TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 24 123456111621 ... LastLast

Thread: Dishonored 2

Dishonored 2

More info at E3

Praise the gods. I thought I heard that the devs didn't want to make another one.

Southquarter.com/fms
    I've heard it's heavily inspired by Thief, and there won't be any jumping, leaning, or swimming.

YAY!

Yes please!

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    I've heard it's heavily inspired by Thief, and there won't be any jumping, leaning, or swimming.
    First Thiaf, Now DISHONOREDLL! ALL CASUALS NEED TO DIE!

I can't wait!

edit: I'm calling it now. This game will be about an entirely new set of characters in an entirely new setting, with the only common strand between this and the original Dishonored being The Outsider.

Southquarter.com/fms
    It's a reboot.

D2sh2n2r2d.

Moderator and Priest
    Not really, because it has some links to the original game. Like it'll have bone charms, and an empire, and it will have some heavy references to whales, even though they'd all been chased out of the oceans about a year before.

Thing What Kicks
    I think that's a pretty good call Renz.
    Not sure how I feel about this myself, as I think they got Dishonored right first time, with no need for a second.
    Then again, I was very pleasantly surprised by the two Daud DLCs, so maybe they can keep up the quality.

But I do also wish that Publishers would give up this whole insistence that all new IP must exist as the foundation of a franchise.
    The guys who made Dishonored showed astounding creativity, and made a place that felt genuinely new, whilst simultaneously hitting numerous cultural touchstones with subtle adroitness. I'd rather have them apply that talent to another new title.

Southquarter.com/fms
    According to their wiki, Tyvia is "the northernmost island in the Empire of the Isles, and it's climate is persistently cold."

They should do some kind of Skryim crossover/alternate timeline.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    I think that's a pretty good call Renz.
    Not sure how I feel about this myself, as I think they got Dishonored right first time, with no need for a second.
    Then again, I was very pleasantly surprised by the two Daud DLCs, so maybe they can keep up the quality.
    Yup. The DLC packs weren't simply extra levels thrown out for a quick buck. To me, it was Dishonored polished to a mirror shine. It had all the strengths of the original game without any of the weaknesses, and gave me nothing but hope for the inevitable sequel.

But I do also wish that Publishers would give up this whole insistence that all new IP must exist as the foundation of a franchise.
    The guys who made Dishonored showed astounding creativity, and made a place that felt genuinely new, whilst simultaneously hitting numerous cultural touchstones with subtle adroitness. I'd rather have them apply that talent to another new title.
    If I'm right, and Arkane does end up doing this, you're kinda getting the best of both worlds. It'll be a sequel to Dishonored, still taking place in the same world, and will likely have its fair share of references to the original game. But they're not tying themselves to the same characters and settings, so they'll have much more room to experiment and expand upon what's already been done than they would have if they opted for a straight up continuation.

Plus, I just looked up Tyvia on Google. It's the sorta-Russia to Dunwall's sorta-London. This could end up being very, very cool.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    This could end up being very, very cool.
    Yuk, yuk.

Moderator and Priest
    I see that you see what I did there.

Well, I didn't really do it, but I'm gonna say that I did.

Thing What Kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Plus, I just looked up Tyvia on Google. It's the sorta-Russia to Dunwall's sorta-London. This could end up being very, very cool.
    Dishonored: Crime & Punishment Edition, with troubled protagonist Raskolnicorvo.

I'm sorry.

Classical Master 2008
    I'm sorry.
    You should be. But shouldn't we all?

Anyway, potentially good news. I hope they can do something new with it - like Garrett's, Corvo's story ended with the first game, but there may be place for another game set in the same universe.

Moderator and Priest
    The tsarina has been murdered, and her loyal bodyguard has been framed for the deed and sent to the gulags as punishment!

...it's time for Revengenik!

Thing What Kicks
    Damn it, the more I think about it, the more I think a Dishonored that draws heavily for inspiration from Dostoevsky could be a truly wondrous thing.
    Explorations of class and Bolshevism, religion and morality, murder and suicide. Insanity and treachery, fratricide and Gulag camps.
    And fantastic beards.

Administrator
    Excellent news!

Moderator and Priest
    Damn it, the more I think about it, the more I think a Dishonored that draws heavily for inspiration from Dostoevsky could be a truly wondrous thing.
    Explorations of class and Bolshevism, religion and morality, murder and suicide. Insanity and treachery, fratricide and Gulag camps.
    And fantastic beards.
    That's exactly what I was thinking of. A fantastical twist on that could be an awesome thing to behold.

...hey, does Digi still work for Arkane? If he does, does anyone here have anything we can blackmail him with to get some early screenshots and info?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    According to their wiki, Tyvia is "the northernmost island in the Empire of the Isles, and it's climate is persistently cold."

They should do some kind of Skryim crossover/alternate timeline.
    I was thinking something like "And to the south in the drier parts there's this frosty blonde widow with pet dragons who seems to collect armies everywhere she goes like its nothing."

Southquarter.com/fms
    With great tits.

Nah, she's to the east.

The original felt a little stale and soulless, I've heard great things about the DLC - I should give them a try soon. I hope this turns out better.

Hope we get to take a trip on a whaling ship this time.

I'm genuinely curious about the setting. That's one thing the original definitely nailed IMO.
    My main wish for the original was that it be a bit longer & the story more layered & developed. So I hope they do that with this one.

Yeah, I'm kind of along the same line of thinking. It's why I hope Renz is right. I don't mind reusing the brand name for marketing reasons, the core gameplay mechanics, and the general setting of the fiction, the universe, but you can change the rest. New location in the world, new time period, characters, plot conflict... Not every IP has to do this, but it would be nice if more took these sorts of liberties.

Anyway, good news, this. Looking forward to hearing more.