TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Widow's Ire - 9/30/2013

I must be blind can someone tell me where to use the compound key?

I am loving this fine nostalgic mission! its a pure treat!

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post

There is a locked door near the place where you get the key

I really loved the architecture of both missions. Exploring them was very entertaining.

One little problem:
    spoiler:
    The exit in the first mission ist not obvious. And I was stuck there because I didn´t have enough money and couldn´t get out because I had no rope arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    spoiler:
    The exit in the first mission ist not obvious. And I was stuck there because I didn´t have enough money and couldn´t get out because I had no rope arrows.
    The same thing happened to me. I didn't knew where the exit was since i didn't had enough loot and when i got there i just assumed it's just a place like any other since there are a lot of stuff to explore just for the loot. I enjoyed it even so

I found the mask and found what I think is the mission exit at the top of the tower opened with the keep key a hole that one can drop down to a dead end. I am way short on loot. I only have $2005. Any ideas where to look for loot?

Good mission but oddly done. It is all about searching with a lot of dead ends without loot.
    Last edited by bedwine; 2nd Oct 2013 at 14:02.

d. 2014
    mission 2 at the start I cant find anywhere to go,i think I need to get in that door, but how

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    mission 2 at the start I cant find anywhere to go,i think I need to get in that door, but how
    I am having the same problem. There is a valve in the wood shed that opens what sounds like a door. I can hear it but have no idea where or what it is.

Get back to the aqueduct once you turn that wheel.

The second mission is truly awesome, it combines the best traditions and has a superb atmosphere.
    But has anyone found the gem? I've reached the top cave with the hovering rock and its fast-flowing water tunnels, but I keep getting stuck when attempting to swim inside. Once I got through and swam across another tunnel, just to land in a wind-blown empty crate .

The zip archive available at Southquarter appears to be damaged. A bad CRC is reported for miss20.mis. This does not happen with the zip file available from the download in the first posting. If one unpacks both archives, the miss20.mis files differ.

EDIT: I just noticed... The .mis file which appears to be damaged resides in "intrface\miss20". There's another miss20.mis which is not placed in any sub-folder. That one appears to be okay.

If I'm not mistaken, .mis files don't belong anywhere in the "intrface" folder. This could mean that gameplay is not affected (if the game ignores the miss20.mis file in "intrface\miss20").
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 2nd Oct 2013 at 19:37.

Wonderful missions, StinkyKitty! I've finished the first and am now working on the second. I found the crate easter egg and am off to find the other two that are mentioned in the note. Again, great work!

@ csamba:
    spoiler:
    The Gem is hidden above the hovering rock with the water tunnels. But you have to swim into the rock first. If you have problems getting into the rock slide down the ramp on the left side and jump over the lava pit. There is another water entrance where you can swim to the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainem View Post
    @ csamba:
    spoiler:
    The Gem is hidden above the hovering rock with the water tunnels. But you have to swim into the rock first. If you have problems getting into the rock slide down the ramp on the left side and jump over the lava pit. There is another water entrance where you can swim to the rock.
    Thanks. I found that passage - where a rock tunnel leads to an empty crate - and swam back up through that tunnel, but it's just as hard to get inside the rock from that one. Maybe I'm too fat for the holes... I also managed to swim through another water tube, and landed in an abandoned valley. I activated the elevator, and arrived to another dead gate.... I'd be grateful for another hint

Edit: I found it after accidentally being able to enter the rock for the first time with enough breath to look up.... Thanks again.
    Last edited by csamba; 3rd Oct 2013 at 06:36.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Get back to the aqueduct once you turn that wheel.
    thankyou but I already did that, I cant find anything in there,,

I finished the campaign. It was enchanting! Just like 10 years ago! The author is brilliant! Keep it up!

Enjoying this, but I'm playing Mission 1 on Expert and I'm stuck on 2280 loot. I seem to have been everywhere twice but cannot find any more. I cannot access the Garden Of Lovers or the Golden Orchard. Also, there are what appear to be valuable pots in the area beyond the speed trap door patrolled by a fire elemental, but they are all unfrobbable. Is that correct?
    Last edited by Marbrien; 3rd Oct 2013 at 11:26. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post

Where did you find the compound key I have been trying to find 100 more in loot so I can finish this one! Please an outright spoiler would be great as I have been everywhere three or four times!

I am also a little short on loot in the first mission. I am at 2380. The only area I have not explored fully is the arena, especially the little alcoves that the beasts rest in (I am too scared of the fire shadows!).

A couple of other questions:
    * I found the mask, and I presume that the door I see in that room is the one I have seen the other side of already (by outside 'keyhole hallway'). Is there a key or switch for this door so I don't need to take the long way back again?
    * What is the purpose of the lever that seems to be stuck?
    * Is it possible to get from the arena area and get through the door that closes when you approach without using a speed potion? I have passed it twice and needed potion both times. I am running low on them.

Both missions were well made and fun to play.

My problem is that I had to use the 4 finger salute to finish the first mission because I couldn't find enough loot.

The second mission I have completed all the objectives but can't finish the mission because I can't find a way out of the mountains.

Both of these problems were asked by others before this post without any answers. Is there anybody out there?

Jiansonz: For your last question, it's entirely possible to do it but you'll have to use bunny hopping.
    Bedwine: The exit is very close to the gemstone and I found it before I found the gemstone. You can find it from the slippery ice and lava room, it is accessed from a long stone passage in which you have to crouch.

To anyone having trouble with loot there is a hidden area near the zombie in the flooded tunnel with the broken door and the big metal hammer. There are several pieces of loot there.

Hey skacky: I am still trying to find the compound key in the first mission I hope that is the key that fits the locked door across from the keep.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Hey skacky: I am still trying to find the compound key in the first mission I hope that is the key that fits the locked door across from the keep.
    I think I can help with that key. In the courtyard outside the door to the keep (and the gate to Garden of Love or whatever it's called) there is a small tower that has a broken bridge leading from it. Inside the tower is a small broken staircase. Mantle or rope up there, cross (what's left of) the bridge and you will reach an area with two small rooms. The compound key is in the room to the right when you enter.

Hi StinkyKitty,
    I would have liked to send you a PM, but your profile does not allow it.
    I wonder if you are planning an update on the mission.
    While there seem to be no 'critical' bugs so far, some things should be modified for sanity.

- 'BuildersPoem' won't show up at all, because the final mandatory double quote is missing.
    - 'GyllusJournal' : page 4 will appear truncated in the game.
    The double quotes in "Pockets of Origin" needs to be quoted, like \"Pockets of Origin\" for the text to be displayed correct and not being truncated

- As baeuchlein pointed out, the mis files in intrface\miss20\miss20.mis & intrface\miss21\miss21.mis are old and unneccessary and should be removed.

- There is no reason to include 2275_tgpatch_basic.exe in the ZIP. People know where to get it anyway. And neither DarkLoader nor GarrettLoader will even extract it.

- GarrettLoader does not like the apostrophe in the ZIP name (The Widow's Ire.zip) and will crash when selecting the mission.

- You could drop those 3 .txt files in books as well: A.txt, Alcolyte.txt, MainGate.txt

I thoroughly enjoyed these two missions and I say that for a first this is more than solid, but rather great work!

I'd say building upon that could yield even better missions - so dropping the ball would be a real pity.

Regardless how you decide, StinkyWitty, thank you for these missions!

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Both missions were well made and fun to play.

My problem is that I had to use the 4 finger salute to finish the first mission because I couldn't find enough loot.

The second mission I have completed all the objectives but can't finish the mission because I can't find a way out of the mountains.

Both of these problems were asked by others before this post without any answers. Is there anybody out there?
    Bedwine, the exit area for mission 2 is very near where you get the Window's Ire. If you drop down onto the ground below the hanging rock without sliding into the lava, you should be able to see an exit in the wall opposite where you entered that area. The game ended for me when I went into that exit.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast