TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kingdom Come - Deliverance

Looking spiffy, I backed this way back when so I'm looking forward to it. The game's supposed to have gone into feature-lock recently, so all the time left till February's on polish. I'm considering it might be time to put a new rig together next year, though I doubt it'll be in time for this, so will see... My trusty ol' tower chomped through The Witcher 3, but with DX4 max settings are no longer an option.

One thing I don't like about KC:D is what Vavra announced about the save system, saving too often will start imposing penalty stats contextualised in the form of... drinking palinka. Creative as it is, I'm not fond of devs trying to hammer the save mechanic into a game's narrative flow, and I downright hate it when they try to restrict its use. The "seamless checkpoints" in Bioshock Infinite did nothing but torpedo the plot tension, and Fallout 4's compulsive sleeping was obtuse frustration tacked onto the more interesting aspects of Survival Mode. I don't care about "cheevos", let me save scum if I choose to and just give the hardcore crowd a toggle.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

This is looking really impressive.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

A good mix of actual gameplay and cutscenes. Here's a well balanced trailer.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Mack thinks that the game is misunderstood by many reviewers. He says that it delivers a very rewarding RPG experience with compelling story and characters.

I'm getting stuck into it, and the writing is great for a game. The characters feel believable and you can tell that the voice actors felt like they had something to work with, which turns out to be vital because holy fuck - if you thought Metal Gear Solid 5 had a long winded introduction.

I haven't had any egregious bugs yet, but it wouldn't hurt to wait until the devs patch in saving on exit before giving it a shot.

Thing What Kicks
    Neb, what language have you set your audio to?
    I just ask, 'cos the English language voice acting is pretty cringe-worthy so far for me.
    And I'm struggling to like it, as it keeps getting in the way. I've just got to the stage where I'm trying to get out of the second castle (guessing I'm still in the intro), and it keeps putting barriers in the way of fun.

English, but it sounds fine to me. I'm spending less time than other games pretending characters are acting as they should to get engrossed.

This game has some interesting bugs.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Neb, what language have you set your audio to?
    I just ask, 'cos the English language voice acting is pretty cringe-worthy so far for me.
    And I'm struggling to like it, as it keeps getting in the way. I've just got to the stage where I'm trying to get out of the second castle (guessing I'm still in the intro), and it keeps putting barriers in the way of fun.
    I dunno about that, it sounds like a mix of accents that ranges from decent to phoned in, but there's nothing to cringe at so far? The main bloke's overly earnest but it's almost endearing.

As for the actual game, it's pretty much an RPG by way of ArmA in some ways, so I don't think fun or streamlining was the order of the day here. Stuff like the convo checks and save system definitely seem to be implying you deal with stuff however you feel like, but then let the chips fall where they may.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 15th Feb 2018 at 14:11.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234