TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324

Thread: Dishonored 2

I solved Jindosh's puzzle lock - yay! (Though I'm a bit annoyed that one clue is worded ambiguously, and I basically had to take a leap of faith that it meant A rather than B in order to solve the riddle.)

I had that problem too, and when I finally got the answer (after a bunch of failed attempts), I still wasn't quite sure that I'd figured it out properly.

For me it was this bit that clinched it:
    spoiler:
    "The lady in [color 1] sat left of someone in [color 2]." As long as I assumed that this meant that person A sat somewhere to the left of person B, I was stuck; the other clues narrowed things down, but never enough so I could continue. Once I decided that I'd work from the assumption that it means A sits to the *immediate* left of B, everything else fell into place.

I'm still wondering if there was another clue that could've got me to the same place if I'd understood it, but I don't think there was.

After the somewhat annoying Dust District (I prefer largely self-contained spaces like e.g. mansions in games such as Dishonored and Thief), I've just arrived at the Cheese Place (aka Stilton Manor) and I already love it - although I have to admit that I'm also a bit overwhelmed by these two overlapping spaces (and by not being able to use the powers I've been relying on). I find the concept absolutely fascinating, though, and it fires off a lot of associations, from China Miéville's The City & the City to my experiences with VR, where I perceive myself to be in one (virtual) space while still being aware of the real space I'm in, i.e. the bedroom.

Thing What Kicks
    Dust District / Stilton Manor's an interesting combination, as I find on repeat play-throughs, the Dust District offers more varied options where the gimmick of Stilton Manor quickly wears thin.

Just finished Stilton Manor and I'm a huge fan. What I especially loved was that
    spoiler:
    there's a third version of the manor, and where the original version felt oppressive and the past foreboding, the revised present version feels like a heavy weight has been lifted. The use of different colours and lighting works so well in this one.
    It's amazingly well done how different the same space feels in its different versions.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324