TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Rooms Contest - The Serpentine Amulet

Southquarter.com/fms

10 Rooms Contest - The Serpentine Amulet

We have a late entry to the contest. The mission is called "The Serpentine Amulet." It's for Thief Gold using New Dark, so if you're using Darkloader, you'll need to go into Darkloader.ini and change the mission type. See the readme for more details if you need them. I haven't played this mission yet, but I did get it to fire up in Darkloader so it should be good to go.

http://www.southquarter.com/download...erpAUPDATE.zip
    Last edited by Brethren; 4th Mar 2014 at 21:40.

Great! Downloading right now.
    Still need to finish "Lost in far edges" and i'll give this one a go.
    Are there any more missions coming?

Edit: Having a small problem with the mission. I have almost all of the objectives completed except the one about finding the ashes. It seem the mission plays at the normal difficulty even though i started it at "thief/hard" difficulty. I have the objectives and the health points for the hard difficulty but the ashes are not where they're supposed to be. I checked it in dromed.
    Also, one of the papyrus (the one you find in the secret compartment) is not displaying.
    Other than that everything worked just fine.

I suppose this will be fixed after the contest is over? Even so, i had a blast with the mission. Really great work!
    Brethren, i think it would be ok to show the name of the author since it shows up in the readme Actually, i was surprised to see who made it and it's safe to say that i look forward to all of his fan missions.
    Last edited by InfinituS; 4th Mar 2014 at 08:35.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Congrats SneakyGuy , fun little mission!

Congrats SneakyG. Good mission, really enjoyed. The papyrus InfinituS mentions didn't read for me either (played on "Garrett" level); otherwise all else good.

(P.S. I'd really love to see the catacombs and cave areas with elementals, undead and beautiful burricks, as described in the read me! Haa haa, don't want much do I!)

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    Edit: Having a small problem with the mission. I have almost all of the objectives completed except the one about finding the ashes. It seem the mission plays at the normal difficulty even though i started it at "thief/hard" difficulty. I have the objectives and the health points for the hard difficulty but the ashes are not where they're supposed to be. I checked it in dromed.
    The Papyrus. If you read " I can't believe what that idiotic mess Lord billinor has done. Continue reading, the ashes were stashed in a secret compartment so he could come back after dark and grab them.
    Last edited by nickie; 4th Mar 2014 at 12:28. Reason: fixed quote and spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    The Papyrus. If you read " I can't believe what that idiotic mess Lord billinor has done. Continue reading, the ashes were stashed in a secret compartment so he could come back after dark and grab them.
    The secret compartment is the one in the laboratory right? you climb down a ladder. There should be the ashes there but they are not
    I might replay this on expert since i enjoyed it very much.

Edit: Ok, i speedrunned (on expert) to the place where the ashes should be and they are there. So, i guess the problem lies only with thief/hard difficulty.
    Last edited by InfinituS; 4th Mar 2014 at 11:21.

A pleasing and enjoyable little mission - but how to finish it? I've completed all other objectives - on Expert - but can't find the exit route. I used the switch in the treasury room, but it didn't seem to do anything...

for some reason when i play this mission all the textures are blue and after going in first warp there is nothing i can do,this has happend on one other mission to me,and still cant figure out why it happens yes i got newdark

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie_Pagan View Post
    for some reason when i play this mission all the textures are blue and after going in first warp there is nothing i can do,this has happend on one other mission to me,and still cant figure out why it happens yes i got newdark
    Could be your Thief Gold fms are using Thief 2 resources creating a conflict.

You can easily extract the zip into a named folder, and then copy/paste the fm resources into your Thief Gold directory. All of your saves will be made under Thief Gold.

Double Click the Thief Gold Icon. After playing , just delete the fm resources you pasted.

Hey everyone

I have just sent Brethren the Update to the mission, so you will all be able to fully enjoy it on any difficulty now. I noticed that when I added the Difficulty>Destroy property I accidently put 0 and 1 instead of just 0, so it won't be a problem anymore
    Also I have added some additional loot as I got a helpful private message from Darthslair telling me that there wasn't really enough, so I have added about 500 additional loot just in case some people can't find some of the hidden loot .

Hope everyone enjoys it now
    Last edited by SneakyGuy101; 4th Mar 2014 at 21:50.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    Great! Downloading right now.
    Still need to finish "Lost in far edges" and i'll give this one a go.
    Are there any more missions coming?

Also, one of the papyrus (the one you find in the secret compartment) is not displaying.
    Other than that everything worked just fine.

I suppose this will be fixed after the contest is over? Even so, i had a blast with the mission. Really great work!
    Brethren, i think it would be ok to show the name of the author since it shows up in the readme Actually, i was surprised to see who made it and it's safe to say that i look forward to all of his fan missions.
    I am having the same problem with this. theashes are not in the secret floor panel
    and the papyrus will not open. I will try the update

Southquarter.com/fms
    The author has provided an updated version to fix some bugs - see the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    A pleasing and enjoyable little mission - but how to finish it? I've completed all other objectives - on Expert - but can't find the exit route. I used the switch in the treasury room, but it didn't seem to do anything...
    I just played it (well the updated version) and it seems to work fine. Hope it works on the updated version for you

Perfect SneakyGuy!

Could be your Thief Gold fms are using Thief 2 resources creating a conflict.

You can easily extract the zip into a named folder, and then copy/paste the fm resources into your Thief Gold directory. All of your saves will be made under Thief Gold.

Double Click the Thief Gold Icon. After playing , just delete the fm resources you pasted.

i dont even have thief gold i am using the thief gold patch over my thief 1 so that must be the problem? i wonder if there is a way to update the thief gold patch to fix that problem?

i dont even have thief gold i am using the thief gold patch over my thief 1 so that must be the problem? i wonder if there is a way to update the thief gold patch to fix that problem?
    You have probably already used T-Fix to install NewDark V1.21? I am not sure that this would even help, as T1 still lacks TG Resources. I still enjoy playing TDP once and a while, as it was my first black and white experience with Thief long ago. About half the sounds were gone from the corrupted copy, so I ended up creating my own sounds for the rest of it, until I could find a new cd. I later even upgraded to a color monitor!

You have probably already used T-Fix to install NewDark V1.21? I am not sure that this would even help, as T1 still lacks TG Resources. I still enjoy playing TDP once and a while, as it was my first black and white experience with Thief long ago. About half the sounds were gone from the corrupted copy, so I ended up creating my own sounds for the rest of it, until I could find a new cd. I later even upgraded to a color monitor!

i got all possible updated from t-fix to new dark also all the patches need to run fan missions,but textures are still missing,i never figured the thief gold patch would be missing files,i dont have the knowledge to know what is missing from thief gold patch for t1,as there is forsure 2 missions that are pure blue textures ,weird thing is my weapons work on this mission but other one they dont even work,so i am at a loss,i always thought the thief gold patch would play alll thief gold missions,i was wrong

also i am wondering why thief 1/gold arent free yet as the games are so old and looking glass is gone,not sure who owns the rights to the first 2 games,it seems like the would be free to download by now?

i use to own thief gold but when the patch came out,at the time i was able to play all thief gold missions at that time,so i gave it to a friend in canada so he could experience thief.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    I just played it (well the updated version) and it seems to work fine. Hope it works on the updated version for you
    Thanks, the update did the trick. This little mission looks gorgeous with HDMOD...

I dont know whats wrong.. but I got "running interference" when I tried to load this up with the NewDark mission selector...

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji View Post
    I dont know whats wrong.. but I got "running interference" when I tried to load this up with the NewDark mission selector...
    This Thief Gold fm is attempting to use your T2 Resources. Use Darkloader V4.2 or above, and load in Darkloader, install only. Quit Darkloader. Go to your Darkloader directory, and find the Darkloader.ini (Configuration Settings)
    Find the name of the fm, and change Type=2 to Type=1, save. Start Darkloader and play.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 5th Mar 2014 at 17:46.

A great mission! Well done SneakyGuy, I hope you will go on to create many more FMs.

Spot on, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji View Post

I had this same problem you have to create a separate FM selector for T1. I thought it was a T2 mission so I opened it up in my T2 FM selector and running interference starts. Then I found out it is T1/TG so I opened it up with the T1 FM selector and it runs fine. Do you have two FM selectors setup?

fun mission

fun mission
    Thanks I was in a rush while making this mission but I still managed to make it very nice and fun

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    This Thief Gold fm is attempting to use your T2 Resources. Use Darkloader V4.2 or above, and load in Darkloader, install only. Quit Darkloader. Go to your Darkloader directory, and find the Darkloader.ini (Configuration Settings)
    Find the name of the fm, and change Type=2 to Type=1, save. Start Darkloader and play.
    Someone really needs to update Darkloader to work properly with NewDark T1 FMs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast