TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Free, Standalone TDM 2.05 Now Available!

Hey everybody!

Just found out about this today and downloaded it! I must say I'm very excited, since I knew that TDM existed a long while a go (when it needed D3 to run), but I've never tried it and this is a wonderful opportunity. From what I've seen on the internet so far (YouTube etc.), it's glorious and I can't wait until I try it out later today! Huge thanks to everybody involved for bringing a Thief-like experience to all of us in this time when our dear franchise is going where the most eager fans would never follow.

So yeah, my deepest gratitude to all of you! Can't wait to be amazed when I finally go launch this!

A thankful zil (the humble composer you might know from the Hammerite Imperium series.. and Black Frog).

Quote Originally Posted by swordbreaker View Post

It was quite surprise to see tdm in a local game magazine in my country. I bet they are oldskool thief fan.
    You're from Turkey?
    Muy caliente! lol jk
    Love Turkey since I'm a Bosniak :P

Anyhow, TDM is such a relief after that monstrosity of an ordeal Eidos presented. Lots of kudos to the group who made it, I'd honestly donate the money I planned to spend on Thief 4 before I saw Eidos' massacre of the franchise, to this group so as to keep 'em going.(Maybe they've got some donation thing up already? I'm not that up-to-date with everything :P)

it's a tremendous feat.
    really, on steam The Dark Mod surely would deserve the 20 dollar mark.
    It's beautiful, through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by apostrophe View Post
    it's a tremendous feat.
    really, on steam The Dark Mod surely would deserve the 20 dollar mark.
    It's beautiful, through and through.
    We truly appreciate the sentiment, but TDM will always be free.

Zombified
    Nikola Tesla approves.

Applause.
    Great work

The Dark Mod forums appear to be down for me. Is it for others as well?

Yes, it is down for everyone...Although the categories are accessible, the topics are not.

I don't remember if this bug happened in previous TDM versions, but I just found it earlier. Moving water distorts whatever passes in front of it:

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I don't remember if this bug happened in previous TDM versions, but I just found it earlier. Moving water distorts whatever passes in front of it:
    It's always been like that in the Doom 3 engine.

Ah, ok, never mind. Hopefully they can fix it eventually.

Forums are down again - any news or updates on that?

That's a drag. They've been out all day (well, daytime for this hemisphere).
    Possibly related to the previous mess?

I can get into the TDM forums but TheDarkMod.com itself is unresponsive so I can't get to the downloads directly

Currently downloading from the AtomicGamer site

Slightly less tormented Moderator
    Thanks for the tip, Esme - I was getting impatient.

Edit. Removed link as Esme's was instant!! Thank you.

Donate?

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizon View Post
    We truly appreciate the sentiment, but TDM will always be free.
    With great respect to your desire to keep the mod free (thank you), surely you can setup a link on the home page for donations? Certainly there are expenses in keeping the website going, heck I'd be happy just to give you 20 bucks to go out to lunch on me.

Money raises far more problems than it solves in a fan project with a large number of contributors. There might be occasions in the future where we would accept donations for specific costs (like the $100 needed to apply to Steam Greenlight), but those will be few and far between. As I always say, donating your time (by dropping by to say thanks or complimenting a map, sharing the word about TDM around the web, or even joining our forum to offer a hand beta-testing or map-making) is far more useful.

It works perfect.....

Grabbing, thanks!

Damn, out of date again.. just when I managed to hack up a working 2.0 install on my Mac.

Holding onto hopes that some day the Mac will receive equal priority. Don't wanna lose this lovely mod.

Played a bit of this last night...loved it! Long live Thief fan missions! Huraaaahhyy!

Finally hacked together a 2.01 install on my Mac, by running the tdm_update.exe through WINE (since the OS X updater is apparently broken), but the actual OS X executable remains at 2.0... somehow this doesn't quite feel ideal

I hate feeling so left out, most indie games quite readily support all 3 platforms, but for some reason OS X is a big problem here

Quote Originally Posted by Abysmal View Post
    Finally hacked together a 2.01 install on my Mac, by running the tdm_update.exe through WINE (since the OS X updater is apparently broken), but the actual OS X executable remains at 2.0... somehow this doesn't quite feel ideal

I hate feeling so left out, most indie games quite readily support all 3 platforms, but for some reason OS X is a big problem here
    When you say "Most Indie games" you mean the ones that you pay for in some fashion right :/
    There are certainly much much better ways to request assistance then this

My update on 2.00 is not working also but I am on windows7 amdx64 does anyone know of a reason for this ?
    Possibly related to the darkmod site being down I would imagine.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast