TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Santa better bring me a...

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstation 4

12 21.43%
  • Xbox One

2 3.57%
  • Still insisting on a PC, once I get a new video card

15 26.79%
  • Not buying a new system anytime soon

27 48.21%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going for a PS4 or Xbox One?

Going for a PS4 or Xbox One?

So, which one is on your shopping list?

I have to say, I'm leaning toward PS4, because of the commercial with Lou Reed's, Perfect Day.

Video card. This is the most bland console generation I've ever seen. Hell I love Dead Rising and DR3 looks bland. Why did they have to insist on colorless-gritty-so-real graphics?

I'm not really seeing a reason to get any of the new consoles. This is just a really underwhelming launch altogether.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I'll get a PS4 when I'm ready to get a PS4.

I'll get an XBone when I'm ready for a punch in the balls.

Still Subjective
    PS4. Eventually.

I was going to get it on release day but I'm too busy this year so there is no point.

I've really enjoyed my PS3 because of the exclusives and Sony supporting Indies even more this generation can only mean this aspect of it will be even better.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Chakat sex pillow
    The PS4 once the library's built up a bit and the initial teething problems are sorted, as with any console launch, and then a PC upgrade once the hardware's an order of magnitude or so more powerful and cheaper; that's been my strategy for the last two generations, and this generation seems to be the same.

Microsoft's box can take a dive in the Mariana trench as far as I'm concerned.

I want to try out the new Kinect, but I'm not in any particular hurry.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I've gone with the XBox for the past 2 generations, and though they've had their issues I have fond memories of my times with both. But as for this upcoming generation, there's really no competition. I'll be going the same path Sulph's going. PS4 first, then PC upgrade later.

Same as NuEffect. I'll probably do a complete upgrade of my PC next year (although I'll wait to see when the new generation of video cards comes out), and I've got a considerable back log on both PC and PS3, but if I get a new console, it'll be a PS4, eventually.

verbose douchebag
    I may get a PS3 at some stage.

I just bought a Wii U, does that count?

Steam Box

Thing What Kicks
    I'm still getting an awful lot of fun out of my PS3 and PC.
    The PC may get a graphics card upgrade in the next year, but to be honest, I haven't found much that pushes the 580GTX it's got at the moment.
    And with PS+ giving away so many great games for free (well, for as long as I subscribe), the PS3 has garnered a new lease of life. Plus it's my main media box.

If I were to go for a new console, it'd probably be PS4, but on release it's too rich for my tastes and given the problems the last generation had at launch, I'm more than happy to wait.

So "Not buying a new system anytime soon" here.

Southquarter.com/fms
    PS4 in a year or so once the game library is built up. By then a lot of the first run of game will be available used too. I can't see much reason why I would ever get a XB1.

I'd like to get a PS4, but it's going to be a while before that happens. I had actually considered going the xbox route this time, but if anything, I'll have to get it later on after the PS4.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Microsoft's gaming division has demonstrated much more anti-consumer sentiment in recent times than either Blizzard or EA. MS closing GFWL after only 7 years is the final straw for me, I'm boycotting their shit. Xbox ought to be drowned in a bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Same. Super Mario 3D World looks pretty sweet. Plus I'm a big Pikmin fan.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I hope that enjoy expensive paperweights.

I bought the WiiU at launch last year and I have had more enjoyment gaming on it with my family, than I have with the 360 (barring Gta5). I certainly dont feel like I have wasted money on it.
    Oh yeh, playing SuperMetroid on the gamepad is awesome.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    I'm not really seeing a reason to get any of the new consoles. This is just a really underwhelming launch altogether.
    I'm thinking it has less to do with this being an underwhelming launch, and more to do with us getting older. Cool though it may be, this stuff doesn't excite us as much as it used to.

To get on topic, I'll wait a couple years, then get a PS4. I'm still neck deep in PS3 games that are still waiting to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Microsoft's gaming division has demonstrated much more anti-consumer sentiment in recent times than either Blizzard or EA. MS closing GFWL after only 7 years is the final straw for me, I'm boycotting their shit. Xbox ought to be drowned in a bathtub.
    So what are you gonna do? Join whatshisface over in FOSS land playing Tuxracer all day, or are you gonna go with a Mac?

if tuxracer has orbital for a soundtrack i'd play it

Moderator and Priest
    It's Free (as in libre, not beer) Open Source Software. Write your own techno, convert it to an Ogg Vorbis file, write the decoder for the engine, then put it ingame yourself.

Also, Wip3out was better than Wipeout XL, and DJ Sasha produced a superior soundtrack. Fucker.

You fucking take that back you filthy, filthy hooker.

Moderator and Priest
    NO!

DO IT

DO IT YOU SON OF A BITCH

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast