TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Free, Standalone TDM 2.05 Now Available!

Do you happen to use Windows 10? TDM was quite laggy in Win 10 for me in the beginning too. After a while, the problem solved itself though, at least, i have no idea what i did that it stopped lagging. Maybe there was a fix with an update or something, because, some other games sometimes lagged a little too.

Yup, I've got Windows 10. I'm pretty certain though that I tried an earlier version late last year or in early 2017, and that one was less jerky without the cfg tweak.

I was pretty surprised when the two default missions that come with TDM were so jerky, because ever since I got my G-sync monitor, I hadn't really experienced that in *any* game, including ones that I expect are much more demanding.

Ok, then it's most likely another issue than the one i experienced.

Hmm, try creating an autoexec.cfg and setting seta r_displayRefresh "60" (or whatever your screen refresh rate).
    I don't think you should need uncapped FPS to achieve smooth play. I think you are experiencing some sort of bug
    where Windows 10 isn't providing the screen refresh to the OpenGL driver.

Thanks, that also did the trick!

Yeah, this doesn't seem to be The Dark Mod specific. I experienced the same problem with vanilla Doom 3. I created autoexec.cfg files for all my Doom 3 mods to resolve it.
    I suppose someone could open a bug ticket with Nvidia or Microsoft on this. Hard to say how much attention they would afford it.

Looks like this is falling down:

for ( modeNum = 0 ; ; modeNum++ ) {
    if ( !EnumDisplaySettings( NULL, modeNum, &devmode ) ) {
    if ( matched ) {
    // we got a resolution match, but not a frequency match
    // so disable the frequency requirement
    common->Printf( "..." S_COLOR_YELLOW "%dhz is unsupported at %dx%d\n" S_COLOR_DEFAULT, parms.displayHz, parms.width, parms.height );
    parms.displayHz = 0;
    break;
    }
    common->Printf( "..." S_COLOR_YELLOW "%dx%d is unsupported in 32 bit\n" S_COLOR_DEFAULT, parms.width, parms.height );
    return false;
    }
    if ( (int)devmode.dmPelsWidth >= parms.width
    && (int)devmode.dmPelsHeight >= parms.height
    && (int)devmode.dmBitsPerPel == 32 ) {

matched = true;

if ( parms.displayHz == 0 || devmode.dmDisplayFrequency == parms.displayHz ) {
    break;
    }
    }
    Probably needs to be replaced with GetCaps:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910