TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonored 2

Still Subjective
    I thought it had grim serenity to it. Perhaps its my like of old English history and architecture. I tend to like old buildings and areas in the UK. In Hull, for example, there is an old town and a lot of history around the old canals and waterways (mostly filled in now), the old whaling industry (much of which you can learn about in a museum), Wilberforce house and of course a lot of important slave history.

The old canals and docks have been converted into apartments or developments and whatnot but if you know where to go you see a lot of how the city used to be. Similarly in London - the history is there if you choose to find it. I've seen a lot of old maps and drawings of the old Hull and I guess Dunwall kind of reminded me of it. It helps that some of the names of people and places are similar.

Good observation, and it suggests that they really did their homework with the level design and architecture. That also plays into why the mood is so depressing. It isn't just that things are shitty, it's obvious that the city used to be thriving and well run only recently.

Last edited by Vicarious; 3rd May 2016 at 11:57.

Here is the cast, just look who is making the voice for corvo:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ampaign=buffer

Stephen Russell

Character: Corvo Attano

Best Known For: Thief (Garrett), Fallout 4 (Nick Valentine/Codsworth), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Prince Clavicus Vile/Mercer Frey)

Shameless fan service it may be, but good choice.

That's amazing. Can't wait to learn more about it.

That's nice, but can he do motion capture in a full mocap suit!?!?!?!

But seriously, that's like the best icing on the cake ever .

Southquarter.com/fms
    Garrett is Corvo? Awesome. Just tell me where to send my money (not that I wasn't already on board).

Quote Originally Posted by Severian_Silk View Post
    That's nice, but can he do motion capture in a full mocap suit!?!?!?!
    Hilarious, I'm sure EM is cringing on this one all the way.

Moderator and Priest
    Geez. Now I guess I gotta double buy it. RAISE DA ROOF!

I don't get particularly excited about Stephen being in games, but choosing him for the voice of Corvo is perfect.

I didn't even realize he was Nick. Now I can't stop hearing it.

Really? I thought it was pretty obvious the moment he opened his mouth.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah I didn't realize he played Nick(much less Codsworth) before I read about it either. Having him playing Corvo is good stuff! And having him be the old grizzled mentor for a young stealthy lady makes for some interesting parallels with how TDS ended.

Administrator
    Excellent news

Huh, they changed the voice actor for the Outsider, wasn't expecting that. Wasn't it still the same guy doing the voiceover in the reveal trailer?

Stephen Russell as Corvo? I honestly don't think there was anyone better suited to the role. Perfect.

Going the extra mile when taking criticism on board.

They also claim to have addressed the lack of difficulty. I don't expect anything too wildly different, but let's hope this turns out to be a game that knows how to sequel.

Excellent choice!

Chakat sex pillow
    I'm not against voiced protagonists in video games, but I'm pretty sure the only voice acting Corvo needs after being completely mute in Dishonored is entire sentences composed only of Stephen Russell saying 'taff!'.

Moderator and Priest
    "I can smell the river from here."

I planned to play as Emily in Dishonored 2 mainly because I thought she would have more character than Corvo. Well this changes everything

Dishonored 2

Any thoughts on Corvo being voiced by Stephen Russell? Personally think it's fantastic and perfect choice.

Any thoughts on Corvo being voiced by Stephen Russell? Personally think it's fantastic and perfect choice.
    Excited as all hell. I hope they let him voice some of the guards too .

Quote Originally Posted by Severian_Silk View Post
    Excited as all hell. I hope they let him voice some of the guards too .
    I imagine that will probably happen being as good as he is and that Bethesda uses him a lot in fallout and elder scrolls. It's obviously mass fan service and reconigition to bring Stephen Russell in and I bet he is jacked to show Eidos Montreal what they missed out on because I'm certain Arkane Studios is looking to use Stephen Russell's particular set of skills in Dishonored 2 and bring Corvo to life.

I really hope we'll see some kind of trailer with his voiceover soon.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast