TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Widow's Ire - 9/30/2013

TG FM: The Widow's Ire - 9/30/2013

Greetings one and all.

This is my first, and probably my last, Fan Mission. Actually, it's two missions. For Thief Gold.

Thief Gold is my favorite game forever and I can never let it die. Therefore, I made this small contribution to its rich lore and fantastic game-play.

I hope there are those still who play the first Thief. I hope not to disappoint.

You can find the file here:

https://www.hightail.com/download/OG...T001aWJWUThUQw

Hope it works.

Stealth on!
    Last edited by StinkyKitty; 14th Oct 2013 at 10:33.

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations on the release, StinkyKitty

Southquarter.com/fms
    Nice, two TG missions, look forward to playing. I put up a Southquarter mirror too:

The Widow's Ire

Congratulations on this release, i also Love thief 1, many thanks for your contribution, downloading now...

Congrats on the release!
    Didn't expect a new ThiefGold mission ... but it is surely welcome.
    Will play it rightaway!

Did some quick checking on some texts already, though...
    'BuildersPoem' won't show up at all, because the final mandatory double quote is missing.
    'GyllusJournal' : page 4 will appear truncated in the game.
    The double quotes in "Pockets of Origin" needs to be quoted like \"Pockets of Origin\"

Congrats!! Looking forward to play it

I haven't launched Thief in a while, and what do I see? Two brand new missions for TG.

I can't believe how amazing this is! I've played about half an hour and i'm having a lot of fun with it.
    It's like Cragscleft-Bonehoard-The Sword all rolled into one
    Last edited by InfinituS; 30th Sep 2013 at 17:36.

Congrats and thanks!

I'm stuck in the first mission. Where is the entrance to the mansion? How do i get there? I think i've been everywhere [The compound, ruins,mines, tombs] A little help please

I think I might be stuck as well in the first mission. I have been to the temple thingy with the Fire Shadows, been to the golden bones area and been to the Keep. Once there I don't see where I'm supposed to go. I threw one of the bones into the coffin but it disappeared and nothing happened. There is also a lever nearby that does nothing when I flip it, and it doesn't move. I also managed to find an Explosive Charge.

Oh and the loot goal is wrong on Expert: it's written 2500 but you only need 2400.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. There is a corridor in that pyramidal room with all the sarcophagi and the ladders, and it's hidden in the dark.
    Last edited by skacky; 30th Sep 2013 at 19:03.

Oh boy... I would not have thought that this first mission is that big
    I love it so far... fairly complex but mostly about exploring.

Finally beat the first mission, it took me 1 hour and 57 minutes. Nice mission, I gotta say. The designs are rather crude overall but the atmosphere is really good. It really reminds me of the early T1 FMs. On to the next mission.

Infinitus: The exit is in the Keep. It's not very obvious, but you'll stumble upon it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Finally beat the first mission, it took me 1 hour and 57 minutes. Nice mission, I gotta say. The designs are rather crude overall but the atmosphere is really good. It really reminds me of the early T1 FMs.
    Agreed, it's somewhat nostalgic. I went through the above locations, read the note on the top level of the Keep, took the big jump and swam through to what looked like the Monastery - just to find some loot, a small rotating hammer and two inert doors. Is that all there? I definitely need more loot before looking for the exit...

Congrats on the release. I will surely play this soon.

It would be good if you updated the thread title so it includes 'Thief Gold' so we can see that it's an FM pack for that game just by reading the title.

d. 2014
    mission 2 how do I get in that door,and what did that wheel open,,

I'm stuck at the end of the first mission. I found a mask, walked out of the crypt. I read the note in the Keep. What to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    I'm stuck at the end of the first mission. I found a mask, walked out of the crypt. I read the note in the Keep. What to do next?
    Go to the Keep, the exit is inside and in plain view but it's not very obvious.

I've finished both missions and the second is definitely my favorite. The second part of that mission was really nice and overall these two reminded me of missions like Cult of the Resurrection or The Golden Book of the Keepers. I know what you've written, but please do more missions.

I played 5 minutes of it and it seems to nail down Thief 1's atmosphere perfectly. I'm in love .

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    mission 2 how do I get in that door,and what did that wheel open,,
    found out what opened,when I turned the wheel,now I need to find a switch I think

Finished all of it. What a ride Loved it the whole way and indeed reminded me of a lot of other missions rolled into one

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    I know what you've written, but please do more missions.
    This!

I have a dumb question. Are there any lock picks in this mission? How do I open all these doors?

Although I haven't made it everywhere, I am damn sure you won't find any lockpicks anywhere.
    Having played 'just a few hours' yesterday, everything was opened by switches or keys.
    The challenge is to explore that entire map.

Movement Problem

I really wanted to play this mission but the movement is much too lively on my machine. It is positively vertigo inducing!
    Only managed about half an hour.

Is there a thread about this somewhere? Seem to recall a mention at some time in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    I really wanted to play this mission but the movement is much too lively on my machine. It is positively vertigo inducing!
    It's probably your Mouse Sensitivity, which you can change on the first Options screen. Mine needs to be set fairly far to the left for normal movement. If you did a re-install or ran TFix it gets reset to the center.
    Last edited by Dahenjo; 4th Oct 2013 at 16:29.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast