TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Widow's Ire - 9/30/2013

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    That mining cart is a chute, and you can not get through there. You should have seen the other side of it already anyway.
    Just take the entry on the right of the chute.
    It will lead you out again. Find the ceremonial burial room high above and make your exit.
    Do I need a rope arrow to get into the burial room? Because I don't have any and don't see any other way to get up there...

I've got all the loot and the gemstone in the second mission, the only problem is, is that I don't know how to exit the mountain region. I've tried the front gate where the mission starts and the hole where that readable is, Help

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Guy101 View Post
    I've got all the loot and the gemstone in the second mission, the only problem is, is that I don't know how to exit the mountain region. I've tried the front gate where the mission starts and the hole where that readable is, Help
    In the area with the giant floating rock and the crazy water, slide down the lefthand side of the icy slope, mantle some pillars and then instead of entering the water tunnel, find a passage to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    In the area with the giant floating rock and the crazy water, slide down the lefthand side of the icy slope, mantle some pillars and then instead of entering the water tunnel, find a passage to the left.
    Okay thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    Do I need a rope arrow to get into the burial room? Because I don't have any and don't see any other way to get up there...
    You don't need the rope arrows. Everything is within reach and you don't even need to get to the very top in order to find the passage between the sarcophagy.
    Searching this thread for rope arrows will give you some clues, though.

I have found rope arrows in three places in the first mission (2 arrows each in those places).
    1. Area reached through a crawlspace in statue passage in the garden
    2. On the low part of the roof next to the small tower in the courtyard outside Keep and Crypt (roof of the tower itself has an exploding charge).
    3. There are two ways to the garden. One is swimming down in the cistern, the other is through a burrick tunnel that starts on the wall diagonally above said cistern. Just before you hop into the tunnel, you are standing on a metal ledge. Squeeze past the antenna/lamp and you'll find two rope arrows on the metal ledge

I finally finished these great two missions. The layout was fantastic. Not to mention the "Flawed Creation" and the Hammer character. He turns his head down in out right hatred. If you come up behind him he will turn his head under his shoulder to glare at you for a moment and then keep on beating the poor thing. If you dally too long he will turn and chase you. A New Dark exploit maybe? Great stuff.

Here are my lootlists for the two missions:

Mission 1: Valley of the Burned
    Mission 2: The Widow's Ire

Nothing weird about the loot in mission 2. I had missed just one piece, a coin in the chapel. BTW, did anyone find the third easter egg among the ruins? I have the infinity crate and I have the mine stash (the latter is found high up in the first courtyard of the ruins.)

When I replayed mission 1, I found two more loot pieces. One because I was better at thinking outside the box and the second probably because I had cranked up the light a lot more this time around. I missed one piece here as well, the most talked-about purse in the mission. It's actually just over a meter away from one of the readables that mentions it.

Then there is the business with the gears. A readable in the guardhouse mentions that a diamond-edged gear has been replaced and where the used one is stored. It can indeed be found in the lower floor of the guardhouse, in a chest next to a tube with a ladder going down. This used gear is worth 50 gems. Very close by, you can find the new gear in use - go into what looks like an open broom closet, hop onto the explosive barrel and jump/mantle up. You can see the new gear spinning in the mechanism there. There is a switch that lets you stop the mechanism. I thought this would allow me to steal the new gear (which the loot report says is worth 70 gems - makes sense that it should be a little more than the old one!) but this gear is not frobbable. I even tried blasting it off with fire arrow and exploding charge. No go.
    Thief says that the maximum loot is 2785 while the loot report tool says it's 2715 (this number includes the 70 gems from the unfrobbable gear). I only managed to collect a total of 2645 in-game. See a pattern here? The difference between 2785 and 2645 is 140, or 70 x 2. Looks to me that the 70 that was supposed to be subtracted from the obtainable amount is added instead. Or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyKitty View Post
    This is my first, and probably my last, Fan Mission.
    @StinkyKitty, I really enjoyed these two missions and I really think you should keep making missions, because you have true talent and are a genius for making this mission. Please make more, I'm not telling you you have to, but it would be a shame to have a great Author such as yourself just come up with this masterpiece and then just stop. There are many other great authors that have brought similar missions and they have also came up with and made masterpieces just like this and I would hate to see another one just stop like that.

Thief says that the maximum loot is 2785 while the loot report tool says it's 2715 (this number includes the 70 gems from the unfrobbable gear). I only managed to collect a total of 2645 in-game. See a pattern here? The difference between 2785 and 2645 is 140, or 70 x 2. Looks to me that the 70 that was supposed to be subtracted from the obtainable amount is added instead. Or something like that...
    Makes perfect sense to me! Obviously a loot-bug.
    So, at the end I am missing only a candle-stick. Thanks!

i enjoyed the mission set,please keep making thief1/gold/2 fan missions

Great fm so complete plz dont abandon the creative part of Your thief nature. Its a pure pleasure to play this fm. Than You so much for keeping me awake in front of the screen hoping to solve this brilliant adventure.

Now the question ive been playing this fm for over 2 hours and none of the objective are completed. I was in the mines in the compoud and got the key to the keep /already been there/ i got golden bone where to look for the mask ?? and what to do in the keep ?? i am also missing the key to the place near keep entrance where to look for it. Do i have to do something with two big gears and something that looks like camshaft ??
    Last edited by trudnicki; 8th Oct 2013 at 15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki View Post
    Great fm so complete plz dont abandon the creative part of Your thief nature. Its a pure pleasure to play this fm. Than You so much for keeping me awake in front of the screen hoping to solve this brilliant adventure.

Now the question ive been playing this fm for over 2 hours and none of the objective are completed. I was in the mines in the compoud and got the key to the keep /already been there/ i got golden bone where to look for the mask ?? and what to do in the keep ?? i am also missing the key to the place near keep entrance where to look for it. Do i have to do something with two big gears and something that looks like camshaft ??
    You were at the pit full of skulls and the golden bone that teleports you to a sarcophagus when you touch it?
    In that room, go to the place with the ladders that lead up to sarcophagi and look for a passage between the sacrophagi (thanks for that tip, gnartsch, I would never have found that passage on my own!). Go through there and continue onward until you come to a large circular hall, the mask of Callone is in there.

But I have a problem now too - there is a locked door in the room with the mask and I don't have a fitting key. How do I open it?
    EDIT: Found it! That was one case of missing the obvious, heh. :P

Quote Originally Posted by JarlFrank View Post
    You were at the pit full of skulls and the golden bone that teleports you to a sarcophagus when you touch it?
    In that room, go to the place with the ladders that lead up to sarcophagi and look for a passage between the sacrophagi (thanks for that tip, gnartsch, I would never have found that passage on my own!). Go through there and continue onward until you come to a large circular hall, the mask of Callone is in there.

But I have a problem now too - there is a locked door in the room with the mask and I don't have a fitting key. How do I open it?
    EDIT: Found it! That was one case of missing the obvious, heh. :P
    hehe stand in the front of the short corridor leading to that door. Look on the right side of the wall little bit higher than eye level thanks for the help with that mask i knew there must be something more in that area with sarcophagus

Makes perfect sense to me! Obviously a loot-bug.
    So, at the end I am missing only a candle-stick. Thanks!
    No, actually I have exactly 2715 loot at the end and I could take the mentioned gear after pulling down some switch - maybe you have not installed Thief Gold (only the patcher?) and it has to do something with scripting? Besides I found Easter egg 3 but couldn´t get to it (have a thread for my question to it on page 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    No, actually I have exactly 2715 loot at the end and I could take the mentioned gear after pulling down some switch - maybe you have not installed Thief Gold (only the patcher?) and it has to do something with scripting? Besides I found Easter egg 3 but couldn´t get to it (have a thread for my question to it on page 3).
    I have Thief Gold and have applied the latest TFix v1.15 on it.

About easter egg: do you mean the northern tower in the last courtyard? (you go up in the southern tower to get to the final cave system) I can not see anything special about that tower.

I have Thief Gold and have applied the latest TFix v1.15 on it.

About easter egg: do you mean the northern tower in the last courtyard? (you go up in the southern tower to get to the final cave system) I can not see anything special about that tower.
    Use crates until you can see through the upper windows...

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Use crates until you can see through the upper windows...
    Yeah, but how to get it ?
    Can't get close enough to frob it.
    EDIT: reading your previous post, I realize you could not get close enough aswell.

Oh, and frobbing that gear never worked for me (using real ThiefGold, not any patch).
    And throwing the switch didn't help either.

Well, in that case...

Indeed, you have convinced me. I am very glad you enjoyed my two missions, and decided that I can't stop there.

I have four more missions in the back of my head and I'm already working on one of them. There will be two releases; two missions at a time, just like Widow's Ire. My goal is to have them all finished within a year. I'll try to keep them as fresh as possible.

Once again, thank you for playing.

Clearinghouse
    GREAT NEWS

Awesome news! Can't wait for your missions.

Indeed, you have convinced me. I am very glad you enjoyed my two missions, and decided that I can't stop there.

I have four more missions in the back of my head and I'm already working on one of them. There will be two releases; two missions at a time, just like Widow's Ire. My goal is to have them all finished within a year. I'll try to keep them as fresh as possible.

Great and You're Very Welcome, Anytime

Error

I hope I am not being a complete bonehead but I get a 'runtime error' when trying to run this mission with Garrett Loader. I have tried numerous downloads with same result. Other missions work fine. If I extract the archive, I get an error about miss20.mis file being corrupt. Thanks for any help-I would like to play this mission!

Glad to hear you changed your mind!
    (How about fixing the few issues in this mission first?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaain View Post
    I hope I am not being a complete bonehead but I get a 'runtime error' when trying to run this mission with Garrett Loader. I have tried numerous downloads with same result. Other missions work fine. If I extract the archive, I get an error about miss20.mis file being corrupt. Thanks for any help-I would like to play this mission!
    Did you download from Southquarter?
    Delete intrface\miss20\miss20.mis and intrface\miss21\miss21.mis from the ZIP.
    That should help for GarrettLoader, I guess. These files are not needed anyway and one of them is known to produce CRC errors.
    Or simply download from the original link in the first post.

@Brethren: why does the download on Southquarter still contain that corrupted file?

Glad to hear you changed your mind!
    (How about fixing the few issues in this mission first?)

Did you download from Southquarter?
    Delete intrface\miss20\miss20.mis and intrface\miss21\miss21.mis from the ZIP.
    That should help for GarrettLoader, I guess. These files are not needed anyway and one of them is known to produce CRC errors.
    Or simply download from the original link in the first post.

@Brethren: why does the download on Southquarter still contain that corrupted file?

Tried deleting those file but have same result in Garrett Loader. I have also downloaded from the original link. I am using WinRAR and I noticed you said to delete the files from the 'ZIP'. Does that mean just a compressed file or should I be using something else?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast