TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM (NewDark) - Life Of The Party: Winter Edition - Released 18 August 2013

T2 FM (NewDark) - Life Of The Party: Winter Edition - Released 18 August 2013

I'm happy to announce that Life Of The Party: Winter Edition is now complete and ready for download!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main_1.png 
Views:	464 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	1770
    LIFE OF THE PARTY: WINTER EDITION

UPDATE 23 August 2013:
    Unfortunately, there was a small problem found by Marbrien as posted about below. I've updated the mission to 1.1 and the new link is up on my FM website.

Information:

Compatible with FMSel and Darkloader 4.3. I've tested it with both. Please take a look at the readme, there's tons of information in there. Because this mission is not drastically changed (subtitle rather than new name), there really isn't much I can say here that isn't already said in the readme. Having said that, the main thing you should know is that as the name suggests, this is a winter themed version of the OM Life Of The Party. There are snowballs in this mission, but they don't actually do any harm to anyone and are there for fun.

One important note, as is suggested by the title of this thread: Yes indeed, this is a NewDark mission which means that it will almost certainly not work at all in Thief 2 version 1.18 and will require 1.20 or higher. (Reason I didn't say 1.19 is because I made this with 1.20 and I've no idea if it will actually work with 1.19 but you're welcome to check but do so at your own risk.)

Now, I want to give a big thanks to my beta testers, of which are of course mentioned in the readme:
    bob_doe_nz
    Gloria Creep
    Ravenhook

Download:

My FM Website - Please click on the floppy disk icon next to LOTP Winter Edition in the FMs list. My FM is up on dropbox, but if anyone would like to mirror go ahead.

There's a hint/loot list guide, courtesy of Ricebug. Click here.

Screenshots:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump015.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	1944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump014.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	1945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump013.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	1946Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump012.jpg 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	1947Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump010.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	1948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump009.jpg 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	1949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump008.jpg 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	1950Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dump006.jpg 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	1952
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 8th Apr 2014 at 12:18. Reason: screenshots added.

Congrats on the release!

sNeaksieGarrett: Thank you I just finished the 48HC missions!!

cool, downloading...

Good luck on the release John

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Fantastic mission, ran through it in 50 minutes flat. Cannot remember loot totals and secret totals though. Superb job all.

Very nice! I love missions set in winter ambient! Thanks!

Garret has Breath

Garrets can see his breath in the cold.I don't think I have seen that before. When indoors it returns to normal. Brilliant.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Garrets can see his breath in the cold.I don't think I have seen that before. When indoors it returns to normal. Brilliant.
    We did this in TDM ages ago, @sneaksy, did you use the same method that we used in TDM..?
    Last edited by bikerdude; 20th Aug 2013 at 05:23.

I've no idea about that. I haven't been following TDM in a while. I looked at an old Thief 2 breath demo and went from there. I also got some help from folks over at The Editor's Guild.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Wouldn't any "method" in TDM be completely different than one in Dromed anyway?

Except at the most fundamental level of "using a particle system", yes.

Very nice adaption!

I think I've done everything I need to do inside Angelwatch, but there's one frobbable window on one of the upper floors I can't open. Where is the key please?

Uh oh. What difficulty level and what floor? Can you show me a screenshot? There shouldn't be any locked windows in angelwatch that I know of, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Uh oh. What difficulty level and what floor? Can you show me a screenshot? There shouldn't be any locked windows in angelwatch that I know of, sorry about that.
    It's Expert, and floor 4. Not sure how to put screenshots into these posts.

You can click on the Insert Image icon when creating your post and insert a URL to the image. If you have From Computer enabled you can just directly upload it. I'm not clear what window you are referring to. The image (or an area description) would be helpful.

Edit:

I found which window you were referring to. That was an overlooked mistake, really sorry about that. I've removed the lock on the window.

If you don't feel like downloading the entire mission again, then download this fix and put the .mis file into the .zip file of the original mission. (Or if using FMSel, overwrite the original .mis file in your LOTP Winter FM folder.) Otherwise you can download the updated package above.
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 23rd Aug 2013 at 17:05.

What new features does this mission brings compared with the orginal mission from T2?

Please read the readme that comes with the mission. If you don't want to play it after then just delete it. I can send you the readme.rtf file if you don't want to download the mission.

I noticed his breath as well and forgot to note it.... Loved it. It was better than the original....

Woops, I see you already had downloaded the mission cardia1.

dbrilliant: I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for giving it a whirl.

I had trouble mantling the beams near the two thieves and I'm guessing it was due to the snow objects placed on top.

I enjoyed playing this mission again and liked the visible breath. I always found it rather amusing when the last two archers at Lady Van Vernon's manor end up killing each other.

Uh oh, sorry about that. I didn't realize that was going to cause a problem, but at least you can mantle up on that wood right next to the beams.

Where can I find the key for the double doors on 5th floor of Angle Watch? I believe this is where I can find Information on the Cetus Project.

Oops, found it. Forgot to search body ontop floor.
    Last edited by Kczul; 28th Aug 2013 at 13:45. Reason: Found key

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Uh oh, sorry about that. I didn't realize that was going to cause a problem, but at least you can mantle up on that wood right next to the beams.
    I eventually made it onto the beam on the far right.

I have a problem. After playing this FM, I cannot play any other. Thief2 crashes on startup after installing other FMs or Original missions. All I can do is reinstall this FM and T2 will run. Same result using Garretloader and Darkloader. Any ideas guys?

OK - Problem solved, somehow dark.cfg got deleted!
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 1st Sep 2013 at 12:53.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast