TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Side quest Octopussy?

Side quest Octopussy?

Has anyone done that one? I am having problems trying to enter the cellar without the guard seeing me. Any suggestions on how to go about this

Just played this last night. I thought it was one of the tougher side missions so far, mainly because of the guard placements. The only way I could get into the cellar was to douse the two torches in the adjacent area outside, by the stairs. I suppose you could try distracting the guard with a bottle too, but I didn't attempt that.

You'll have a whole new set of challenges once you make it into the cellar though, if you're trying to ghost.

That is my problem. I could get on the steps outside the cellar easily but opening the safe inside is a pita. How did you do it?

I always try to not knock anyone out, but I couldn't see any way to enter the vault combo and open it without doing so. So it was sleepy time for him.

Thanks Brethren, guess I have to put him to sleep too, goodbye ghosting

Not sure if distracting with a bottle ruins your ghost, but that might work too Problem is you need to get two clicks on the picture frame, and then three numbers for the vault combo, so it still might not be enough time.

If only I could jump up on those crates in the corner, but nooo the thief can't jump