Thread: 10 Rooms Contest Entry - Lost in the Far Edges - 25 Feb 2014

10 Rooms Contest Entry - Lost in the Far Edges - 25 Feb 2014

Lost in the Far Edges

Here's the download link, version 1.2:
    Lost in the Far Edges, version 1.2

enjoy!
    Last edited by nickie; 12th Mar 2014 at 17:01. Reason: Updated version

OH ... MY ... GOD!!!

i need help please,i found 2 secrets so far and i have been to everywhere outside possible i seen,never found way to open safe

I'm stuck as well. Managed to get to where the crystal is kept and found 2 keys: a gold and silver one. The gold one opened the door to the crystal and i assumed the silver one opened the safe but it didn't. Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie_Pagan View Post
    i need help please,i found 2 secrets so far and i have been to everywhere outside possible i seen,never found way to open safe
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    I'm stuck as well. Managed to get to where the crystal is kept and found 2 keys: a gold and silver one. The gold one opened the door to the crystal and i assumed the silver one opened the safe but it didn't. Any hints?
    According to the diary: 'Luckily Carnelius lives in the neighbourhood so I can visit him immediately'.

Сheap advice:
    There are two buildings on the left and the right of the starting building. You need checked it. .

Good advice (read only after a cheap advice):
    The right of the starting building. Look around the crossbar with linen.

Whenever I try to go round the back of the building opposite the window, the games hangs my PC and I need to hard reboot.

There are quite a few truncated texts.
    Since the mission isn't exactly easy, I guess a quick fix would be nice for everyone.

Here you go : corrected textfiles
    It's just the texts.

Oh boy, this appears to be a fairly difficult roof top mission

I feel like an idiot; not only can I not open the safe, I can't get out of the first room to look for a key - in face, I trapped myself between the desk and the statue while trying to get the coin on the floor!

also the text is all rainbow-y and hard to read

i got a bit further ,but suck again made it to the crystal and 3 keys,and to the grate and did enough of the switch puzzle to open hatch to outside,but there is 2 places i still can open one has looks like 3 crystal loot and 2 gas mines and a switch behind a grate i cant figure out how to open,also i took all 3 keys i got from crystal place,2 from pedestal and one from guard who gets shot as you approach him,but none of those opens safe,also i cant access elevator nor get to other side to try key on that lock ,what am i missing?

i got a bit further ,but suck again made it to the crystal and 3 keys,and to the grate and did enough of the switch puzzle to open hatch to outside,but there is 2 places i still can open one has looks like 3 crystal loot and 2 gas mines and a switch behind a grate i cant figure out how to open,also i took all 3 keys i got from crystal place,2 from pedestal and one from guard who gets shot as you approach him,but none of those opens safe,also i cant access elevator nor get to other side to try key on that lock ,what am i missing?
    Probably you need to search the building with tall blue windows.

Keys and levers - not the only thing that allows you to walk to the other side. Look closely at all grates in the corridor with elevator.

This corridor without doors, because one of the servants - a monkey. So she can not use the keys and prefers to climb.

Need some help here, please.
    I've been all round the walkways, onto a roof via a folding ladder. Found a window that's boarded, but I'm not grounded enough to be able to use my sword on it
    Where should I go?

Found it at last !

Go across to the walkway opposite the window you emerge from at the start. Turn right and rope back across when you reach the wall ladder. The last tall blue window over the washing line opens.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 27th Feb 2014 at 11:19.

ty soul tear,you helped me a bit further,but once again i am stuck i got into area with how to get crystal and i got guild key which opened the safe and took the anti crystal,but i still cant figure out how to do the other stuff i was stuck on in the first place,i love this mission so much i have to finish it,also i even hung out with the 2 people in north east corner of map on roof,

the surrealism is amazing in this fan mission i hope to be able to finish it
    Last edited by downwinder; 27th Feb 2014 at 09:17.

I guess that you have to use...the vine arrows on the undersides of the walkways..but where do you actually need to go, I keep on kissing the concrete.
    Nope...I am unable to do anything except...shoot vine arrows into the underside of the walkways, swing around like Tarzan and fall off... Heeeeellllp.
    Last edited by Ravenhook; 27th Feb 2014 at 09:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    I guess that you have to use...the vine arrows on the undersides of the walkways..but where do you actually need to go, I keep on kissing the concrete.
    Nope...I am unable to do anything except...shoot vine arrows into the underside of the walkways, swing around like Tarzan and fall off... Heeeeellllp.
    Ravenhook, you can sink vines into the edges of the walkways and mantle up over the handrails.
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 27th Feb 2014 at 11:21.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Need some help here, please.
    I've been all round the walkways, onto a roof via a folding ladder. Found a window that's boarded, but I'm not grounded enough to be able to use my sword on it
    Where should I go?
    Try to find a crate or something heavy.

ty soul tear,you helped me a bit further,but once again i am stuck i got into area with how to get crystal and i got guild key which opened the safe and took the anti crystal,but i still cant figure out how to do the other stuff i was stuck on in the first place,i love this mission so much i have to finish it,also i even hung out with the 2 people in north east corner of map on roof,

the surrealism is amazing in this fan mission i hope to be able to finish it
    Antimagic crystal need to use in the room opposite the room with an elevator.

If you imagine yourself as a monkey - you will understand how to get there.

I managed to get around the back of the building across and to the right of the starting building by...walking along the railing but as soon as I turn the corner I get a game freeze...My computer is quad cored, 3.2ghz processor, 8gb ram windows 7 professional and radeon x-series graphics with 1gb ram...I don't think it is under powered but that is as far as I can get I'm afraid.

I'm not sure that understood correctly you. Can you climb on a railing? If you can not - you need enable new_mantle in cam_ext.cfg.

I managed to get around the back of the building across and to the right of the starting building by...walking along the railing but as soon as I turn the corner I get a game freeze...My computer is quad cored, 3.2ghz processor, 8gb ram windows 7 professional and radeon x-series graphics with 1gb ram...I don't think it is under powered but that is as far as I can get I'm afraid.
    I have no idea what it means, but already the fourth man got this trouble.

I'm also stuck! Where to go next please. I'm now in the building you access via ladder that drops down to roof. I vine arrowed down from that broken roof bit that juts out and jumped/broke through glass window into a room with haunts and monkey on a walkway. Frobbed floor vent that dropped down into a vent system - pulled levers. Still have 1 lever (near start) and stash to access. Where to next? The metal (cage-like) door in the room with the haunts/below monkey won't open with what keys/picks I have, and can see no other way on. Thanks!

I'm not sure that understood correctly you. Can you climb on a railing? If you can not - you need enable new_mantle in cam_ext.cfg.
    New mantling is enabled...and I can climb up on the railings but the game freezes as I turn the corner of the building, I tried it with the old T2 trick of turning off all but one of the processors cores but it still freezes up..never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    I'm also stuck! Where to go next please. I'm now in the building you access via ladder that drops down to roof. I vine arrowed down from that broken roof bit that juts out and jumped/broke through glass window into a room with haunts and monkey on a walkway. Frobbed floor vent that dropped down into a vent system - pulled levers. Still have 1 lever (near start) and stash to access. Where to next? The metal (cage-like) door in the room with the haunts/below monkey won't open with what keys/picks I have, and can see no other way on. Thanks!
    That's exactly my problem as well.

Where to next? The metal (cage-like) door in the room with the haunts/below monkey won't open with what keys/picks I have, and can see no other way on. Thanks!
    Look closely at the cage-like doors. They differ from each other. At least one of them exactly...

Thanks Soul Tear - I can see the difference (as in it frobs and size/shape if that's what you meant ), but can't open it with any tools/keys (gold, silver dead haunt key) I have. I can see one lever behind a grate in the vents - the first one you see when you go into the vents - does this open anything, or is it just for decoration?! Thanks!

(I've locked the haunts in the first room with the key found on dead haunt...!)

Thanks Soul Tear - I can see the difference (as in it frobs and size/shape if that's what you meant ), but can't open it with any tools/keys (gold, silver dead haunt key) I have. I can see one lever behind a grate in the vents - the first one you see when you go into the vents - does this open anything, or is it just for decoration?! Thanks!

One of the cage-like grates without one vertical bar. Climb on this grate. Good luck .

(I've locked the haunts in the first room with the key found on dead haunt...!)

Oh my! I would never have spotted that one Soul Tear - thank you! I have made it and can now continue taffing about in the room next door! Yay!

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast