mission! Great Job in just 48 hours! You had more places to go than a lot of other fan missions made in years of time.
    Last edited by nickie; 14th Aug 2013 at 09:52. Reason: No need to quote

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Well, at first it looked really bad, full lit corridors full of guards, but hey turns out it was much bigger and interesting than I thought. It reminds me the first FMs made 10 years ago, the good old days.

However I have 2 questions / problems :
    I can't finish the mission, no matter how hard I try I can't climb the ledge.
    I found the 3 red stones but I have no idea what to do with them.

Anyway, much better than expected.

Yeah lovely mission indeed, especially the forest!
    DrK: I had new mantling enabled, maybe thats how it's meant to be done. Had no problems whatsoever with it.
    Though I also have no clue what to do with the 3 stones (had a blast finding them, btw).

Thor and DrK:
    Across from where we first entered the area there is a small cave with a few buttons and switches. You have to find a way up, then find some use for red stones and enjoy your newly discovered secret.

Now, has anyone found a fairy ring? Or any use for chessboard?

little bit of help here. Found 3 stones used them but i got only one secret where is the other one ?? running in circles. Any hint will be welcomed. first is behind target practising board i thought the second one will be the stones.

I couldn't finish the mission, I think it had something to do with the gemstones, but only one door opened. Is this normal?
    As for the ones who don't know what to do with them, you must find a cave with a button and destroy the little door on the right with your sword (unless there's another button )

You should have looked more carefully in that cave, Staven.

Quite an amazing mission for just 2 days!
    I have completed, but having 0/2 secrets is not acceptable, so I go right back.
    Found a bonus, though.

I've found stones 1 and 3. Can't find the last one though. Can anyone give me some idea of what I'm missing? I know it won't be easy in this one but I'm just running around in circles so I'm obviously overlooking something.

Nightwalker: try climbing some rocks.

Nightwalker some of the rocks looks like spears but still Garret is amaizng climber

Do you mean the rock with the spiders on top? If so, I've already been up there and inside but didn't find one. Is it hidden?

It's in a chest inside that spider cave. Look for a small corridor to the left from the "stairs".

there is a chest inside.

Whoever the autor is just one word amaizing. 48h and brilliant work so far my favorite after beating 3 of them
    Last edited by trudnicki; 14th Aug 2013 at 18:33.

DromEd Archmage
    Sorry, I gave up...

I havn't found where to go to win, I have discovered the bonus, the loot and nothing more...
    Too bad, it was a good mission but a bit harsh to play in matter of knowing where to go...
    If the author create a new version, I think that a map hidden in the chess plate room could be welcome! ^^

Thank you both for the help! That's hard to spot.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Sorry, I gave up...
    Did you go to the area with street-signs leading to the city?
    Check the niche and go up.

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Did you go to the area with street-signs leading to the city?
    Check the niche and go up.
    Of course! But I was unable to hang the edge in the tiny caves... And my new mantling is enable!
    But I guess the end was there so I used the cheat code to win in this tiny cave.
    So, I gave up, but it's a bit as I succeed, if there were something after that edge, that sad, but I had no choices...

I pushed a button behind the target in the cave and heard something open but I have no idea what or where. Also, I cannot find stone #3. Any help appreciated.

I finished this mission in about 20 minutes and I feel that I missed a lot.

I went to the hideout place and nothing happened. Then I ran around and alerted the guards, and once again went to the hideout to find the mission had ended.

What is the secret in target practice opens? I can not understand...
    Last edited by nickie; 15th Aug 2013 at 04:12. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I pushed a button behind the target in the cave and heard something open but I have no idea what or where. Also, I cannot find stone #3. Any help appreciated.
    Check near the bath-tub. It is very hard to spot, though.
    #3, I think, was in the ape-caves. IIRC, you need to dive into one of the pools to get there.

Thanks! I had already found the secret (after much searching), but I completely missed the ape caves.

anybody has found 2 secrets ?? i got only one where bathtub is. still looking for second one hint apriciatted

There might not be two. It might just be that the secret count is out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast