TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Widow's Ire - 9/30/2013

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    To anyone having trouble with loot there is a hidden area near the zombie in the flooded tunnel with the broken door and the big metal hammer. There are several pieces of loot there.
    I think you mean the area that looks like some sort of Hammerite shrine. Got that already.
    I found another piece that made me pass the loot requirement (even though I should still be 45 short if the objective text had been correct): beside the remains of a dead guy that can be found if you get up on top of the green "planty" arches above the statue passage.

Now where the heck did StinkyKitty hide the remaining 330 loot? OK, there are many places to hide stuff in a mission this big and complex...

I noticed that I can buy thief gold at gog.com for $9.99 or Amazon for $6.99. It appears to be a steam game. Will this work through dark loader? I want to get this to be able to play TG missions, but am concerned that it may not work, I could just be paranoid. Anybody? Thanks!
    Last edited by rustmite; 4th Oct 2013 at 15:39. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    I noticed that I can buy thief gold at gog.com for $9.99 or Amazon for $6.99. It appears to be a steam game. Will this work through dark loader? I want to get this to be able to play TG missions, but am concerned that it may not work, I could just be paranoid. Anybody? Thanks!
    The GOG versions of all Thief games aren't Steam versions but regular US versions with English language (but without copy protection, of course).
    Personally, +$3 would be worth it for me and in fact I did buy them there because of that (English language & no DRM).
    I haven't had the time to install T1 & T2, yet, but Thief: Deadly Shadows works fine with fan missions after patching it with the "T3 Sneaky Upgrade".
    Last edited by Calibrator; 5th Oct 2013 at 11:43.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    I think I can help with that key. In the courtyard outside the door to the keep (and the gate to Garden of Love or whatever it's called) there is a small tower that has a broken bridge leading from it. Inside the tower is a small broken staircase. Mantle or rope up there, cross (what's left of) the bridge and you will reach an area with two small rooms. The compound key is in the room to the right when you enter.
    Thanks but I have been in those rooms many times and found no key where exactly did you find it? I have looked high and low? Playing on Hard if that makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Thanks but I have been in those rooms many times and found no key where exactly did you find it? I have looked high and low? Playing on Hard if that makes a difference
    I am almost sure it was on the table, next to the book. Small chance that it was on the windowsill instead.

I do not know if it makes any difference that you play on Hard and I play on Expert. It probably does since you found no key there.

A couple of other questions:
    * I found the mask, and I presume that the door I see in that room is the one I have seen the other side of already (by outside 'keyhole hallway'). Is there a key or switch for this door so I don't need to take the long way back again?
    You will eat your underwear when the answer, but I missed it as well for quite a while.
    It is hanging right beside that very door.

* What is the purpose of the lever that seems to be stuck?
    Good question! Answers?

After having been busy with beta-testing some other mission, I finally finished mission 1.
    Yeah, quite a challenge to find your way through it, but I like it that way.
    However, maybe the size was a bit too big, though.
    Got as close as -180 compared to total loot.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 4th Oct 2013 at 19:41.

PLW, If your like me your going to feel stupid when you go back to that room with the book and see the key to the left of the book on the table. Closer to the back wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    PLW, If your like me your going to feel stupid when you go back to that room with the book and see the key to the left of the book on the table. Closer to the back wall.
    I will go look again but I found enough loot finally so I could move on to next level and WOW it was amazing!!! Both missions are awesome thanks StinkyKitty!! Please make more missions they nailed the Thief1/ Gold feeling.

OK, I pretty much never reply to a Fan-Mission thread, since I directly download my FMs from ttlg.de

This time however, I just had to publicly say what an amazing FM this was. It completely brought back the mysterious atmosphere that the original Thief had. Everything that made it such a thrill to play, in all different ways. It doesn't only go for the map design.

The AI is the most engaging and satisfying I've encountered in years. Playing on expert, I finally got back that challenging and realistic feel to getting around the masterfully placed guards. I also don't know if this was a glitch - and I hope people don't consider this a spoiler - but I found a guard laying on bed, while still being awake. The mumbled quips that AIs usually utter when they think they might see something felt that much more appropriate when it was a guard just having a rest lying awake.

The whole mission also feels much less linear and more naturally sprawling than any that I've recently played as well. I could go on, but

All in all, I REALLY, REALLY hope you do continue building FMs (if you like it of course). Consider me a fan.

Awesome Finally another Thief Gold FM I'm glad people are keeping thief Gold Alive. We need more FM's for TG and this is just what I needed, SO F***ING AWESOME! Thank you, but unfortunately I can't play it at the time because I am busy with the Halloween Contest FM that I'm making. But I will be sure to play it after I finish my FM

This is a fantastic mission indeed. I am going through a second time. Does anyone remember where they found the Keep Key? Help please.

jiansonz, water arrows work well on the fire people

I was messing with the zombies in the compound. At one point I had two zombies left to destroy. They fled away from me. Ran outside and up the hill. It was really weird. They came back after a while. There are more than one area to explore at the exit to the mines from the compound. I went through the stack of coal the first time. The second time I jumped up to a small ledge that takes a longer root to the mines. This type of layout is prominent in this mission and it makes it worthwhile to taking different routes the second play through.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Does anyone remember where they found the Keep Key? Help please.
    Yes, it's by the skeletal remains in the open tomb with four candles just above and to the west of the arena.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 5th Oct 2013 at 16:24.

Does anyone know how to get to Easter Egg number 3 (I found it short before you get to see the Widow´s Ire but I can´t reach it in one of the Towers)...Thanks for your help!

In mission 2, is there any way to enter the room with a thief-looking guy with a key on his belt and what looks like a dead Keeper? I can peek into that room from two directions. I've tried gas arrowing the thief and hoped he would fall forward so I could grab the key. He did, but I could not reach him or the key. Reload. I've tried banging on the metal door. It sounded like someone was searching in there but nobody came to the door.

Stuck in mission 1

Folks,

Well, I've found lots of places (in mission 1).

The short bit: I have 1355 loot, and the mask, and I'm playing hard. I need 435 more loot and the exit.

The long bit: I've explored all sorts of strange areas - the mine tunnels, the reversed waterfall that allowed me to get to certain Hammer areas and the compound key (and back to the keep), the keep and it's high area and note, the various areas in the crypt, etc. I did find a explosive charge - where do I use it? Anyone got a lootlist for mission 1? I've been playing a long time and I feel like I'm stuck. Is there anything I'm supposed to do in the area where a ghost priest marches endlessly between his forge and a room and ignores me? Similarly, is there anything I'm missing with the passage that climbs past all the coal chutes to a point where - all you can do is drop back into an area (with water) that you've been?

Thanks in advance!

- prjames

I have played the first mission so far and all I have to say is... IT IS A GREATLY CONSTRUCTED MISSION

In mission 2, is there any way to enter the room with a thief-looking guy with a key on his belt and what looks like a dead Keeper? I can peek into that room from two directions. I've tried gas arrowing the thief and hoped he would fall forward so I could grab the key. He did, but I could not reach him or the key. Reload. I've tried banging on the metal door. It sounded like someone was searching in there but nobody came to the door.
    I just did this about an hour ago. I rapped on the steel door the thief gets spooked and starts searching. He calms down and exits through the door but the door closes behind him. I tried knocking him out but he is on alert and I fail every time. So I rapped on the door stood back with a gas arrow ready and fire before the door shuts. I found there was nothing in that room so it was a pointless diversion. I assume you all ready pick pocketed his key to get your gas arrow

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    The short bit: I have 1355 loot, and the mask, and I'm playing hard. I need 435 more loot and the exit.
    I will make a lootlist soon; but for now, some loot ideas - stuff you have not specifically mentioned:

- Very early on, even before you get to the valley with the entrance with an elevator, there is a part where the foundation the mine track rests on has slid down on the righthand side. Drop down there (land in the "hole", the deep part in the water or you'll take damage) and you can find a couple of loot pieces in areas connected to that water (among other places, you can get onto the two mine tracks you have probably passed under earlier)

- In the garden, rope up everywhere it looks possible and look around. Explore that warehouse with spiders next to the garden thoroughly.

- In the main part of the mines, there are two places where a dead end holds the skeletal remains of some poor person and there is loot by them (one of them has a ring on their finger).

- Did you get the valuable golden bones, both the skull among the vibrating skulls and the leg that takes like half your life?

- In the garden, rope up everywhere it looks possible and look around.
    Which reminds me... I have no rope arrows. Where are the rope arrows in this mission?

I've found most of these but I don't think I've found the dead people at dead-ends in the mine. Thanks!

- prjames

Which reminds me... I have no rope arrows. Where are the rope arrows in this mission?

I've found most of these but I don't think I've found the dead people at dead-ends in the mine. Thanks!

- prjames
    After exiting from the very first part of the mission look very closely at the garden area high and low.
    Loot is hidden at some of the corners. In one of the hidden doors from the garden area you will find 2 rope arrows. I can't remember if it was up high or at ground level. You will need to explore all areas to find the required loot. Doing so will get you the arrows also.

Hi I have now been in the compound,and done all I think I could in there....so the next two places I think I need to go are either the shed type hut with the light switch in the window and locked door....or what looks like the entrance to a crypt opposite the compound...I cant find keys for these two places yet...I have been going in circles for quite a while now

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    Hi I have now been in the compound,and done all I think I could in there....so the next two places I think I need to go are either the shed type hut with the light switch in the window and locked door....or what looks like the entrance to a crypt opposite the compound...I cant find keys for these two places yet...I have been going in circles for quite a while now
    I don't remember where the crypt key is but in general, you need to find that key, then continue into the crypt (there is much to see and do there).

bedwine, thanks for the hint. For a more detailed hint on the rope arrows, look carefully in the hallway with seven statues between the garden and the castle area (aka the keep/crypt entrance area).

I eventually figured out how to return to the very early areas and searching that area, including the first of jiansonz's hints (thanks) got me the loot I needed.

On to the second mission...

- prjames

I don't remember where the crypt key is but in general, you need to find that key, then continue into the crypt (there is much to see and do there).

- prjames

ok if anyone else knows where this key to the Crypt is please spoil it

So, I seem to be stuck. I might need a rope arrow but I don't have any and I have no idea where to get them.
    I am past the arena with the burricks and fire shadows, through the timed door, jumped across the lava chasm into that derelict hammerite building, went upstairs and knocked down the hammerite priest zombie with my sword, then went on until I reached a floating golden skeletal arm. I've been everywhere in this area, down the pit with the skulls, at the sarcophagus, at the large bonehoard-like burial tower (cannot access the top without a rope arrow though - where there is a goblet lying beside a wooden sarcophagus but the top ladder is broken off). The only place that looks like a place I should go is above the skull pit, but it's impossible to reach because it is blocked by that mining cart or whatever that metal thing is.

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    ok if anyone else knows where this key to the Crypt is please spoil it
    You won't get a key to the crypt unless you are inside - and on your way out again. I recommend to explore the mines more thoroughly and climb up to the very top.
    Sorry, but I do not recall any details.

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    The only place that looks like a place I should go is above the skull pit, but it's impossible to reach because it is blocked by that mining cart or whatever that metal thing is.
    That mining cart is a chute, and you can not get through there. You should have seen the other side of it already anyway.
    Just take the entry on the right of the chute.
    It will lead you out again. Find the ceremonial burial room high above and make your exit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast