TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Resonance - NewDark (12/17/2013)

T2 FM: Resonance - NewDark (12/17/2013)

Hello everyone,

I am excited to present to you my most recent FM "Resonance" for Thief 2 (NewDark 1.19+)!

You can grab the mission here - 69mb.

Description:

Basso has been missing for days. In your efforts to locate him, you have narrowed down his location to a mansion in South Quarter. Naturally, it’s held in force by a radical group of the City Watch known as “The Veil.” As always, this risk comes with a welcome reward: A bounty has been placed on the leader of the Veil, “Dead or Alive.” In addition, any identification of individuals in The Veil will yield a bonus. It’s time to save Basso before it’s too late!

Beta Testing:

I owe a great deal to my amazing testing team, nickie and Tannar, who provided fantastic and thorough feedback.

A big thank you to Dussander for Shalebridgecradle which provides a great location for testing FMs!

Enjoy!

ADrive
    ttlg.de
    Tafferparadise
    Last edited by HipBreaker; 27th Dec 2013 at 20:32. Reason: Added new download link.

Thanks so much! I'll be playing it as soon as I get home

Clearinghouse
    Thank you! Downloading!

Congratulations on the release, Jeremy!

will be playing it in 3 min thank you so much will post updates either when i finish or get stuck :P

fun mission but way to easy,i played on ghost
    Last edited by downwinder; 17th Dec 2013 at 23:30.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Although I hate hearing my own voice in game, I must play this one since it's a Hipbreaker mission. Congrats on the release, Jeremy!

Great rooftop action!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Although I hate hearing my own voice in game, I must play this one since it's a Hipbreaker mission. Congrats on the release, Jeremy!
    I can tell you with certainty, Russ, that you have nothing to be embarrassed about here. You do a perfect Basso!

It's not that I'm embarassed, really, it's just very surreal and disconcerting.

I can understand that. I've never much liked listening to my recorded voice either.

Southquarter.com/fms
    This is great, congrats on the release. So, this is a completely separate thing from Breaking The Stone, I'm guessing?

As I understand it, yes, and it was also a speed-build challenge made in a few weeks' time. From what I've seen already, that makes it all the more impressive.

This is great! I can not wait to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I can tell you with certainty, Russ, that you have nothing to be embarrassed about here. You do a perfect Basso!
    Yes, you do Russ, and my compliments to Mrs Russ who I understand was instrumental in creating the necessary environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    As I understand it, yes, and it was also a speed-build challenge made in a few weeks' time. From what I've seen already, that makes it all the more impressive.
    As you say, it's completely separate from Breaking the Stone and 18 days is on the Readme for the build time.

Any mirrors anyone? I'm having a go at uploading to Nexusmods. It's a bit complicated and I've probably put all the wrong things but I'll post it up if it works.

Edit. It did upload but as predicted, I've messed up the file version so I've removed it for now till I figure it out. I've uploaded to Adrive instead.

Congrats on the release! I'll give it a go later on

bikerdude
    Thanks for releasing this HB!

bikerdude
    Posted this over on the TDM forum -

- http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...32#entry328832

Hipbreaker's mostly away for a week or something on vacation, so thank you on his behalf, biker.

Clearinghouse
    Mirror ttlg.de

Thanks, clearing!

This was great, man! It's been a while since I sat down to play an FM- this was exactly what I needed to get back into the swing of things. Just straightforward, well-done thieving (and I really hope there's a sequel, because the plot seemed to be leading towards something pretty awesome).

Also, DAT WATER. Damn dude, it looked so freaking good!

Finished
    So this is a taste of how "Breaking The Stone" will be like? If that's the case then i more excited for it than ever.
    Need to replay this on Ghost now

Actually, Breaking the Stone is very different. It still has HipBreaker's signature style, but it's a much larger mission with much more going on.

Thanks so much! I won't say which FM campaign I bailed out of re-playing...only that it was very claustrophobic, dreary, and depressing.

I was going to ask a question about the AI, as I am laying in wait for a patrolling archer in the beginning that has yet to come back around, but why spoil it for myself?

Most enjoyable. Finished without finding the 3rd dragon piece. Assume it is up in the attic in the vault but saw no scroll with the combination. Gorgeous graphics with super water effects. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast