TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: LGS's Forgotten Creatures Project

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    Hi, a new creature. As I said, I didn't wanted to do that first, but it was easy to do so...

The Albinos Spider:
    [..]

Get it here:

http://download1593.mediafire.com/6y...er_Albinos.zip

Enjoy!
    [..]
    Hmm why does my DromEd crash immidiately when I try to add it in my map? I add it under the spiders hierarchy but when I attempt to create one on the map it crashes.

DromEd Archmage
    Pretty weird... No one has signaled me such bug... :/
    Are you sure that you have done a correct archetype?
    Create it under the HugeSpider instead of the spiders, and change change the model to test it.

The model should not be a problem normaly if the bin and the cal files are correctly put in mesh folder with it texture in txt16

Perhaps you got a problem while downloading the file that have corrupted it? Such thing happens sometimes!

Downloaded it again and put it in the same obj folder as usual for custom objects, added it to hierarchy(to huge spiders as well!) but upon creation it still crashes :/
    Only hint I noticed is that the download site always says downlaod failed at first. Then the download is "restarting" and then downloads successfully. Is the zip file supposed to be only 45,4 kb in size?

edit: tried adding the spider under decorations in the hierarchy, still crashes.

Nope, because I used the REAL concept art for it, which represent three sweel:

Look at the one that I put darker to show you on the right: It have no limbs!!
    This is another version of the one on the left, and there do appear to be limbs, just tucked back as it though it just did a breast-stroke-like motion. My assumption was that it swims underwater more like an otter than an eel. And definitely hairy rather than scaled. The long whiskers are rather odd, as whiskers tend to be as long as the body is wide since one common use is to let an animal know if its body can get through a narrow opening. But who couldn't love that face!

Sweel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sweel_Sketch.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	2091

Otter

Name:	481491037.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	2092

Otter Motions

Otter motions frame by frame for Tweq>Models motion animation (who was it who had a clever way to get more than 6 models for the animation ... and what was that method? Chained corpselinks? But real motion DB motions would be infinitely better!

Name:	otter.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	2093

I may give modeling an otter-like sweel concept a try myself ...
    Last edited by LarryG; 17th Feb 2015 at 10:50.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Downloaded it again and put it in the same obj folder as usual for custom objects
    Being a mesh, it needs to go in the mesh and mesh/txt16 folders, not obj.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Being a mesh, it needs to go in the mesh and mesh/txt16 folders, not obj.
    OMG, I had completely forgotten that. Sorry for noobing up

Thanks!

DromEd Archmage
    @LarryG: I don't want to break your effort with your ideas and pictures to help me to upgrade the sweel but you must know something:

My Sweel is a fake humanoid with a body and two arms. I can try to do weird experiment to add limbs but it may be impossible.
    We could use the detailattach to add false limbs to the beast or change the model to put it on the body... but it will NEVER move.

I know that the creature is Hairy and if you look at it skin it's the T2 rat skin that I used so it is hairy, it's just that my UV setting on the model that I manage to change! ^^

Whiskers are long, right but I don't know If you have already opened a mesh model but a mesh is splited in different part to apply the motion correctly and because of this I just can't make them too long of I could get problem.

And DO NOT TALK ABOUT THIS HORRIBLE AND MALICIOUS AND MONSTROUS MODEL TWEQ!!! Creating a creature with that I say: NO WAY!
    I'll do them with the motionDB and nothing else!

About the way to swim: I know that It would be fun to have otter in Thief fan mission but no! A sweel will swim like an eel! And I got my points to do that:

-These artwork poses have been chosen to show how the beast look like not like it move
    -Sweel limbs are very slim. If we want something realist it corps will allow a movement that will looks like more like an eel than an otter
    -It is surely impossible to make it able to move it limbs if I add them so such motion will be impossible to create and apply
    -To make it swim it will be more adequat to use the apparition creaturetype to get a mesh that ignore the gravity but such creaturetype have no legs. If a complex model could be made on land by adding legs part in the model in new coords (and I'm such idea is perhaps impossible) with underwater model it may be completely impossible...

So... Before doing hard and complex things it would be wiser to just redo it with a model with a better quality and motion set on ground and perhaps a new one for underwater situation with no limbs...

I'll see if I can get my interpretation of a sweel mocked up for you to take a look at.

I've had success with model tweq fish and beetles and my improved version of the rat, so while I agree that a motion DB based solution would be best, a Tweq>Models solution may be the only practical approach. So that's what I think I may pursue.

DromEd Archmage
    For little and innocent animals tweq method can fit. But with a creature to defeat it's not the solution!
    The thing will move in the same way with a movement not really fluid. Plus: once it's dead it will continue to move and the fact it do not use something else than a tweq model it would be hard in matter of gameplay to see if it has spotted you, attack you, is hurt etc.

As you can see in my current version of the sweel it's hard to hurt them!
    The tweq model is too limited! Perhaps in your interpretation the sweel is harmless but not to me. When I look at the artwork I can see nothing but a creature living in band which want nothing but eat everything found on it growing territory!

Plus: once it's dead it will continue to move
    ?? No. Not if you give it a corpselink to a dead sweel.

You are right that a Tweq approach is very limiting. I sure would like a motion DB solution. But we aren't likely to get a four legged AI creature type any time soon, and IMHO mucking up a Human rigged AI to sort of look like one is worse than the limited Tweq approach.

I just wish we know how the limit planes and joints were intended for the existing Sweel creature type, or how to add new creature types to bsp. But we don't.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    For the Builder's sake, may someone tell me what a sweel is? I can't find it in any dictionary.....
    Is it a real or an imaginary creature?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    It was a new creature thought up by LGS, but never put in the game. It's probably short for "sewer eel".

As real as a burrick.

From The Dark Wiki
    The sweel is an aquatic creature that was never implemented into the Thief universe. In early concept sketches, it has the appearance of a very long-bodied rodent with large whiskers and tiny limbs. The name is derived from the root eel, while "sw" may be an abbreviation for sewer. The design was apparently rejected very early in development and has no known mesh data or sound files. Some attempts have been made to create a usable sweel for fan missions, but with limited effectiveness
    also ref. Sweels Live! (sort of) started by Shadowspawn

I just wish Shadowspawn had published the joint rigging for the Sweel that he figured out so that we could try out the one existing LGS motion for it and maybe someone who knows how could make some more motions for it (alert motions, attack motions, etc.):

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn View Post
    ... So I took a rope, reconstructed it, removed some joints, and build a Sweel!

You can imagine my amazement when I found that, after about 40 tries, it worked!

But there's a problem. I can't find any more Sweel motions! ...
    Last edited by LarryG; 18th Feb 2015 at 13:12.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Many thanks for the exhaustive explanation!

DromEd Archmage
    So, what's happening here?

Soon I'll submit two models that I remade because their previous version were not as good as excepcted.

-The monkey guard
    -The sweel

For the moment I'm fighting againt some trouble.

-The sweel looks too much like a lizard because of it limbs (they are atophied but they are so tiny that's not a problem in matter of visual ) and it new head. I still fighting to give it a better head + a good animation for death and swimming.

-The monkey's tail got some problem. I'm doing my best to fix that. I'm close to finish it.

As for the rest, I'll require your patience!

DromEd Archmage
    NEW VERSION OF THE SWEEL AVAILABLE!

SWEEL VERSION 2:

A video to show the stuff in game as usual:

And the traditionnal link to download the stuff:

http://download1501.mediafire.com/ir...25/SweelV2.zip

Enjoy them!

New shape, motion more detailed, a first step to make them available underwater.
    And a cool effect that you will discover yourself!

--

I will publish more new models ready for upload tomorrow!
    I'm restless these time! xD

But what will I publish? Try to guess You got about 6 hours!

holy bananas

Beautiful work as always!

SWELL SWEEL!!

I have just the place for them. Thank you.

DromEd Archmage
    Thank you folks!

Now let's publish another thing as promised!

Ramirez High Polys Pack!

Movie:

Don't worry Ramirez made no diet, he is always fat but in the video it is not obvious to see it!

Link:

http://download1642.mediafire.com/61...amirezPack.rar

Enjoy!!

DromEd Archmage
    New Update and Add!

I have done before the Constantine guard and Apebeast. But I forgot the Archer and I was not aware yet that LGS did an Artwork of the Apebeast!

So I made a new version of the apebeast which is a mix between the original model and the Artwork. And the Constantine Archer.
    To make things more cumfortable, the guard i did before is present in the package! (Plus, his texture is used for the Apebeast helmet! Don't forget it! )

The video is here:

The link is here:

http://download1504.mediafire.com/xh...antinePack.rar

Enjoy it!

Wow Now those are worth putting in a mission

Awesome job on the new models

Cool, added to the next Necro Age update. Any chance of a high poly Bugbeast?

Please provide detailed instructions on how to add your new motions to an existing motion database. Also please identify the base that you built your database on top of. In particular does it include all the enhanced motions (ref. http://www.angelfire.com/games4/shadowspawn/Tools.html). I don't want to lose any of those motions if I were to try and merge your motions into it. If your MDB already incorporates all those motions, then I should be able to just replace the whole thing instead of having to mess about with trying to build a new one.

DromEd Archmage
    Larry,

But who am I to guess your knowledge and your willing? I'm a mage not a god!

I don't and won't send such instruction. Because the stuff for creating your own motion is here in TTLG in tools page and these tools provide their own detailed instruction in their readme to know how to use them, what a Mschema folder is, etc.
    I think they are also in the Dromed Enhanced Pack.
    In the worst case if links are dead or have disapeared go to Shadow's Pawn Website, everything is in this place!

I considered if you are building your own motiondb you have obiously already learned by yourself how to do it, don't you?

IMHO:
    It is like someone who will ask you to send instruction to know how to use Dromed because you have published a new texture pack.
    So understand that giving such instruction are not my part of work.

You got also a point! I might tell you that my motiondb is a T2 motiondb and contains vanillia motions + my own motions, my fault!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast