TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T3 mission from 2012: Abandoned Kingdom

T3 mission from 2012: Abandoned Kingdom

I can't find a thread for this mission, although it looks quite promising.

Despite its title being in English, a lot of it is in Polish, including some of the objectives. Does anyone know if there is an English language version? Or what the Polish objectives are on Normal in English? Thanks.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 13th Jan 2014 at 08:37.

It's listed in the Missions by Type thread which you can find in the Links sticky.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...ight=Abandoned

I've tried to list all T3 missions so if there's anything else you're looking for, you might try that thread.

Thanks for that, I searched on "Abandoned Kingdom" and found nothing.

Not sure if this mission was ever released officially.
    Indeed the entire mission is in polish only.
    The author decided he would remake it in TDM and add an english translation for that only.
    However, I have not even heard about the progress of that conversion.
    Very unfortunate... I was enjoying that mission a lot, although it was pretty hard without being able to read the texts.
    (Actually I was required to use an online translator - and it took me ages...)

As for the objectives: iirc they are pretty much in flux as you make progress - or are not very 'precise'.
    And due the ususual gameplay and inability to read polish texts in the readables in the mission,
    having the objectives translated would not help all that much either, I am afraid.
    Having said that, I dare to add that one should be able to complete this mission by checking the spoilers below - if required.

Ok, a few key-points on this mission from my memory that should help you.

Sorry for completly spoilering it, but since the gameplay is quite unusual, you would not have a fair chance to guess what to do otherwise.
    However, try to unspoiler the text below one by one - and see how you are getting along.

a) there is a room with a guard somewhere high up along with a readable containing the word
    SYMETRIA
    Once you read it you get a new objective

b) Now head to the library and read all books - no matter whether you had been there before or not

c) there are 4 or five items in this mission that you need to find in the mission

- ring, toy rat, bush, empty sheet of paper, .... and maybe 1 other item (iirc, there was also a key ?)

Make sure to explore the map most carefully since these items are not located in typical locations.

d) these items need to be used on letters that you find in the mission

e) There is some dark greenish room in the sewers
    with a secret passge blocked by a couple of large bricks.

The more item/letter-combos you solved, the more bricks will be removed.

f) A final item must be obtained in the area with the throne
    Last edited by gnartsch; 14th Jan 2014 at 18:20.

Gnartsch, is there a chance that you do remember how to accomplish the goal that is connected to this file AbandonedObjectives_004000? I think this is the last goal to open the passage down in the sewers, because its nearly completely open and all other goals are complete.

Would be great if you can remember what to do...Thank You!

It's a long time since I played it. And for sure I do not recall all the details.
    If you read my previous spoiler (see c, d & e) then you should know how to open the passage.
    Now, which part of that are you missing ?

Edit: Oh boy! I played it it in spring 2012 !
    Incredible how the time passes by.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 24th Jan 2014 at 13:57.

Honestly I donīt know - I think I am between e) and f) - I donīt even remember if I have all the items, but I have several notes in my translated objectives that tell about rats, maps, seeds etc. so I think that I have got them all. As I recall all objectives from the FM-file are listed and completed except that one I wrote about (it appeared after reading a scroll in the library) and a final one probably appearing at last in the throne room.

Hope this gets your gears running again

So, you got a couple of items ... now which of them are still in your inventory - and which havn't you found yet ?
    Did you USE any of them already as I described above?
    It is freakin' hard to tell how I could help if you can not tell what you are missing.
    I mentioned the items above.

Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    So, you got a couple of items ... now which of them are still in your inventory - and which havn't you found yet ?
    Did you USE any of them already as I described above?
    It is freakin' hard to tell how I could help if you can not tell what you are missing.
    I mentioned the items above.
    Yes I think that I used all of them if that is possible -I cantīsee if any item is still in my inventory as all is in Polish (there is one entry in it, but I donīt know if this is a relevant item or maybe the key)

The item should be in your inventory where you have other stuff like healing potions, grenades and such and are pretty easy to be identified.
    You must have missed something : there are 5 items & letters and 5 pairs of bricks.

The location of the items:
    rat : on a balcony high up in the start area
    ring : in the sewers, (below, in or on top of a pipe)
    bush/plant : i n the sewers (iirc, not far away from a closed gate that allows you to view outside)
    blank sheet of paper : in some chimney. crawl in and climb up. iirc in a house inhabited by a man and/or a woman
    key : not sure about that one. I think it was somewhere in the area with abandoned houses and ruins

Can't help with the location of the corresponding 5 letters, though, because I do not recall anything about them.

Once you have combined them (iirc, 3 or 4 of them should be sufficient), then you should be able to pass through.
    Duck and crawl through the passgage if you have to.

Thank you again - I was indeed missing the rat - now I have won the mission. I even found 99% loot (only 50 gold are missing wherever those are)