TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 48 Hour Contest: Results

48 Hour Contest: Results

Congratulations to all the participants of the 48 Hour Contest!

The results are in, double-checked, verified, notarized, carbon dated, divined, and written in stone.
    Now for the break down:

1st place: Double or Quits by DrK - 48 votes
    DromEd Build Time: 1 Day, 13 hours, 12 minutes, 32 seconds

2nd Place: Half-Assed Wedding by FireMage - 42 votes
    DromEd Build Time: 1 Day, 5 hours, 6 minutes, 36 seconds

3rd Place: The Music of Sibel by skacky - 40 votes
    DromEd Build Time: ~1 day, 14 hours
    (Note, a bug in DromEd led to this mission inheriting the build time of miss1.mis from Thief2 Fixed. No cheating took place.)

Largest forest and most aerobic exercise:
    Run! by Notesthes - 11 votes
    DromEd Build Time: 21 hours, 3 minutes, 7 seconds

Most red brick and largest stack of wood shipping crates:
    The Cash Box by Brethren - 5 votes
    DromEd Build Time: 19 hours, 14 minutes, 24 seconds

Largest hallways and most pigment heisted in the world, ever:
    Canvassing the Neighborhood by Yandros - 4 votes
    DromEd Build Time: 1 day, 5 hours, 15 minutes, 4 seconds

Most rundown zombie infested buildings and animated water wheels:
    Secret of the Keepers by Sneaky Guy101 - 3 votes
    DromEd Build Time: 17 hours, 21 minutes, 47 seconds

Largest stairway to the 2nd floor and most forced labor:
    Forty Eight by Caradavin - 2 votes
    DromEd Build Time: 21 hours, 47 minutes, 57 seconds

This contest was meant to see what authors could do with a strict time limit, but also to see into the development process of an FM. All entries taken as a whole, I think the contest has challenged the authors involved and also revealed to the players different snapshots of the development all FMs go through which is something many people haven't seen before.

I want to thank all our contestants for participating in this challenge, their hard work, and for the bravery it takes to release something you wish you could develop further. Now that the contest is over, and the results released, I hope to see what you guys release in the future, be it further development on your contest entries, or new missions entirely.

Congratulations again to the authors, and my thanks to everyone involved behind the scenes.
    Last edited by AntiMatter_16; 28th Aug 2013 at 15:08.

Congrats to all of the authors I was a bit to some of those names. Not what i expected Enjoyed playing all of them. I'm also interested to know who will make a gold version of their mission

Southquarter.com/fms
    Awesome - congrats to DrK, FireMage, and skacky, in that order. I can't believe what you guys came up with in less than 2 days.

Thanks to AM_16 for running this thing - nice work! I know coordinating a contest like this can be a challenge. Thanks for posting all the "total times" too - there does seem to be a direct correlation between total time spent in dromed and where everyone placed in the contest.

I'd like to bestow one more award for best mission title: Half Assed Marriage.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's back to aligning crate textures...

Congratulations to the winners, you definitely deserved it! All of the authors did wonderfully. I enjoyed playing all of the missions. The work was amazing! I found it amazing what can be done in 48 hours, unexpected even.

DromEd Archmage
    Lol, thanks Brethren! I wish I could have such award, but alas this is not the "most ridiculous name challenge"... XD

Although your mission remains cool to play!
    Go and align your crates! I cannot wait for a golden version of your mission! :P

Also, I must reconize, I didn't expect to have so numerous votes for my mission! Thanks to all voters!

Now, if you'll excuse me too, I have a XP version to do...

I was absolutely convinced Half-Assed Wedding was Yandros's mission. Well done, FireMage! And congrats to everyone! It's weird dromed bugged like that with my mission, but I can assure you it was made in 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    I'm glad to hear that Firemage!

Congratulations to DrK and everyone else. I think you did a fantastic job, and a slap on the wrist to Brethren for trying to make me think I was wrong in my guesses!

I was almost certain Half-Assed Marriage was Brethren's work! (Though I also liked The Cash Box. Many neat little touches there.) My hats off to you, FireMage! You had the most creative and possibly most memorable mission.
    Also well done, Sneaky Guy101, the zombie infested part of the mission inspired me.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    I was absolutely convinced Half-Assed Wedding was Yandros's mission. Well done, FireMage! And congrats to everyone! It's weird dromed bugged like that with my mission, but I can assure you it was made in 48 hours.
    To reproduce the bug, open a mission, then go to File->New. The info_window stats aren't cleared. You have to close dromed and reopen it to get fresh mission stats apparently.

Also, I seem to have made a naming mistake, on Half-assed Marriage. It was supposed to be Half-Assed Wedding. At least I got it right on the poll. Oops.

Also, please feel free to award any contestants with a "Most" "Largest" etc award of your choice. =)

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Thanks a lot to the 83 voters, it's nice to see there were so many of them. Extra thanks to the ones who voted for my mission, glad you liked it
    Thanks to AM16 for such a brilliant yet intense contest, and to my fellow dromeders who went through hell with me. You did great taffers

Later there will be a gold edition of Double or Quits, I built half of what was planned. I don't know when I'll do it though.

Wait, I remember something...
    The commons are not allowed to speak before the Mages... Even if they are members in an Order...
    "The Quickest Architecte of Rocksbourg" ?
    Who's talking now ?
    I want the mods to give Firemage the following title : Half Assed Author.
    That's my reward. You're welcome

Yay! Congrats Drk!

. . . Of course we all knew it was yours and that you were probably going to win several days ago

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Really !? People knew ?

Actually Firemage took the lead for some days, and Skacky was right behind me, it wasn't an easy win.

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK
    Who's talking now ?
    I want the mods to give Firemage the following title : Half Assed Author.
    That's my reward. You're welcome
    I saw and answer to the results thread before you! XD
    So, I spoke before you again then!

Thank you but no: it's "Half Assed Wedding" Author!

And I don't mind because I was First during the first week!

So, enough Taffer-joking!

Congrats again!
    And thank you AM16 for this great challenge!
    Thanks to the other contestants!
    Thanks to all players!
    And thanks to the voters!

A challenge to redo later! (hue... not tomorrow or next year of course!) ^^'

EDIT: No problem AM, actually what is the difference between a marriage and a wedding?
    Last edited by FireMage; 28th Aug 2013 at 19:54.

Congrats DrK, FireMage and Skacky for your top three, but also to Brethren, Caradavin, Notesthes, SneakyGuy101 and Yandros - I enjoyed all of your missions and found the variety of AIs, vibes and environments that each of you brought to the competition really good fun. Look forward to some golds yeah...?! Ah, go on...

Congratulations, one and all! A thoroughly enjoyable contest!

Congratulations, DrK! And congrats to all the authors. This contest was a lot of fun and I enjoyed playing all the entries. Every one of you should be proud of the work you did in such an incredibly short time and I hope to see all of them as full-fledged missions in the future. Well done and thank you all!

And thank you AM16 for organizing and conducting the contest. We appreciate all your efforts!

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    Congratulations DrK and to the others. I think the last time there was this many votes was the Beauty Contest (also the last TTLG contest to allow people to vote by poll).

Also this seems somehow appropriate:

Island of Sorrow 2013
    Congrats to you Drk. Not surprising with your gift of game making. Congrats FireMage, I thoroughly enjoyed yours too. Brethren, it is good to see you making fms again! Congratulations to all of the entries, they were very well done considering the challenge of time.

This was a great idea you had AntiMattter, a very good turn out in voting too.
    Another successful contest!

French Touch Power !

Best looking FM : DrK
    Best original FM : FireMage

Congrats to all the authors, and thanks again to the Corbeau \o/

Congratulations to ALL the authors....I loved plying and exploring every single one of these,and am truly grateful for the time and effort put in to them...so a big Thank you!

Many thanks AM16 for this incredible challenge accepted by 8 authors equally amazing!
    I spent enjoyable moments with all proposed fans missions, no exception !
    Big respect to our winner

EDIT: No problem AM, actually what is the difference between a marriage and a wedding?
    A day long wedding involves 200+ of your closest friends & family
    A life long marriage involves only 2 people and, hopefully, God.

Congratulations to everyone, and here's to what will be the most contest-heavy year, in ages.

(Also AM16, you should go put the author's names in the threads for their FMs now, just to clear any confusion.)

Hey FireMage I converted to Win 7 just to be able to play your mission! and it was worth it!!

DromEd Archmage
    Hehehe... ^^'
    Thank you!

But I know that some are surely not ready to do that. The problem come from particles, so, I will do a version full particles, a semi-particles, and a no particles.
    I want to make everybody able to play my mission!

And btw I have some bugs with camvator, the hole, magic projectiles, and non-aligned textures... (and I rushed the final scene...)
    Per luck I have not too many things to do.

Although I have a simple question: Should I enlarge the spectrum zones or should not?
    I fear to screw it up... I you want me to do it, I'll do it, but If you don't want or don't ask, I won't touch it...
    But to avoid an off-topic discussion: Rendez-vous in my Mission Thread to talk about it!

Again: Thank you all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast