TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonored 2

Personally I'll go with Emily on my first playthrough. But I'll definitively go back to play as Corvo once again eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    I really hope we'll see some kind of trailer with his voiceover soon.
    Well, there'll be a gameplay reveal at E3 June 12th.

By the way, some new details in this video (6:30 - 29:00):

New info (here too) and images! Haven't seen the video above yet so I don't know if this is included, but:

• Some new powers for Emily revealed. She can use Far Reach (grappling hook Blink-style transportation move), Mesmerise (stuns guards), and Domino ('connects' guards, so if one dies/gets knocked out/is Mesmerised, the effect is duplicated on all of them). Sounds great but I'm worried they're shaping Emily up to be a more combat-oriented alternative to Corvo.
    • Game starts and ends in Dunwall. Rest of it takes place in the Mediterannean inspired Karnaca. Apparently a coup drives Corvo/Emily out of Dunwall.
    • Dark Vision has been overhauled. Looks only a little better.
    • Nonlethal drop attacks and combat chokeholds!
    • "You will be residing in a smuggler's freighter known as the 'Dreadful Wale'. Here you can interact with the ships' Captain Meagan Foster, other characters such as Sokolov as well as decorate your quarters with things you've found or done in the world.
    • "We will be finding out more about Corvo's character, but still raising new questions. So they're still keeping that air of mystery about Corvo that makes him so badass.
      You can upgrade your gear by visiting various black market shops. Various 'masterwork versions' can be unlocked."
    • "There will be a new approach the Chaos system that is a lot less 'binary'."
    • "There is now a focus strike and combat choke! They have expanded the basic combat moves to suit more non-lethal approaches."

Wait, why doesn't she get a mask? If there's anyone who should be hiding their whole face, it's her.

•Nonlethal drop attacks and combat chokeholds!
    •"There is now a focus strike and combat choke! They have expanded the basic combat moves to suit more non-lethal approaches."
    Main gripes just got fixed in the sequel!

I hope the inevitable DLC takes place in Dunwall . I'd love to see that equivalent of Africa/pre-columbian Americas, whatever its name was, but they probably won't show us that place until Dishonored 3 .

If that's Corvo, he looks a bit like Keneth Branagh

Quote Originally Posted by Severian_Silk View Post
    I'd love to see that equivalent of Africa/pre-columbian Americas, whatever its name was, but they probably won't show us that place until Dishonored 3 .
    Pandyssia? Oh yes, I would love to meet those amazing, deadly creatures hinted at in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by gkkiller View Post
    • Nonlethal drop attacks and combat chokeholds!
    • "They have expanded the basic combat moves to suit more non-lethal approaches."
    Thank you! I found the first game really lacking in non-lethal combat, it would be nice to see a few more options be made available in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by wdog View Post
    Here is the cast, just look who is making the voice for corvo:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ampaign=buffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Garrett is Corvo? Awesome. Just tell me where to send my money (not that I wasn't already on board).
    Popped into this thread looking for a reason to care about Dishonored 2 -

You have my attention.

New gameplay stuff. They still haven't managed to write any decent lines or get any decent VA performances for the AIs. Is it really that hard to find a decent writer? It seemed like LGS just crapped great dialogue out as a bonus feature. It really makes a difference - this just seems soulless, even if the mechanics are good.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...railer-at-last

Strange article, it seems to focus on the fact that there's now footage of playing as Corvo, but it appears all the footage is with the player using Emily. You can tell by the fingers, and the occasional grunt.

I am really looking forward to playing this game stealthily, without using any super powers.

Edit: yeah, the guy posted the wrong trailer, here's the real one:

Btw, who is Delilah Kaldwin - a long lost sister of Emily?
    Last edited by Brethren; 14th Sep 2016 at 20:42.

Moderator and Priest
    Yes, I believe so.

Shall we gather for...nevermind.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, I don't remember any more, either.

Think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?

Moderator and Priest
    Yes. Indeed I shall.

Delilah from the DLCs is presented front and center for a good portion of the first gameplay video. I'm guessing it's her, though the fact she's apparently a Kaldwin now is pretty weird. If I remember mah lore from the first game correctly, it was said she was a kitchen girl who became friends with the empress growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post

Delilah from the DLCs is presented front and center for a good portion of the first gameplay video. I'm guessing it's her, though the fact she's apparently a Kaldwin now is pretty weird. If I remember mah lore from the first game correctly, it was said she was a kitchen girl who became friends with the empress growing up.
    The models seems to be very similar, so I've always assumed it was the same Delilah somehow.

The Kaldwin part was revealed when they showed the contents for the Collector's Edition - it's on the poster. I'm honestly surprised that I couldn't find anybody mentioning it anywhere.

It's the same Delilah as the DLC. She has usurped the throne from Emily and is framing Corvo for something (he appears to be 'the Crown Killer'), which leads to the events of the game. And she's Delilah Kaldwin because she may or may not be Jessamine's half-sister / impersonating a member of the Kaldwin dynasty.

At least, that's the popular theory.

It's the same voice actress playing Delilah as in the DLC, though wikipedia has her down as Delilah Copperspoon for both.

I left off playing the DLC right as I got to the attic of the Brigmore Manor. Guess I'd better wrap that up.

The last thing Delilah Copperspoon said before you killed her (if you took that route, of course), was "She has taken my life away from me". Undoubtedly she was referring to Jessamine, to whom she was childhood friend.

Now all this needs to be confirmed, but I've read somewhere that Delilah might be a half-sister to Jessamine, bastard daughter of Emperor Euhron Kaldwin, born a year earlier - she was given a copper spoon while Jessamine was given a silver one, being of royal blood.

Something happened when two girls grew up, something that forced Delilah to leave the court. Maybe Delilah couldn't stand being a simple "baker's apprentice" or maybe Emperor Euhron wanted to keep her away to keep secret their ties. Delilah left and became apprentice of Anton Sokolov.

If these rumours about her origins are true then it would make sense why she considers herself the rightful heir to the throne, Delilah Kaldwin.

It could be considered a retcon because of this note that can be found in the DLC: "“The girl Emily Kaldwin will have the mind of Delilah the First, who did not inherit everything she got, but came to power through the force of her own genius.”", but, in the end, you can interpret it however you wish.

System Requirements released:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dis.../1100-6445006/

Being that my PC juuuuust meets the minimum specs, I'm leaning towards picking up the PS4 version.

A bit surprised that my card (7950) is now below the minimum requirements... even though I can still run almost everything at 1080p at Very High (or Ultra.)

DX:MD being the exception, but I honestly think that's because its engine is badly coded, since even today's top-of-the-line 1,000 card could barely push 60fps at the time.

Yeah, the $1000 AMD card couldn't do much, but at release a 1070 could hold 60FPS at 1080p/high. The performance advantage with Nvidia cards is almost as big as the gap between AMD and Intel CPU's nowadays.

I meant the €1,000 nvidia card, which could barely break 60FPS at 1080p/ultra when the game was new.
    They've since released a patch which is meant to massively improve performance, especially on AMD cards. But that's totally derailing the topic. My point was that even that was playable at 1920x1200 on my old card, which is now below the minimum spec for Dishonoured 2 - though I do consider 30-40 FPS to be "playable" for slower-paced games like these.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast