TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LGS's Forgotten Creatures Project

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    PS 2: How do you create in a first post a kind of menu to be redirected directly to the good post. Because this thread is growing and my quest is certainly not finished XD, so before being lost, I think that will be a good idea to do such thing... (My apologies for this noobish question )
    1. Notice that each post has a number in the upper right corner, such as #44.
    2. If you click that text that post will become the top post on the page and the url will be shown, such as http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2244496 for #44
    3. Edit you initial post to have the index you envision
    4. Get a url on your clipboard for an index entry per 2.
    5. Use the hyperlink button on the selected index entry and paste the url into it.
    6. Repeat as needed for all index entries.

Squadarofl: Your wish has been granted!

A new creature available for the community: The apparition HIGH POLYS!!
    So can it patrol and chase you, or does it just hang out?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Thanks, Jordan! I was playing with the apparition the other night after seeing it mentioned here - I didn't realize it existed before since it's not in the T2 mesh.crf, only in T1. I like your higher poly model, but why does it have Bride of Frankenstein hair?

Larry - it can do whatever you want. I've given it Z offset so it floats above the ground, but it needs more props to be able to fly like fire elementals do. According to the Wiki, that was the intention had LGS used it.

DromEd Archmage
    Thank you for the tutorial! I'll do it!

Yes, it can Patrol and chase you! ^^
    You just have to be cautious with the z offset settings. It shouldn't be too high or it will never cross a door, not too low or it dress will be underground and it will looks more stupid than frightening XD

But I must say: If you put it with a highness which is not equal to the z offset, it will raise or fall slowly to the correct level, and with a nice effect. I mean, perhaps we could play with the metaprop and get very nice effects with this apparition...hmmm...

EDIT: @Yandros: hehe.. I choose this kind of hair because it looks more frightening with it, and I'm sure that it was what LGS wanted to do because if you look at the old model, the hair are extended on the back of it head. I though that they wanted to do one of these creepy ghost which have their hair flying in the air.
    And I must admit that I think that it head fit with such style ^^
    Last edited by FireMage; 28th Mar 2014 at 19:18.

ZylonBane
    Yes, it can Patrol and chase you! ^^
    And I must admit that I think that it head fit with such style ^^
    Whatever it is you keep pointing at, I don't think anyone else can see it.

In case anyone else is planning on working on the Skeleton Warrior, I've already started in on it. Slow going, but high poly & reasonably high res. So far I've just got the helmet done. More to follow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SkelWarriorHelm.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	1930

DromEd Archmage
    Wow, good job Larry!
    Incredible that Dromed accept such high quality model
    But it's not really the same helmet... your is like a german antic helmet but LGS's one is like a knight's helmet from the high middle age...
    Even if we can keep it with no problem ^^
    Last edited by FireMage; 29th Mar 2014 at 21:01.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Code:
    var pot.call(theKettle, 'black');

Looks awesome, Larry! Keep up the good work!

DromEd Archmage
    Hi, a new creature. As I said, I didn't wanted to do that first, but it was easy to do so...

The Albinos Spider:

Get it here:

http://download1593.mediafire.com/6y...er_Albinos.zip

Enjoy!

Additionnal note:

I wanted to increase the number of polys, but I saw quickly that the polys number in the classic spider was very close to the limit, then, alas, I've been forced to keep the original shape...

I have redraw the skin from the promo video of Thief 1 and tried to be very close to the old original model. I hope that will be enough close to you ^^

Enjoy it!

DromEd Archmage
    News about the Cobra. Gigaggoga and me have tried to fix cobra's arm... but alas, with not success...

So, I'll publish it with the more "seeable" look... The shape shown in the video...

The athrophied Cobra:

http://download1478.mediafire.com/y7...mesh_cobra.zip

Perhaps a day, I will fix it... but for the moment...

Enjoy it anyway... ^^

I have redraw the skin from the promo video of Thief 1 and tried to be very close to the old original model.
    What video? I've seen all of the videos from back then but I have never heard
    of a promo video. Can someone please give me a link to the video if they have it because I'm curious as to what it shows

DromEd Archmage
    There are many trailer and demo made by LGS that you can find in the web after hard research...
    Me, I used this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHWYCfuPQHM

We can see the spider a VERY short time near the end (About 4:20)... Imagine how it has been hard to work with it...^^ That's why I thank Squadarolf for his screenshot, that help me to see it easier!

Ah I see! I really had a blast watching it and it gives me a very nice nostalgic feeling

DromEd Archmage
    Yeah! Long live to Nostalgia! XD This is thank to it that I found this amazing motivation! ^^ (What's happening to me? )

So, while we're talking about Nostalgia, I made a high polys version of Constantine's guards and Monkeymen (Ratmen for some players).

Here the presentation movie as usual

And the link to make it your! hehe...

http://download1474.mediafire.com/9m...tineGuards.zip

EDIT: If you want me to publish the .3DS and .e files, have no shame to ask ^^ It will be a pleasure to send it to the world. It's just that I don't know if you are interested by these files... ^^'

That Ratman's got Night Fever!

Great work, man! I really like the Albino Spider (might use that one in my mission) and the hi-poly Constantine guard looks great, especially the helm.

DromEd Archmage
    Thank you a lot! ^^
    Use them with no moderation!

I think that I'm surely not close to the end of my quest! XD
    There are so many models which ask for existance or multi-polys version...
    So... Next model, because It's something important to me: The spiderdemon which exist only on the concept arts. It will be hard as the cobraman, but, I don't think that will be impossible to create it!

Let's try!

here's a vivid reminder on how the spiderdemon looks like, in case of you don't have a high res artwork

Now for the scrapped version of the bugbeast :

And it will be nice to have the crayman with antennas, as it was in the concept art

And here is a screenshot for the ogre, or the ettin, or whatever it is; Before it was scrapped

Good luck!

DromEd Archmage
    Hello dude.
    The Firemage's factory proceed to work!

A new banned creature has been released from the darkness.

Ladies, gentlemen, please, say hello to the SpiderDemon!!

Here the show:

(Yes, it spider arms move! It wasn't expected because I though it was impossible... actually, no, it work perfectly to wake up your arachnophobia! )

Here the link to get it:

http://download1475.mediafire.com/x3...ider_Demon.zip

Have fun with it!

Could you please give some instructions on how to set them up in dromed?
    I think they are excellent and will be of good use for a special theme in my mission.

DromEd Archmage
    Nothing complex

Create in beast creature category "Spiderdemon":

I suggest you to rewrite all treebeast's properties (it is a good base).
    Once it's done.

Change the shape>model name: spidemon
    Change the ClassTagActor: CreatureType Servant
    Change the voice: vspider
    Add Creature>Timewrap:0.75

If you want it as a ranged creature:

Add AI>AI core: Ai:Human spellcaster
    Add AI>Ranged Combat>Ranged Combat: change nothing or everything, it's not so important to make it work
    Add links> AI projectile> Webshot: Arcing, moderate, leadtarget, abdomen, medium accurate
    Add links> AI projectile> Magicmissile: Straight-line, high, leadtarget, head, very high accurate

I hope that will help you!

One problem, I'm using Thief Gold so there are no treebeast motions. Oh well ,I guess I will just substitute in another creatures motions, most likely a guards motions

I've made some good progress on the Skeleton Warrior with sword. I'll do an Ax Warrior next then post the mesh & textures for download.

Name:	SkellyWarrior2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	1931

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Both of those look really good! Larry, how many polys are in that skeleton? It looks fabulous.

Somewhere around 2700-2800 vertices, maybe 4200 polys. As long as it works in DromEd I don't worry about it, and this works. The cool thing is you get to see through arm holes past the ribs and spine to the inside walls of the cuirass. Same for the gloves & boost, you can look in and see the bones extend inside.

This is what the Axe wielding Skeleton Warrior looks like.

Name:	SkelWariorAxe.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	1932

In testing them I noticed that the shoulder of the cuirass flexes with neck movement. Boo hiss. I'll have to see if I can do anything about that. Maybe make the neck opening wider. We'll see.
    Last edited by LarryG; 31st Mar 2014 at 03:27. Reason: update poly estimate

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast