TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4?

Level 10,000 achieved

Fallout 4?

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

This an URL, apparently bought by Bethesda. There is a timer ticking down to a date almost a month away. And if you look at the page's source you'll see that the stylesheet is called fallout.css.

WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN? :O

I want to start yelling 'Hoax!' .....

... just so I won't be terribly disappointed if it all turns out to be related to something entirely different.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Indeed. In a post-"DX: The Fall" world I wouldn't blame anyone for being wary of vague hints like these. I guess there's a chance Fallout: Survivor 2299 might similarly turn out to just be an iPad game or something.

But on the other hand I see no reason why Bethesda wouldn't be making another Fallout. Pretty sure FO3 sold by the bucketload.

There was some talk about a behind-closed-doors Fallout 4 press first look at the last E3. There's no doubt it's in the works. The only question is why aren't they working faster, damnit?!

I guess we'll see what this is about on December 11th, if it's about anything at all. But I am very anxious about any F4 announcement because I think I recall rumours that it would ship on both new consoles as well as the outgoing generation. I'd hope that, install base be damned, Bethesda would sack up and take full advantage of the new generation hardware for a game that won't come out before 2015, their products really need it. But knowing them I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped the Skyrim tech with a minor facelift.

2299 would set it immediately after New Vegas, so I don't think it's overly optimistic to assume this is FO4.

Southquarter.com/fms
    The audio sounds like morse code - anyone able to translate that?

Someone commented it simply said "December 11th", same as the countdown.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine

Southquarter.com/fms
    There's this too:

Bethesda trademarks Fallout 4 in Europe.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...ut-4-in-europe

Everyone get ready to fap.

I want to believe.

verbose douchebag
    Dethtoll - yes.

I wonder if it will be Bethesda or Obsidian?

Most likely the former, which probably means a return to the unrealistic settings and weak writing that are their hallmark.

There's 0 chance it's anybody but Bethesda, unless they have another studio helping them.

That makes me much less enthusiastic about it. Fallout 3 was fun, sure, but FO:NV was just so much better quality in almost every way.

I'm one of the ones first introduced to the series with Fallout 3 and I loved all of it. True there's Oblivion level goofiness though out, but still a great game. Now that I finally started playing New Vegas... WOW. This one is up there with Skyrim for me. They could do an even better Fallout 4 with or without Obsidian judging by how great Skyrim is.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Man, New Vegas is cool and all, but it just feels so empty and small compared to Fallout 3. The nature of its plot requires a lot of railroading too and undermines the game's supposed open-world nature.

I love the DLC to bits though.

The thing for me was that New Vegas felt like a more believable world. There were farmers, crops, cattle, towns where things seemed to be happening.
    In Fallout 3, there was no food and all the water was irradiated, people seemed to be living on 300-year-old packaged food raided from supermarkets.

Now, I haven't played Skyrim yet (yeah, I know, I'm slow), so maybe Bethesda have significantly upped their game in the world-building and storytelling departments since Oblivion and FO3. Let's hope.

I did play all the Fallout games in order, but I only played the first two games quite recently, so I don't really have nostalgia for them.

The way I'm talking makes it sound a bit like I hate Bethesda games - that's not true at all, I love them, but I do find their myriad flaws painful at times.

Fallout 3 is truly all about the Lone Wanderer. All events center on the protagonist which are well done, I think. There are issues similar to those in Oblivion that I could do without, but I enjoyed everything even the horse armor aka Mothership Zeta. NV, on the other hand, expands the magnitude of the game giving you avenues to commit to and then in turn take away others with much more complexity. This may seem typical of open world games, but I think the emotional investment I have with those choices makes it so rewarding. Instead of the goal being the loot at the end, it's the experience itself that make me want to play.

Everything Nameless Voice said about New Vegas is my thinking, too. Much less random fighting than in F3 and much more world to explore. When I first saw that world map, I thought it was dinky compared to the DC wasteland, but once I got going the size seemed realistic. The variety of perks, world interactions, factions, etc more than make up for the smaller scope of the world itself, imo.

The nature of its plot requires a lot of railroading too and undermines the game's supposed open-world nature.
    I've had the opposite feeling about the plot. Damn, they're a lot of quests and they intermingle nicely. Have to say, I won't be replaying any different than this. Killed Caesar and will any other play through. Boone's my hero. Great voice acting all round. Companion quest lines. So much to do and I haven't even done the DLC, yet.

Skyrim is still my favorite game. I think they learned a lot from doing the Fallout series. They carried over much of the improvements from F3 to NV so they can do the next installment justice.

FO 4

We'll all see when the countdown ends. It would be awesome if it's real.
    Last edited by Holographic705; 27th Nov 2013 at 11:11.

verbose douchebag
    They have the IP and FO3 has to be one of the most successful cross-platform titles of recent years, so I can't imagine that they wouldn't make a sequel.

FO 4

Now it's saying, KVNGR REV ALPHA PPS VT PIZ UHMYLPVOQ CM XHWMZP. NBJB SPI'F BYQS QT D'Y BYFGEOB FI VQDYL MAQ. -NGQHT 5120- Nuclear winter has come. Doe anyone know what that means??

Quote Originally Posted by Holographic705 View Post
    Now it's saying, KVNGR REV ALPHA PPS VT PIZ UHMYLPVOQ CM XHWMZP. NBJB SPI'F BYQS QT D'Y BYFGEOB FI VQDYL MAQ. -NGQHT 5120- Nuclear winter has come. Doe anyone know what that means??
    According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thesurvivor2299.com, it means:
    "The Institute is sealed. They won't help us; I'm heading to Black Row -TBNLS 5120-"

If this sites is correct, all signs point to Fallout 4.

Southquarter.com/fms
    So, what do you figure? If they announce the game in 10 days, it'll be out, what - next fall?

FO 4

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schoonmaker View Post
    According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thesurvivor2299.com, it means:
    "The Institute is sealed. They won't help us; I'm heading to Black Row -TBNLS 5120-"

If this sites is correct, all signs point to Fallout 4.
    Thank, Yeah, All of what it says and said in the past leads to a Fallout 4 (or 5, if New Vegas is considered 4). I hope it's readl.

No.