TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Invasion"--T2 NewDark fm-Halloween Contest 2013

Island of Sorrow 2013

"Invasion"--T2 NewDark fm-Halloween Contest 2013

No.1 Invasion Thief2 NewDark v1.21 (no custom scripts)

Synopsis of Story:from the Author-Anonymous

An evil being named Dr. Death has invaded the Bafford castle and brought with him various kinds of baddies. Dr. Death must be stopped before he moves on to someplace like Dayport.

This mission in some places will be very challenging, and was designed to be scary as well.

Get it here:http://www.southquarter.com/download...asion_v1_2.zip updated

Please Vote Here: http://www.ttlg.com/polls/Halloween2013
    Last edited by MysteryMan; 15th Nov 2013 at 10:39.

Thats cool! Downloaded.

where is the earth talisman?

Downwinder: On a table on the ground floor in one of the round turrets. Only accessible from the roof. Directions: from roof, go to the northern end of castle (above the big main gate) - it's the turret to the east of the gate. Two dead archers/guards are on the floor too.

Where is the main dude? Where/who is Dr Death? EDIT: Found him: he's in the "Royal" area
    Last edited by Bosh; 2nd Nov 2013 at 08:19. Reason: Spelling...d'oh!

Quite a nice 'remake' so far.
    Unfortunately all the books from the original FM make it hard to tell what is relevant for this mission.
    Seems like I have been following all those 'old' hints all the time, but didn't make much progress.

@anonymous: Rachel.str appears truncated. Page_2-Page_4 are missing. Please add a double quote at the end of Page_1 !

EDIT: 3 hours into the mission... and stuck!
    Got the 4 talismans, finally... after confusing myself over all the non-functional secrets.
    But what is next ... and where to use them ???
    Last edited by gnartsch; 1st Nov 2013 at 13:40.

I'm really enjoying this remake. It seems like it hasn't been very long since I played the original so the place is very familiar to me. I did find one oddity, though. The AI in the garden is truncated. I know this is due to a missing file but I can't remember which one at the moment:

Southquarter.com/fms
    What FM is this mission a remake of?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    The AI in the garden is truncated.
    I am sure this is by intention.

@Brethren: see the readme.

Creepy.......I have sort of a déja vu playing it.......
    is the moving light in the corridor from the kitchen dangerous or is it just a creepy effect?

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    What FM is this mission a remake of?
    baffords last stand

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    Quite a nice 'remake' so far.
    Unfortunately all the books from the original FM make it hard to tell what is relevant for this mission.
    Seems like I have been following all those 'old' hints all the time, but didn't make much progress.

@anonymous: Rachel.str appears truncated. Page_2-Page_4 are missing. Please add a double quote at the end of Page_1 !

EDIT: 3 hours into the mission... and stuck!
    Got the 4 talismans, finally... after confusing myself over all the non-functional secrets.
    But what is next ... and where to use them ???
    store room search for a small switch in a corner

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Creepy.......I have sort of a déja vu playing it.......
    is the moving light in the corridor from the kitchen dangerous or is it just a creepy effect?
    Its just a creepy effect.

Ok, finished!
    Nice creepy mission!
    I must admit that all the texts & secret switches from the original mission were pretty confusing.
    How should one recall what is relevant for this mission and what are leftovers of the original one?

Two little bugs, though:
    - the Treasure Room was not locked (on Expert). Finding the key for it was therefore pretty pointless. However that one is pretty hard to find, maybe even too hard!
    - the mission did not complete when I brought Jenivere to the starting point. I had to step into the passge again and then return to the start point after delivering her.

I just spoke with the author and he said he would fix the bugs and re-upload tonight.

He did say that some things would be in the same condition as they were when Garret left in Bafford's Last Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I'm really enjoying this remake. It seems like it hasn't been very long since I played the original so the place is very familiar to me. I did find one oddity, though. The AI in the garden is truncated. I know this is due to a missing file but I can't remember which one at the moment:

I believe that was a scarecrow. Something must be missing.

Perhaps another bug: I killed Dr. Death and the objective to kill him was completed. But then he got back up and killed me. I hope this is a bug. I would hate to think that was intentional.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Usually when AI look like that, the .cal file that goes with their mesh (.bin) is missing.

i like the idea of replaying a mission with new objectives,well done i enjoyed the mission,the little girl that wonders around with dark hair remind me a the chick from the ring,aka "7 days" and she also reminds me of the girl from thief 3 who spoke in keeper language.

2 things:

I read the papyrus in the church saying the guy had lost his Rosary beads in the jail but I couldn't find them there Any clues?

Also, I frobbed the gold bottle behind the bar and it moved the Burricks head, revealing a hole, but there was nothing there Is that supposed to be like that?

Mission looks great so far, thanks to the Author!

How can I overcome or kill that monk on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Usually when AI look like that, the .cal file that goes with their mesh (.bin) is missing.
    Unfortunately both files were missing.

Sir Prancelot try looking in one of the cells.

The secret you mentioned was probably an oversight.

Emperium that is Dr Death. the four talismans will open a place that has what you need. After you have them search the treasure room closely.
    Last edited by john9818a; 2nd Nov 2013 at 13:02.

Nice re-make. Some good touches. Thefootsteps running up behind me as I picked the music room door gave me a turn!

Happy Halloween to me..... After 900.00 of replacement parts and an upgrade to a SSD (Solid-state-Drive), I am back on Thief again. To "Mystery Man" another winner contender again!

Folks,

Got three talismans but still need the air talisman. Hints for those still stuck with other talismans:

Earth: As stated previously, in one of the circular rooms at ground floor on NE side of the castle. You need to approach downwards from roof level.
    Fire: At the bottom of the oubliette, look for a secret bone switch under a rubble piece.
    Water: After you got the silver gear key, make your way to the royal bedroom area. Keep going until you find the bathroom. Stop looking at the naked zombie girl and look up.

Thanks in advance!

- prjames

I also just need the Air Talisman now!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast