TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4?

These specs irk me a bit. I have a quad core setup that I put together within the last couple years and it's nowhere near capable of running F4. I play every game I have pretty much flawlessly including Skyrim (although with the mods, I notice chugging). It seems the only way to keep up with new and shinny is to buy top tier computer parts at inflated cost. I priced what I would need to meet the recommended specs and the total was around $900. Thankfully, most of the parts are local, but the motherboard and memory is cheaper on Amazon.
    I will likely upgrade, but not for that much.

A good idea to buy now in case they run out of digital copies

I got a Pip Boy edition coming.
    Just no machine to run it.

You're probably better off playing it a year or two after release anyway.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Keep in mind Skyrim came out 4 years ago - any new AAA game is not going compare or even be in the same neighborhood as far as specs go. Fallout 4s requirements aren't that different than any other major release/open world type game that came out this year, like Witcher 3 or MGS 5 or Dying Light.

As an option - you can always pick up a PS4 or Xbox 1 for around $350.

I knew I'd need to upgrade, but the jumps in system requirements for new games have gotten broader over the years. I could get away with going with mid range builds for so long that I got used to it. Seems that you need to buy high end just to keep up. Oh well, thankfully I found a good home for the old setup.

Chakat sex pillow
    If you've got a quad-core i5 from whatever generation, you'll be fine. Overclock it to 3.6 GHz or more if you've got the headroom, and you're golden.

System requirements won't seem so bad whenever the next round of GPU price slashing starts. I paid like $200 for my 7870 3 years ago, and the current $200 GPU's don't offer significant performance advantages (current card in the same price range is the r9 380). Whenever the cheap components cycle hits GPUs again, people will be able to run FO4 maxed at ridiculous framerates.
    Last edited by Jason Moyer; 15th Oct 2015 at 03:27.

Looking good...

Haven't even watched that trailer, but just the still is making me go https://youtu.be/06RWQ-OT69E

Crap. I'm all in now.
    BTW, my cpu isn't an 'i series', just a quad core.

Fuck live-action game trailers. Unless they're funny or something.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Or just plain good. Like the Metro: Last Light live action trailer.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    You're probably better off playing it a year or two after release anyway.
    This. For pretty much any game in terms of bug fixing, but especially for games which are best played with a selection of mods.

Geez, it's looking better and better every time isn't it? It will probably be one of the few Bethesda games that will look cutting edge visually at the time of release.

Are you basing it on that trailer that contains no footage of a videogame?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Less than a week till release! Who's excited? Gotta say my excitement level is pretty low, but then again I've avoided anything that might spoil the game for me, besides official trailers.

Did some snooping and it seems the review embargos lift on monday, only one day before release. But apparently reviewers got review copies 2 weeks before release, so we'll likely see some reviews as soon as it lifts. I wanna at least see a metascore before I buy this.

There's all this talk elsewhere of people taking time off or calling in sick, but I'm still solidly in the "wait a year or more" camp.

Now, Mankind Divided I'll probably jump on, warts and all, so maybe it's just a relative excitement thing. But I kind of regret playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong right out of the gate, as it still had a lot of annoying little glitches.

Launch trailer!...

Trailers. Trailers change, unfortunately. The decline happened pretty much as we had predicted. Too many marketing dollars, not enough brains or good taste to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones.

Nice bum. As I mentioned before, I'm not much of a fan of the overall feel of the game; the music, voice acting and colour scheme just seem incongruent with the Fallout universe. I just hope this is more a fault of marketing rather than reality but we will know soon enough I guess.

$20 says The Institute is related to the Enclave somehow, because Bethesda.

Also, jesus fuck, how many places have FEV strains.

I will pay $20 extra if we get to go around administering Voight-Kampff tests to every human, supermutant, ghoul, and dog we come across in Boston.

"A turtle crosses the road. You flip the turtle over. Why did you flip the turtle over?"
    *woof!*

Level 10,000 achieved
    Reviews are starting to show up!

RPS WIT

Polygon review

XBone reviews on metacritic, 90% avg.

I'll be pretty busy with stuff this week but I think I'll probably be picking up a PS4 version sometime towards next weekend.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Preloaded and ready to go for tonight.

Here's a few more reviews:

Destructoid

Time

PC World

IGN
    Last edited by Brethren; 9th Nov 2015 at 11:40.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast