TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Preloaded and ready to go for tonight.
    Me too...

Looks like you can easily wait a month or two, there are tons of bugs and glitches https://youtu.be/IBYmKuCHyWg

Heard there's even some trouble with uncapping the framerate on PC. Like it interfering with lockpicking or activating stuff like computer terminals or the power armour. I should have a copy coming in tomorrow, but I don't know whether I'll dive straight in or bide my time and tie up some loose ends in The Witcher 3 until a couple of patches roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Preloaded and ready to go for tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Me too...
    Same here!
    Also, here's the full playlist of the Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Video series

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Looks like you can easily wait a month or two, there are tons of bugs and glitches https://youtu.be/IBYmKuCHyWg
    Bugs and glitches in a Fallout title, I'm shocked...

Half an hour to go. Fap fap fap.

I'm laughing through the entire intro. This probably isn't supposed to be funny.

Fallout 4, featuring cameos by both of my Commander Shephards:

verbose douchebag

Wasteland survival guide

Keep your catheters clean, remember to eat and change position regularly to avoid pressure sores.
    Tell a loved one that you're playing and set alarms for the above personal maintenance.
    Avoid mirrors until after you've showered / shaved / groomed after completing the game.

Be safe people.

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    Bugs and glitches in a Fallout title, I'm shocked...
    There's nothing to be proud of, i.e. buying a game in such state (or being an early adopter of any new thing, really). It only encourages devs to that over and over again.

So I just got my copy delivered, I opened the box and... Well, then I went to read out the fresh Amazon reviews for the PC version. Why don't I just stick a choice quote over here for you guys.

I bought the disk version as my internet is terrible. Bethesda announced a few months ago that even with the disk version, you would also have to download part of the game from Steam. However, what they did not say, is how much. Common sense dictates that most of the game would be on the disk, with a little left over to download online, but this is not the case. The disk contains 5GB out of 24GB - about 1/5th of the overall game size, on one DVD. It is going to take me another 5 days to actually play the game. [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    There's nothing to be proud of, i.e. buying a game in such state (or being an early adopter of any new thing, really). It only encourages devs to that over and over again.
    Generally, yes. That's true, but it's the same with most things trending and we're (mostly) all still going.
    I myself tend to err on the side of caution in such cases. This time is different. Bethesda has been consistent with it's titles and disclosure isn't a dirty word for them it would seem. Just look at the launch trailer and see the woman who narrates early on doesn't actually lip sync her own words well.

It took me six months to buy Skyrim in hope of bug squashing and price reduction. Fallout 4 was the only time I ever preordered a game and I look forward to playing it bugs and all.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I guess I just don't get why they would only put 5 GB of data on a store bought version - to save on blank disks? I know some of the data has changed or needs to be updated before release, but that much? Seems really dumb, especially when they should know that the only reason people buy hard copies anymore is so they don't have to download.

Played for about an hour last night, no glitches or bugs that I saw so far. The setup tried to stick me with "Medium" graphics, but I upped it to whatever the next higher setting is, and it's running super smooth. Looking forward to just ignoring the plot tonight and heading out to explore the game world for a bunch of hours.

Not really seeing the upside, either. And I don't mind having to wait longer, but I'd have expected it to be made clear beforehand.

I mean, in this instance, bags are a socially-accepted way of distributing cats, except when I got home with this one I discovered that it's only got the arse-end of the cat and a coupon for getting the rest of it delivered over the post.

Wasn't there a game released recently where literally the only thing on the disc was a link to the Steam installer? Crazy.

Having just done the intro and explored the first settlement (basically the stuff that was shown in the E3 preview), I have a few general impressions:

- the control scheme is your basic "strong enough for a keyboard, made for a gamepad" nonsense
    - the pipboy interface is, as far as I can tell, basically the same as FO3/FNV
    - on a near-minimum spec PC (i5 3750, HD 7870 2GB, 8GB RAM) I'm pegging 60FPS vsync'd inside and outside on Medium, which I wasn't expecting
    - the new crafting system is fucking nuts; weapons and armor have components which can be swapped out for crafted mods, junk items (for crafting) can be stored in the workbenches themselves and accessed from any workbench, and nearly every prop in the world, at least in this first settlement (I suspect this is limited to settlements with workbenches), is either a craftable item (which can be placed/stored anywhere) or something that can be converted into crafting resources
    - for the most part it really doesn't feel any different than Oblivion/FO3/FNV/Skyrim as far as interacting with the world goes, although they've added a nice feature where you don't have to bring up a container menu to see/access things that are in a container, just looking at a container gives you a mouse-wheel selectable list of items
    - I'm not a fan of the new conversation system, and I don't really see what it adds to the game
    - some people probably won't mind the stripped down attribute/perk system, but I find myself immediately missing the old character building from earlier SPECIAL games - as far as I can tell there are only a handful of derived stats effected by SPECIAL and generally you're going to build your SPECIAL attributes based almost entirely on which perks you want to get

Fallout 4 has just turned red.

Is it really just Fallout 3.5?

it's obviously fallout 4.9

Ok, who's the artiste who put the conversation controls on the arrow keys? Just a thought, if your intention is to make for a more dynamic dialogue that gets carried in the regular game mode, so that you can walk away or "shoot them in the face" or whatever, maybe you don't bind the controls smack in the middle between WASD and the mouse. Maybe you put them in the vicinity of where your hands usually are in said regular game mode. Like, oh, I don't know... on the function keys? You know, right above the number keys, relatively within instinctive reach... used to act as PipBoy shortcuts in Fallout 3... ring a bell? No?

So I've read that in shelter-building mode you can hold down Shift and use WASD as a replacement for the cursor keys but I haven't had a chance to try it in dialogue, anyone? I'd still rather have the option to bind them to whatever I like, but a modifier mode would do.

Hey, it's 2015, and you still get this jerky camera movement a la TDS while using both directional sticks! Isn't that just great!

Mixed on this so far. I'm liking the mechanical changes - FO3 and NV did have an issue where your hit max in a combat skill and become a death god, which this might avoid.

The interface is pretty bad if you're not using a gamepad. The conversation wheel controls are aggravating, like Ostriig said. And it's actually annoying that it doesn't pop into a conversation wheel right away if there's a conversation to be had with an NPC. Makes it slow to determine whether it's an NPC you can talk to or not, slows things down needlessly.

Mod system is interesting, though I'm not sure I understand how it works. Is there a way to break junk down into parts that you use, or does it just do it automatically?

There are some new controls to get used to, everything is in the pip boy... everything... but I'm getting used to it and so far so good!

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatose View Post
    The interface is pretty bad if you're not using a gamepad. The conversation wheel controls are aggravating, like Ostriig said. And it's actually annoying that it doesn't pop into a conversation wheel right away if there's a conversation to be had with an NPC. Makes it slow to determine whether it's an NPC you can talk to or not, slows things down needlessly.
    This sounds like a job for the modding community. I think I'll get this the next time I see it on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatose View Post
    Mod system is interesting, though I'm not sure I understand how it works. Is there a way to break junk down into parts that you use, or does it just do it automatically?
    Junk is automatically broken down, whereas weapons and armour I think you have to manually scrap at their respective workstations first. Not sure whether you have to transfer all materials into the workshop, though or if the crafting interface will source directly from your inventory too.

It uses what's in your inventory + what's in the workbench.

The settlement stuff would be a ton better if the workbench inventory applied to all of your settlements instead of being just local. It's a pain in the ass constantly running back to Sanctuary to figure out which junk to grab so I can build shit in another area that needs something.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast