TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonored 2

Still Subjective
    I don't know if I've become set in my ways but I really enjoyed Dishonored and the DLC and I'd love to revisit the world with a whole new story. I'm like you dema - I thought they pulled of the setting perfectly. I liked the art style too but most of all it was the movement. I'm playing Thief at the moment and this has just reminded me of how stunted the movement in Thief is. Dishonored had the best mantling ever.

In all honesty I'd just like anything new from Arkane, because the 3 (christ, they've only done 3 games?) games they've released have been completely and utterly phenomenal.

Thing What Kicks
    Yeah, a bit like Troika in that respect Jason, except less bugs.

I was also thinking about the problems of choosing a name for a potential franchise, and I think Dishonored was a poor choice.
    The reason being, it dictates the story of games in the series. There must always be some element of the franchise name in the games, otherwise people will get confused. That can lead to a lack of diversity in future franchise games. And that's a great shame when their world-building has been so good so far.
    Perhaps they should have named it something like "Fables of Dunwall: Dishonored". A mouthful, but less confusing for the public in the long run. It works for Bethesda and The Elder Scrolls.

Still Subjective
    Wikipedia says they've done more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    As in contributed to, yes.

Thing What Kicks
    You know the other weird thing about Dishonored for me?
    The art-style is so reminiscent of HL2, and the framerate so smooth, I forget I'm playing an Unreal engine game and could swear I'm playing something made on the Source engine. It even moves like a Source game if ya ken my meaning.

So, why is everyone eager to accept this as truth without a credible source?

Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    So, why is everyone eager to accept this as truth without a credible source?
    Low cost of being fooled, mostly. If I was being asked to bet money on it, that would be one thing. Speculate on a forum? Well, I was going to do that anyway.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Why wouldn't they do a sequel? I'd be way more surprised if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    Yeah, a bit like Troika in that respect Jason, except less bugs.
    I actually don't really care for Troika's games much. Bloodlines is mostly great when it's not forcing you into combat for the first 2/3, but I just completely bounce off of Arcanum and ToEE.

The two companies I currently will buy anything from sight unseen are Arkane and Obsidian. Arkane are basically the closest thing to an LGS successor, and Obsidian are the closest thing to a Black Isle successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Yeah, they've done outsourced work on a bunch of games, but the only 3 that are actually wholly theirs are Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah, and Dishonored.

Quote Originally Posted by van HellSing View Post
    The art-style is so reminiscent of HL2
    That was my main problem with it - some things looked like straight copied from HL2 and that made me not believe in the gameworld and ruined immersion although I could tell they really tried to make a distinctive universe and art style, unfortunately HL2 is the most overrated game of the decade, they should have chosen to copy something else.

Moderator and Priest
    They didn't copy it, exactly. The guy who designed the tech and cityscapes for HL2 also did the artwork for Dishonored. That's why they have a similar look and feel.

Classical Master 2008
    Um, they used the same lead artist, Viktor Antonov, and his work really does come a distinctive style/specific ideas. Is that a bad thing? And if yes, can't we say the same about the commonalities in Looking Glass Games?

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Um, they used the same lead artist, Viktor Antonov.
    You don't say.
    I was saying that some objects looked like straight copies from HL2. I have nothing against similar art styles.

According to vg247, it could be legit.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/06/dish...rfaces-report/

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by zajazd View Post
    I was saying that some objects looked like straight copies from HL2.
    But it's you saying this, so nobody cares.

Please don't talk to zajazd, because then it looks like you do.

Thing What Kicks
    Oh for the love of Mike, why did they have to go and cram multi-player into what was previously a single-player game?

Classical Master 2008
    CVG Twitter sez it's a fake.
    We wouldn't pay attention to those fake #Dishonored2 images doing the rounds. Trust us.
    Doesn't say there aren't any real ones, though.

Both idTech5 and multiplayer make it seem unlikely that those are real.

Switching to idTech 5 doesn't make any sense because it doesn't really bring anything to the table that they didn't already accomplish with Unreal, and multiplayer because other than The Crossing, Arkane hasn't really shown much interest in multiplayer (didn't Digital Extremes do the mp mode for Dark Messiah?). If they were going to resurrect Crossplay and put it in Dishonored 2, though...

The main reason why I think this is a fake? "Main-character". Who would put a hyphen there? PR departments make lots of mistakes, but that's not the kind of thing they'd do IMO.

Of course, I'd be more than happy to eat my words, because, Dishonored 2? I'd be all over that!

Still Subjective
    Main reason I think this isn't a fake - Bethesda haven't said it is and its been a couple of days.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Didn't they let that Fallout 4 hoax go a while before they said anything?

Southquarter.com/fms
    The "annihilate the outsider" things seems a little strange too. Doesn't really fit in with the theme of all the other bullet points.

Edit: Funny, someone from Taiwan registered "darknessoftyvia.com" on the same day that this story came out.
    Last edited by Brethren; 7th Mar 2014 at 17:02.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast