TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Free, Standalone TDM 2.05 Now Available!

Wow guys. I don't know how often you stand back and look at the sum total of what you have achieved, but it is a pretty amazing sight. Congratulations!

And as a side bonus, I can finally get rid of Doom 3 ...

Quote Originally Posted by ricnor View Post
    Is it possible to download TDM 2.0 to one PC and then move the "install-folder" to another PC?
    I dont have my gaming-PC connected to the Internet.
    Yep! Download it where you want and drop it where you want.

Bloody brilliant job, taffers! Now...where's the manual?

Holy. Effin'. Shyte Sleepless nights, here I coooooome

Can we please get a little blurb on the TTLG homepage

Congratulations to everyone involved! I'll be playing more TDM missions on YouTube now that this is out

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations to the team!

Yup, was a long time in the making, the amount of work to get to this point was massive.

New Gameplay: AI can now hear collapsing bodies, especially if the body is wearing plate mail and falls on a hard surface. No longer will a guard stand oblivious while his friend collapses to the ground two feet behind him. The player will have to give some thought to where they take down opponents if there are other guards in the area.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2edzsIkdSxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpobQIeZP1Y

Graphical Improvements: You should notice a number of improvements to some character models, especially the skeleton, townsfolk, and beggar characters. Arrows will now leave blood-stains.

Some images of a new map released today, Requiem by Moonbo:

Last edited by AluminumHaste; 9th Oct 2013 at 01:54.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ricnor
    Is it possible to download TDM 2.0 to one PC and then move the "install-folder" to another PC?
    I dont have my gaming-PC connected to the Internet.
    Yep! Download it where you want and drop it where you want.
    In fact, I wanted to show a friend my map (he doesn't have the game installed), so I put the folder on a USB flash drive, plugged it into his computer, and played it right off the drive.
    I love how portable it is.

Great news! Thanks a lot taffers, finally I can try many other FMs!

Is there a way to download the Windows version files on OSX? A direct download of TDM 2.0 would be wonderful.
    Last edited by redface; 9th Oct 2013 at 05:00.

Congratulations! I play "Requiem" at the moment...its just WOW!

Dudes, no words. Other than well bloody done, this looks absolutely amazing. Who needs AAA?

Glorious news!

Wonderful job guys! I'm looking forward to playing it if the download ever finishes Please release a torrent so you aren't bombarded with traffic and maybe look in to distributing the files with torrents instead. I'm getting 5kB/s right now in the updater, and people are reporting 3 or less...this is a big release, torrents give a chance for the community to support each other, and you guys by taking that bandwidth burden off your back. From the looks of it, the site may even be down from all the page views.

Quote Originally Posted by retractingblinds View Post
    Wonderful job guys! I'm looking forward to playing it if the download ever finishes Please release a torrent so you aren't bombarded with traffic and maybe look in to distributing the files with torrents instead. I'm getting 5kB/s right now in the updater, and people are reporting 3 or less...this is a big release, torrents give a chance for the community to support each other, and you guys by taking that bandwidth burden off your back. From the looks of it, the site may even be down from all the page views.
    Some extra mirrors are being added to help with the load I believe, and I'm sure a torrent is underway as well.

I don't think our servers have ever been hit so hard. Wow.

I'll be archiving my installed copy and tossing it on mega for you, if no one else is. Just a few more hours, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    In fact, I wanted to show a friend my map (he doesn't have the game installed), so I put the folder on a USB flash drive, plugged it into his computer, and played it right off the drive.
    I love how portable it is.
    Yep, I just copied the darkmod folder across to my work machine to play over lunch. The only problem was I had to download a mission manually as the in-game downloader couldn't get the server list, presumably due to the servers getting hammered.

Torrent now available. Not sure how fast it is but hopefully it will pick up as more share.

https://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/9024163

The torrent is very fast at least in comparison to the updater. Takes maybe an hour and a half currently, probably 30 minutes at longest when more seeders come around at the end of the day.

There are some more torrents listed in this thread: http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...87#entry321687

You guys are so talented and dedicated... thank you so much!

I've uploaded an archive of TDM 2.0 install to Google drive.

Download the link from Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7xL...DQ4TmFRRjRSdXM

Once you've extracted the zip file to the directory you want, just run tdm_update.exe to have it verify file integrity.

DarkFate Mirror:

http://download.darkfate.org/project...ne_Release.zip

ftp://95.31.27.16/projects/darkmod/T...ne_Release.zip

Where can I manually get missions updated for TDM 2.0? Thedarkmod.com seems not responding.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast