TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TG FM: The Widow's Ire - 9/30/2013

Ghost
    Skaky wrote (on page 2) that one could get through the auto-closing door by "bunny hopping." Can somebody unpack this phrase? I haven't a clue!

Also, whereabout should I look for the mask? I haven't seen it.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Bunny hopping means jumping in sequence to get faster and faster. Garrett jumps pretty far and he keeps his momentum if you jump again as soon as you touch the ground, and in addition to that he also accelerates some more with each jump, allowing you to reach crazy speeds. Be wary though because if you are too fast you can die very easily, even more so in NewDark for some reason. This only works in T1/TG. See this video for an example:

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Also, whereabout should I look for the mask? I haven't seen it.
    In that chamber with zombies, ladders and lots of sarcophagi, look for another way out, about 3/4 of the way up from the floor.

Ghost
    Thanks, Jiansonz.

I got the mask and am now in the keep, top floor (I think -- where the cannon and arbalests are). I've read a note suggesting a "plunge" to the Monostary [sic]. I see a likely looking drop -- but it's blocked by a grating. Must I open that grating somehow, or is the plunge a whole different place?

Thanks,

Dafydd

I see a likely looking drop -- but it's blocked by a grating. Must I open that grating somehow, or is the plunge a whole different place?
    When all other objectives are fulfilled, you only need to get down into that little shaft with the grating and the mission should end.

Ghost
    I've been crawling all over the crypt but cannot find the room with the stuck lever. Grrr!

Thanks,

Dafydd

I've been crawling all over the crypt but cannot find the room with the stuck lever. Grrr!

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Again, I describe it best from the room with zombies and ladders. There are two openings into the base floor level in this room (so do not go down the "ramp"). One opening leads to the Pit of Vibrating Skulls, the other leads to the room with the stuck lever. The window/opening from the room with the lever overlooks the pit with skulls.

Ghost
    Thanks, Jiansonz! I walked past that second opening at least two dozen times and never saw it until today. Yeesh.

Getting closer on loot, but I still need another 500 or so...

Dafydd

Very good mission, long and fun. I played almost three hours, loot is 2064

Classical Master 2008
    I am probably stuck right at the end of Mission 2. I've got the gemstone and I found the exit, but I am missing a lot of loot. However, there seems to be no way back to the mansion without backtracking through all that awesome terrain. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    I am probably stuck right at the end of Mission 2. I've got the gemstone and I found the exit, but I am missing a lot of loot. However, there seems to be no way back to the mansion without backtracking through all that awesome terrain. Is that right?
    'Fraid so.

Classical Master 2008
    This was a great mission, one of the best in recent years! I've written a short review of it here.

StinkyKitty, I hope you will build more FMs - "You've got talent, lad", as they say.

Mission 1 hints: if you have not played a fan mission in a while (like me )
    - search every nook and cranny; if it looks like you can get there, go there
    - there are 4 rope arrows total
    - there are 4 keys in Mission 1
    - there are no lock picks
    - the Expert loot total says 2500, but your finished with 2400 and can end Mission 1

Starting Mission 2 now; this is an incredible FM - StinkyKitty is a Master!
    Last edited by Lucky Hand of Glory; 19th Apr 2014 at 21:06.

Just finished this mission and was mainly amazed by how I haven't played it until now. Easily in my top 10 of Thief 1 missions now. Incredibly use of architecture as means to show hints, hide secrets and just show memorable places.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Just finished this mission and was mainly amazed by how I haven't played it until now. Easily in my top 10 of Thief 1 missions now. Incredibly use of architecture as means to show hints, hide secrets and just show memorable places.
    I hope you know that there are two more missions.
    These two are part of the Gems of Provenance 4-mission campaign.

Yeah, I already had that standing in line after this one, but didn't know it was also a Newdark-update of Widow's Ire. Currently replaying already to see the differences.

I'm getting an error when I try to load this mission in Darkloader. Dromed crashes completely if I open the mis file

The one on DarkFate seems to work.

That works, thanks!
    Wonder why the file is so much smaller...

I loved the first mission, StinkyKitty. such a wonderful Thief 1 feeling. I played it twice because I missed some loot and enjoyed it both times.

It appears that The Widow's Ire was updated and with two additional missions.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145002
    Could someone edit the original post to link to the updated Widow's Ire?

By the way, if you have trouble with darkloader/garretloader, don't forget, there is a fan mission selector for Thief Gold.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202
    In the directory where you installed Thief, find a file called "cam_mod.ini." Open it up. Right below the line where it says "always start the FM selector", remove the semicolon in front of ;fm, then save the file. The FM selector will now start up whenever you start Thief.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456