TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LGS's Forgotten Creatures Project

That's "a very long-bodied rodent with large whiskers and tiny limbs"?

Sounds like R.O.U.S.'s.

DromEd Archmage
    SWEEL DONE!!

Grab it here:
    Link updated: Instructions for installation available + a motiondb
    http://download1323.mediafire.com/ag...yd8l/Sweel.zip

Enjoy it ^^

@Tannar: I look at the real concept art (that you can see on my video ^^). On it, there are three sweels represented and we can see that it have no limbs actually. The one shown from Larry's picture betray your eyes because it hairs have some sewer's dirt on it. Actually the sweel looks like a snake with a rodent's head and hairs.
    Last edited by FireMage; 26th Mar 2014 at 19:19.

IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!! I'm definately putting them in the sewer area in my upcoming FM! Thank you

Desperately dodgy geezer
    They do look really good, but they just look like snakes to me. I can't tell they have a rodent head, and IMO the concept art clearly shows limbs, albeit small ones. If we're talking a legitimate sweel here, I would propose making them larger, making the head larger in proportion to the body and clearly rodent-like, having two or three pairs of small limbs, and if possible making them able to move around with the top third or so raised up (I don't know if that's possible given we have no sweel skeleton info). Basically, make them look more freakish - right now they look like snakes (albeit good ones).

Firemage, I think you are misunderstood, the sweel have actually four limbs as shown in this concept (this one is of better quality)

PLUS I looked into the mesh, and the skin also shown four limbs
    (don't get the wrong idea Firemage, I really like your works, you are truly a dromed wizard )

And what about the ogre ? I remember seeing one of them in some FM, but with only one head instead of two

Here's a reminder of what he looks like :

@Firemage- Could you make a tutorial on how to set up the Sweel AI in dromed? Also how to set up the motions in dromed?
    Last edited by SneakyGuy101; 26th Mar 2014 at 17:13.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    The higher res concept art also makes it pretty obvious IMO that the sweel was intended to be hairy rather than scaly. Perhaps it should be greenish-brown instead of plain green? Although of course several skin variations would be easy to make.

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Firemage, I think you are misunderstood, the sweel have actually four limbs as shown in this concept (this one is of better quality)
    Nope, because I used the REAL concept art for it, which represent three sweel:

Look at the one that I put darker to show you on the right: It have no limbs!!

About the texture, I did it myself from the rat because it was the closest texture for such model. I changed it to make the texturing easier. ^^

Plus, adding limbs is impossible... To make a creature like this, I have been obliged to do some "walking arms" XD
    Apply the motions to a guard and laugh, you will be attacked by a snowborder!! ^^
    So, It will stay like this.

About texture: YES!! That's the reason which do this snake-like effect, but, as I said, I had problem with texturing... I tried my best but with such low quality texture, it's pretty hard to make them look hair... hehe... But, yes, I wanted to make them hairy, just with no success...

About the Ogre: It exist with two heads, it is in Dromed deluxe, I'm sure of that! But I don't know the author's name... :/

About the tutorial, I'll do something if I have the time, but for the moment, I have some other creatures to create!
    But, you can check it yourself because my zip contains the 3DS file!

I just meant where do you make and how do you make it in the object hierachy and how do you set up it's motions.

DromEd Archmage
    Ha! Okay! ^^ Sorry, I have forgotten this in the read me! XD

Ok, so:

--------------
    What I have done for the video test: Creature>Beast:Sweel

Motions>ActorTagList: Eel 0
    Speech>Voice:Frog
    Schema>ClassTags:CreatureType Frog
    Dark Gamesyst>BreathConfig:99999 99999 -1 0
    >AirSupply:99999
    Creature>CreatureType:Humanoid
    Shape>ModelName:Sweel
    Links:Weapon:Apeclaw
    Game>DamageModel>Hit Points: 8
    >Max Hit Points: 8
    AI>AIcore>Vision Joint: Right finger

About the blood, I have made it is the craybloodsplash, but it exist nomore in thief 2 so I rebuild it.
    From BloodSplash, you create craybloodsplash: Links: Corpse > CrayBlood
    SFX>Particles: Replace 48 with 125

---------

Have fun! Of course, you're not obliged to do everything like me. ^^

The sweel on the right is a top down shot. The legs hang directly underneath, so you might not be able to see the legs from that angle. The "real" concept art does show legs as well on the prominent sweel, but it's cut off in the picture.

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Random_Taffer View Post
    The sweel on the right is a top down shot. The legs hang directly underneath, so you might not be able to see the legs from that angle. The "real" concept art does show legs as well on the prominent sweel, but it's cut off in the picture.
    Perhaps... Anyway, the doubt suits me due to the complexy of the thing incoming if I want to add limbs, so... Limbs or not, I see it without ^^'
    (After all, the sweel is an eel! )

At least, everybody agree on considering it as a sweel thanks to it little Rodant's head
    For the ones who don't trust me, look at this picture. We can see it perfectly

The motions are all screwed up! The Eel 0 thing doesn't work at all and it's driving me crazy. Everything else works except for the motions which I don't know how to set up. So heres to demonstrate what it does

First of all it comes at me like a guard and not like a sweel.

Secondly part of it goes through the floor when it's in it's stationary position.

I don't know whats causing these problems
    Can you please tell me how to set up the motions because I know I am doing something wrong and I really need your help. I'm sorry to bother you but please tell me how to set up the motions so I can use your awesome AI

DromEd Archmage
    That happen if:

-Motions are not installed correctly
    or
    -You mistape with the Motion>ActorTagList property. It is Eel 0

To install the motions, the folder motion must be in your thief II directory with the file Motiondb.bin (Crush your older motiondb)
    Normaly, that should do it ^^

EDIT: Damn it: I have forgotten to put the motiondb in the zip file >< (How I could be stupid! Sorry)

EDIT2: Link updated, that should be better now ^^ sorry again

EDIT3: Note for fun: If you give to my sweel a treebeast motiontag, you can have the feeling to be attacked by roots! OO
    Try it yourself!
    Last edited by FireMage; 26th Mar 2014 at 19:22.

YES! Thanks it works great now

(let's not forget the specter! http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/Spectre)

DromEd Archmage
    haha! I love this ghost! XD I make me laugh when I put it in Thief 1...
    He just need some improvement in matter of polys...

DromEd Archmage
    Squadarofl: Your wish has been granted!

A new creature available for the community: The apparition HIGH POLYS!!

Grab it here:

http://download1478.mediafire.com/lw...Apparition.zip

Enjoy!! ^^

PS: All "mirrorers" are welcome! These creatures may be VERY useful for mappers!

PS 2: How do you create in a first post a kind of menu to be redirected directly to the good post. Because this thread is growing and my quest is certainly not finished XD, so before being lost, I think that will be a good idea to do such thing... (My apologies for this noobish question )

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    How come I completely missed this thread !?
    I see you've been busy this week, great work man

!!!

The only unused creatures left I can think of is the albinos spider and the naked monkey/rat-thing

For the spider, just changing the skin will do the trick but for the beastman ? I really don't know

DromEd Archmage
    Priority to the monkey boy. I think that the spider can wait. (We already have the tiny green-white, the huge green and medium red after all ^^)
    Not the naked only, the armored too.

That will take a while I think because of the tail... But when I'm seeing how am I suffering with the cobraman XD, I think that nothing can stop me now! It become a personnal business between me and LGS's lost dreams...^^

EDIT: About the spider, I though the only albinos spider which LGS has imaginated is the tiny spider...
    Could you tell me more about it?
    Last edited by FireMage; 28th Mar 2014 at 17:00.

Southquarter.com/fms
    The Spectre looks cool, I like having a humanoid floating AI. It's hard to to tell from the vid though, what are their attacks like?

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    How come I completely missed this thread !?
    Completely missed? It's only existed for four days.

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    The Spectre looks cool, I like having a humanoid floating AI. It's hard to to tell from the vid though, what are their attacks like?
    It just shakes his arm and spell the ghost skulls as the walking ghost ^^
    But if you want it can launch something else!

But originaly, I think that it may be like this because if you look at the walking apparition's attribute, the params a very close to the Fire Elemental's an evidence showing us that the walking ghost was supposed to fly originaly!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast