TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 Rooms Contest Entry: Hammered

10 Rooms Contest Entry: Hammered

Very nice mission so far
    Unfortunately the mission becomes almost unplayable the higher you ascend in the tower due to heavy frame rate drops and lag.
    Loading a savegame has become impossible.

Any suggestions ?

I haven't finished but didn't have any problems going up and down the tower. I'm playing the English version on expert and agree it's a very nicely made FM.

I could use a hint on finding the Golden Hammer of the Heavens.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahenjo View Post
    I haven't finished but didn't have any problems going up and down the tower. I'm playing the English version on expert and agree it's a very nicely made FM.

I could use a hint on finding the Golden Hammer of the Heavens.
    Go up to the bell tower and you will see the Spiring Hammer Pole. The high wire is linked between the Hammer Icon and that pole. Just climb up on the hammer, and frob the staff when it comes up from inventory.

Thanks, that did the trick!

I am playing on easy. I am looking for a sprocket that a thief stole. Where is he?

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I am playing on easy. I am looking for a sprocket that a thief stole. Where is he?
    Check your note from Basso in your starting inventory.

very nice mission!
    what is the purpose of the wire from the large hammer at the top of the tower to the pole?

also, how do so many people get up to the chapel in that tiny elevator?
    also also, the priest seems to have some issues with his clothing being made out of skin

Playing with XP on a 3500 older x64 AMD box. Decent 2GB nvidia video. 2 Gb of RAM for XP. Frame rate looks like about 10 to 20 a second at the very start. My McAfee went haywire while trying to unzip this (the right way through the fan mission selector). It took over 15 minutes to load up... I will try again tomorrow and hope the anti virus and whatnot will not get in the way. Yes, I am up to date with NewDark patches, etc.

I predict that there will be some people with older boxes that will not be able to play this, or at least it will be very slow. You may have to have at least 4 GB of RAM, Win 7, and at least an i3 or better. Just a guess.

A comment... If you are an author/developer and want to make an FM, a lot of your audience has older equipment. If your game was developed on an i7 with 8 GB of mem and a super $500 vid card, then cool! Just let us know that is what is needed to play your FM. We can then choose to try it, or skip it, knowing our 7 year old equipment with a few updates here and there, cannot cut it in the least. All am am saying is. go for it, but knwo that someof your audience will not be able to play. Someof us no longer play with Microsoft and have not downgraded to Win8.

I really want to try this one and hope I can get my system to work with it. I wish I had a system that could deal with the needs of this FM. These new FMsthat exploit the new features of New Dark morefully really put older systems to shame. This comment is meant to be a complement to the author.

Last thing, even though I selected English, the intro was in German. Maybe my download was bad...

Also have problems.When I try to load Hammered via Darkloader,I get hammered.No cleanup, no load,just throws an error that Thief has encountered an error and will be shut down.As long as Hammered is in my FM folder, all of my other FM's throw the same error.

My issue with this FM is an intermittent crash to desktop when saving a game (leaving behind a null save game when it happens). I've completed quite a few objectives but when I try to save after giving the pagans food and water the crash seems to occur every time I try to save, not just now and again. Giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by TOS CreepingDeath View Post
    Also have problems.When I try to load Hammered via Darkloader,I get hammered.No cleanup, no load,just throws an error that Thief has encountered an error and will be shut down.As long as Hammered is in my FM folder, all of my other FM's throw the same error.
    I really don't understand how having any fm in your fm folder would interfere with any of your other fms. Sound like you might have a trojan in your system attacking zips.

NewDark is better using fm-selector. Fm-selector will create it's own folder to eliminate interference, and eliminates the big fm mess cleanup necessary when Darkloader crashes.

My suggestion is to install fm-selector, and upgrade your system to NewDarkV.1.21 if you haven't already. Nullify any ep programs you are using, as most everything in the mission is custom, and there is no need for ep.

Using FMSel and the FM loads fine for me. Problem is then same as some others - horrendous lag/frame rate. I also had a corrupt hard save and quicksave at one point - kept crashing to desktop on loading, but an earlier save was OK. Shame about the lag, as really enjoying the mission so far, but has now become unplayable. Any ideas as I'd love to finish this one!?

(Running with 6Gb RAM, Windows 7, i7 core and a Nvidia GeForce card.)

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    I really don't understand how having any fm in your fm folder would interfere with any of your other fms. Sound like you might have a trojan in your system attacking zips.

NewDark is better using fm-selector. Fm-selector will create it's own folder to eliminate interference, and eliminates the big fm mess cleanup necessary when Darkloader crashes.

My suggestion is to install fm-selector, and upgrade your system to NewDarkV.1.21 if you haven't already. Nullify any ep programs you are using, as most everything in the mission is custom, and there is no need for ep.
    After I removed it from the FM folder and restarted darkloader,all is fine.Played a bit of "the favour",quit,and put Hammered back in.Same problem,but this time all the other FM's will load,just not Hammered.It still crashes TMA installation as it trys to load.

I used Darkloader to play it with no problems at all so I doubt it's Darkloader. Have you tried uninstalling it, deleting the file and downloading a fresh copy? Maybe part of the file got corrupted or something? Also, as the others said, you could try just using fm-selector for this one. If you don't know how, check here .

So,have downloaded both the english and german versions..no go.Both will load but crash TDP immediately to desktop.

Also have the same problem with FMSel..
    I give up.Have wasted enough time today.Gonna play "Lost in the Far Edges"...it works.
    Last edited by ravoll; 27th Feb 2014 at 12:57.

So,have downloaded both the english and german versions..no go.Both will load but crash TDP immediately to desktop.

I give up.Have wasted enough time today.Gonna play "Lost in the Far Edges"...it works.
    Seems funny to me that you can load "Lost in the Far Edges" with it's system requirements" 10 times higher than "Hammered"! 9 beta testers didn't have any problems with it, and it was built using an old 2004 xp machine with an antique video card,and around 2.0 ghz processor.

Been trying a few of the contest entries - really liked this one. I have an old Vista 32 bit pc, 2Gb memory, and although the frame rate fell in some places it was still fully playable and finished with no crashes for me - played through Darkloader 4.3 . (Thought I recognised the author . Having much worse time with crashes in Lost on the Far Edges though

First, welcome to the forum, TOS CreepingDeath.

Second, I assume the TDP reference in your post above was a mistake since this is not a TDP mission. Right? Also, have you actually tried this with FM Sel, or only with Darkloader?

I can`t find last special loot item.Where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    I can`t find last special loot item.Where are they?
    Check you pm.

Excellent mission, yet I loot 3777, I have 6 specialty items are unable to find the seven subjects. Can anyone help? Thanks
    For players with problems regarding the game. I play on a laptop with Win 8 and everything works
    Last edited by jardakrupka; 28th Feb 2014 at 04:58. Reason: Added spoiler cover

I sent you a PM.

This mission is freakin amazing!!!! Thanks to the builder (who ever that is)

I had no issues what so ever with lags or crashes I am playing with FM selector.

Thanks again had a lot of fun with this one.

Best so far IMHO.
    Just got a few more special items to find.
    Those hammers at the top of the tower were useful. Enjoyed hurling them at the guards patrolling the walls - never counts as a 'kill' in T2.

NVScript V.1.23-NVScript V.1.2.4 needed

NVScript V.1.2.4 needed to play this mission.It should have been mentioned in the release thread, as not everyone will be able to read the readme in fm-selector.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast