TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Widow's Ire - 9/30/2013

Is there anything special in the mines?

Can I skip this area, or is there something I need to accomplish here?

Been walking around, have a feeling the way I came in is not accessible as it closed behind me.

I have also been to catacombs and not found anything special. Never found any ruins, and not been to the mansion yet.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Upgrade

I edited the file and removed all of the redundant stuff, so now it's a lot smaller.

I also removed the apostrophe, so hopefully those of you using Garrettloader will be able to download it.

Any adjustments to the levels themselves will be made when I release my next two missions.

Cheers.

Clearinghouse
    Last edited by clearing; 30th Apr 2018 at 07:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    Can I skip this area, or is there something I need to accomplish here?

Been walking around, have a feeling the way I came in is not accessible as it closed behind me.

I have also been to catacombs and not found anything special. Never found any ruins, and not been to the mansion yet.
    Are you in the first mission?

The mines there are good for loot (both mine sections) and the large mine section leads to the old Hammerite section with its crypt, where the solution to one of your main objectives awaits. Hint: there is another way out of the shaft/crypt room with sarcophagi and ladders.

Passage back should (hopefully) not be closed (that closing door in the crypts will be open if you approach from the back side) and you can also exit the crypt the other way.

I finally got around to starting this and so far it's fun. I'm in the first mission, in the area with the golden bones. There's one that damages my health when I pick it up. Is there any way to avoid that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Is there any way to avoid that?
    Nope, but if you have HP to survive that, the golden arm will heal you back.

Thank you! I had gotten it first so I went back before that. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm having fun anyways.

I finished the first mission (on Normal as I have every intention of playing these again!) but now I think I'm stuck on the second one. I've go the armoury key but haven't found where to use it. I've been through as much of the building as I can but I'm not sure what to do now. I've found the wheel you turn by the front gate. I saw a post where someone said to get back in the aquaduct but I can't see what to do in there. The doors are closed at the far end. What am I missing?

(Note: there may be differences between difficulties - I've only played on Expert)

Nightwalker, I am confused. When you say you have been through 'as much of the building as you can', does that mean you have seen the main lobby, the chapel, the kitchen, the huge wine storage, the pissed-off Hammerite, the small upper level rooms, luxurious bathroom, etc? Because if you have been to those parts, I would have thought you would have found the armory by now because it's not particularly hidden.

The early part goes like this:
    - Mantle out of aqueduct and get down to ground level
    - Turn the wheel
    - Get back up and into the aqueduct (to get up, climb a ladder on the back side of one of the those stone walls by the little garden) and now one end of the aqueduct is open and you can swim into a large water reservoir and reach the mansion areas from there.

When you are done with the cozy mansion areas, the mission eventually continues from the rooms you reach from the central hallway up from the main lobby.

I must be just overlooking a locked door somewhere. Strange! I think the beginning is different on Normal as I didn't have to turn the wheel at the beginning so the posts about that made me think there was something else involved. I haven't found the gem yet though so obviously I'm missing an area somewhere. I'll go look again tomorrow.

I FINALLY finished Mission 2. I started over on Expert and this time found the armory. I have no idea how I missed it on Normal! I found where I'd gone wrong last time and got to the right place this time. For anyone else who's confused make sure you explore the ruins VERY carefully. I missed one doorway quite high up off a ledge and that is what left me scratching my head, wondering where I needed to go next.

Thanks for the help, jiansonz.

Terrific missions! Great fun and now I'm off to replay the first one on Expert.

I am stuck on the first mission. I have been to the mines, found the key to the Keep but am not sure how to get back to the keep. I have been wandering for a long time. At this point I am in the area with 2 haunts and all the ladders. I can't get up to where I believe I came from earlier and see a floow switch that is locked it seems.

Can someone please direct me?

Thanks

ps: Hats off to the author. Great mission, great atmosphere!!

Nevermind, found my way. Obvious but sometimes you just miss the obvious. On to the Keep!

Any news about how to get to Easter Egg 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Any news about how to get to Easter Egg 3?
    Oops. Yeah, I just checked it and that's not supposed to be blocked off. My bad. It'll be fixed when the next two missions come out. Please be patient until then!

Thank you, StinkyKitty! Can't wait for some quiet time to play it today!

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyKitty View Post
    Oops. Yeah, I just checked it and that's not supposed to be blocked off. My bad. It'll be fixed when the next two missions come out. Please be patient until then!
    Could you correct these texts as well, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    'BuildersPoem' won't show up at all, because the final mandatory double quote is missing.
    'GyllusJournal' : page 4 will appear truncated in the game.
    The double quotes in "Pockets of Origin" needs to be quoted like \"Pockets of Origin\"

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Could you correct these texts as well, please?
    Yup, I'll correct the texts.

Also, if anyone wants to PM me, I believe my profile allows it now.

I've sent you a pm. Let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks to Author

Absolutely delightful mission. Lots of exploring, interesting objectives and gameplay, gets you lost sometime but you feel great when you figure out how to move on, great TG feel and use of textures. THank you to the author. Please, please, please make another TG mission. AS you can see from all the posts, you have a lot of fans who really enjoyed this mission (or I shoudl say 2 missions).

Thanks again.

BBB

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    mission 2 at the start I cant find anywhere to go,i think I need to get in that door, but how
    [the wheelit did not open anything on easy,did on hard

Ahhh my god i can't play the second mission !!!
    Let me explain : i got a crash every time i load a savegame since the beginning, but as the mission is amazing, i've decided to play like that, every time the game crash, i launch it again and load my savegame. But at the end of the first mission, the game is crashing when it is supposed to launch the second mission.
    I've tried to launch directly the 2nd mission (i've modified string/missflag.str) -> crash after the shoping screen.
    The worst is that I can launch the 2nd mission with dromEd -> no crash.

Somebody has an idea ? How is it possible to launch a mission with dromEd and not with the game ?

(I have Thief 1 patched to Gold, V1.21)
    (I've downloaded 2 corrected zip file)

Hi Apiai,

I think I know what your problem is :

either you have installed the 2.1 version of the tnhscript (which is for Thief2 only),
    or you installed the 1.54 version for Thief2, right?
    The 1.54 package has a Thief1 version as well, which will work, but I do not know where to download it right now.
    At any rate I have no issues saving/loading with the T1 tnhscript present.

But I am sure you do not even need it! (Shouldn't it be included in the ZIP in case it was required?)
    I played both mission without tnhscript and had no problems at all. (Actually I do not have any scripts installed).
    But I got crashes on savegames and on transition to the second mission as well when any T2 version of it was present.
    So, you might simply want to delete it or replace it, if you can find 1.54 for Thief1.

The console output you posted on the french forum (for the first mission) should not be serious, but would clearly be worth cleaning up (by the author).
    Obviously most oif these 5 of these scripts are irrelevant. I do not even have any scripts installed and the missions run fine.

Code:
    WARNING: failed to load script module "0122║☻♀"
    WARNING: failed to load script module "tnhscript"
    WARNING: failed to load script module "▓☻♀"
    INFO: Loaded script module "convict"
    WARNING: failed to load script module "script"
    WARNING: failed to load script module "lootmask"
    @StinkyKitty: is any of the missing scripts required for anything?
    Such as obtaining the precious gear, which needs to be put out of use by throwing a switch?
    I was never able to frob the gear.

If so, they should be included in the ZIP.

EDIT: as far as I can tell, tnhscript is not used at all.
    But in order to get the precious gear (not vital for the mission, though), this is needed:
    UsrScriptT1_1x2BugFix.zip
    Last edited by gnartsch; 28th Oct 2013 at 18:14.

Yeah, I never thought the gear would work for some and not work for others. And I don't have the technical skills to figure it out.

Gnartsch, ich liebe dich !!
    I've deleted all scripts from thief1 directory, and it works !
    Since NewDark, i thought i could copy all T2 scripts to T1 directory as T1 and T2 now share the same executable.

(I remember having a crash in "The Thieves Quarter" Thief 1 FM, the game crash when i pick up a floating hammer.
    I got to test it again without scripts.)

StinkyKitty thank you for this wonderful mission !

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast