TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Free, Standalone TDM 2.05 Now Available!

You can grab them on the Fan Missions forums on the darkmod boards.

Yes, unfortunately the mission downloader needs to get the download information from our main server, which is currently swamped, so until that settles down, new missions will have to be downloaded from direct links in the forums. Also, there are some direct links on this page to missions that were updated for 2.0: http://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php..._assets_by_map

Just drop them in your darkmod/fms folder.

bikerdude

Downloading the update: manually bypassing the slowest mirrors

Until it calms down a bit here is another option for people to use, that bypasses the slower mirrors and the need to download the tdm_mirrors.txt file from the already swamped darkmod.com server.

1. Download the attached file and save the following file to the root of the Darkmod folder, over-writing the one there already.
    2. Run the tdm_update.exe and on the main windows click on "advanced options"
    3. Then click on "dont search for new mirrors" and then click save.
    4. Then click on "continue"
    5. If your updating from an earlier version of TDM, you need to check the "dont search for new mirrors" once again, after 'tdm_update.exe' updates itself and restarts.mack sure to do steps 2-4 again.
    6. Please note the manual mirrors list wont work when you want to download mission's, you need to replace the "tdm_mirrors.txt" file with the default one - see attached.

- see the screenshot below for steps 2-4.

Manual Mirrors - Attachment 1827
    Default Mirrors - Attachment 1826
    Last edited by bikerdude; 10th Oct 2013 at 06:53.

In case you update from an earlier version of TDM, note that you need to check the "dont search for new mirrors" once again after the updater updated itself and restarted.

I turn around for like 5 seconds, and something new comes out. I've been really anxious for the TDM 2.0 release, and now that it's here I plan to install it again finally. It being standalone I hope means it's much less finicky with settings than Doom 3 was.

Grats to the darkmod team. You guys are awesome.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Riff View Post
    DarkFate Mirror:

http://download.darkfate.org/project...ne_Release.zip

ftp://95.31.27.16/projects/darkmod/T...ne_Release.zip

Where can I manually get missions updated for TDM 2.0? Thedarkmod.com seems not responding.
    I hear the servers are overloaded and unable to link to the internet. I too have "Failed" problems. I think if we (you and me) wait a bit they will be back up so we can DL the mod!

Wow, I just found out Dark Mod went standalone via a post on my activity feed in Steam.

Congrats! What an achievement.

Edit: Was just trying to download it and ran into problems. Got the updater to cooperate thanks to bikerdude and gnartsch!
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 9th Oct 2013 at 23:43.

This game is too big for the TDM servers to handle.

But anyways, I'm quite thrilled so far. The full-screen seems to work for me finally, at least after fidgeting around with the menu settings the resolution actually sticks. But here in Linux I have this odd issue where anything bitmap in the menus is still at a lower resolution than everything else, like the font.

Also, anyone know how to disable the game engine console (accessed with the tilde key)? I want to remap the holster weapons key to that so I can remap the controls to match that of normal Thief. I just realized, since I haven't played TDM much, that it'd be more convenient for the mousewheel to handle inventory and to just select weapons manually.

Let me know when it's available for Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysmal View Post
    Let me know when it's available for Mac.
    Not sure when that'll happen (I mean, it's certainly feasible). In the meantime, maybe try something like Wine for the windows executables? Not sure, as I've never used Wine on OSX before.

bikerdude
    we support mac in version 1.08 only atm.

Hey, maybe it could be possible to implement torrents in to the game instead of using direct download for missions? I love the mod by the way. The movement feels perfect, better than the originals. I couldn't believe it really, and you guys nailed the feeling of leaning in thief 1 and 2. I wonder, are there any plans to add modifier keys for controls? like binding alt+W to leaning forward, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Also, anyone know how to disable the game engine console (accessed with the tilde key)? I want to remap the holster weapons key to that so I can remap the controls to match that of normal Thief. I just realized, since I haven't played TDM much, that it'd be more convenient for the mousewheel to handle inventory and to just select weapons manually.
    Open the darkmod.cfg and autoexec or autocommands.cfg files and change com_allowConsole from 1 to 0.
    You can still open the console by pressing CTRL+ALT+~, but that frees up the tilde key.

Another option:

> Just wanted to let you know that we have a mirror for The Dark Mod 2.0 Standalone up at http://atomicgamer.c...-v2-0-free-game . I noticed that the Dark Mod site is offline - I'm guessing because of all the people trying to get the game - so if you have a way of getting this link out to ease the strain on servers, please do. Thanks!
    >
    > - Jeff
    > Editor-in-Chief, AtomicGamer.com

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Springheel View Post
    > The Dark Mod Mirror at AtomicGamer
    > --------------------
    > Hi b1k3rdude,
    >
    > Just wanted to let you know that we have a mirror for The Dark Mod 2.0 Standalone up at http://atomicgamer.c...-v2-0-free-game . I noticed that the Dark Mod site is offline - I'm guessing because of all the people trying to get the game - so if you have a way of getting this link out to ease the strain on servers, please do. Thanks!
    >
    > - Jeff
    > Editor-in-Chief, AtomicGamer.com
    > --------------------
    >
    Forgot to post that over here.

Phoronix

Most of you have probably never heard of Phoronix but its a Linux News Site.

They posted about Darkmod 2.0 there http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQ4MjY

Funny I heard about it from there before seeing it here. Guess I don't come here enough anymore, something I should fix.
    Just thought you might want to know.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
    Open the darkmod.cfg and autoexec or autocommands.cfg files and change com_allowConsole from 1 to 0.
    You can still open the console by pressing CTRL+ALT+~, but that frees up the tilde key.
    There is no autocommands.cfg, not sure what you mean by autoexec, and com_allowConsole wasn't in darkmod.cfg and when I add it then run the game, it does nothing to change the console from still opening with tilde.

Also, still a bit concerned about the low resolution of images in the game menus.
    Solved the low resolution images. Had to set image_downSize to "0"

Quote Originally Posted by Thelvyn View Post
    Most of you have probably never heard of Phoronix but its a Linux News Site!
    I've heard of it. I even read it now and then. Don't be so quick to assume things here on TTLG.

This is awesome. I used Bikerdude's trick last night and it downloaded the whole thing 10 minutes. Thanks a lot!

I guess the FM server is down too, because last night I tried to download FMs from in the game and the list wouldn't load.

It was down, as it uses our main server. We've added another one though, so you might have some luck downloading missions now.

Cool, thanks I'll try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I've heard of it. I even read it now and then. Don't be so quick to assume things here on TTLG.
    I did say "Most of you", considering that most people have never even heard of linux or if they have do not know what it is its a fairly safe bet.
    Have you heard of SteamOS then ? Looking forward to that! Will take a while though.

Just a PSA:
    Since our website was down, many people have been downloading TDM 2.0 from other sources, and thus may not have seen an important part of the installation instructions:

The Dark Mod MUST be installed in a folder called "darkmod", otherwise saved games will not load.

Please spread this information around; some people have reported problems because they were unaware of this.

Tossed up a mirror here: http://derfy.net/tdm/

Code:
    root@derfy:/var/www/root/derfy.net/tdm# md5sum Thedarkmod2.zip
    2b02b88f28c804884c7f9cf8be7cf111  Thedarkmod2.zip

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast