TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: LGS's Forgotten Creatures Project

Unfortunately I have not ever built my own MDB. I have only taken the enhanced one by Shadowspawn and used it. That's why I want to know if the one you supplied in the zip was based on his. If so then I still don't need to learn about building one. Instead I can just use yours since yours includes both his enhanced motions and your new motions. So please, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, at least answer whether or not you based your MDB on his.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    He already indicated that he did not, his is the vanilla (base LGS) motion dB with his new sweel motions added:

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    I might tell you that my motiondb is a T2 motiondb and contains vanillia motions + my own motions, my fault!
    Jordan, since many of us use the enhanced motionDB from Shadowspawn's site, it would certainly make your work more broadly appealing and useful to the authors here if you built a version of that with your motions added as well, since you clearly know how to do it and are among the most knowledgeable active members around when it comes to motions. Refusing to even explain how to do it, on the grounds that anyone should be able to teach themselves how to do it, isn't helping anyone, including yourself. That being said, if you're too busy or just don't want to bother, I can try to do it myself and list the steps here for Larry and others, since I did manage to build a custom motionDB once with some help from R Soul, although I only followed the steps he gave me and barely understood what I was doing.

DromEd Archmage
    I understand what you mean Yandros!

I just don't want explain because I'm sure you won't understand all my explaination due to my bad english and I consider that I already spend a lot of time to create the stuff and present it. I even explained how to create the archetype!

You know, I learn everything by myself. No tutorial, no expert to teach me how the motions works!
    So I gathered my motivation and search in the forum the adequate softwares. I found a package with motion workshop and everything was easy to understand!

You got the software MakMDB.exe, a subdirectory "motions" containing all .mi and .mc files. and MSchema that works a bit like the Sound Schema files but clearly more simple to read and understand! Then I just have to make sure everything is correctly written down in MSchema and then I double-click MakMDB.exe then I get my newmotdb!

(Sometimes the first time fail but the second is always a success)

Where is the harder part of the thing? You just have to put my Motion Schema files in your MSchema folder, modify your file Tags.moc and add at the last line Swiming 1 0 and Eel 0 2 !
    And It will works with any kind of version of your Motion Schema Files!

About the motiondb itself that I provide with my files. Perhaps I could send different motiondb versions, one for the enhanced, the vanilla T2 and the vanilla TG. (I got TDP too but Gold will works perfectly so it won't be necessary)

But for the tutorial I will not change my mind. MakMDB.exe have a doc file perfectly detailed!
    The lonely thing that I could understand would be the hardness to find it so I can provide it with a link if needed.

DromEd Archmage
    Hi, new models!

High Polys Bugbeast!

Not bug demon! I said bugbeast!! The green and official one!
    I must said... LGS did a conspiracy! (no pun) It claws were actually a graphical "bug" ! With low polys it was impossible to notice it but when I did increase the amount of polys, I saw something horrible! xD

Per chance, after an entire night of fighting, I did it!

Let's sit down and look at this video togather because I want you to see that I'm not lying:

And if you are interested, catch the stuff here:

http://download1485.mediafire.com/1u...c/BugBeast.rar

Enjoy!

I'm borrowing some of these models. Thanks for the hard work!

Those all look really great, Jordan! Very nice work! I only have one question: Why do you always die in your videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Those all look really great, Jordan! Very nice work! I only have one question: Why do you always die in your videos?
    He's like the Sean Bean of Thief modeling.

What's the polycount of your new creatures?

DromEd Archmage
    @Pinkdot: To be honnest. I don't count! :P
    I just add more polys then when I'm happy with the final shape, I save, convert and publish.
    My goal is to reach or trespass a quality equal or better than T2 models.

You are a pioneer of the really very high polys models and detailed motions and I think I understand what you mean:

Why don't I make sure it trespass to get something very High detailed?
    Because T2 is an old game and doing a model too High Polys may fit no more with the game unless the HD textures that we can incorpore since newdark.
    Moreover, more polys you add and more you can be in trouble during the conversion because of the "planes" that limit the different members for motions.

Keep in mind that moving it just a little cubic unit can mess everything up! And worst: sometimes the conversion will be fine but when you will test the model in game mode... surprise! I just can't count the times when my models were completely athrophied, leviting over the ground at 90 degrees!
    This is not a easy mission, trust me!

@Tannar: Because I'm masochistic and you like to see me dying of course! lol

Seriously: It is just because I test it with no fake! Only my sword and the ennemies. It's to show you how it can be hard to kill these creatures in some situation if you are not sneaking.
    Last edited by FireMage; 17th Nov 2015 at 15:22.

Don't even know how interesting it would be, but it'd be a resource all the same. Has anyone tried recreating the original design for the mechanist robots? It can be seen in the briefing/icon for the T2 demo. They're humanoid with large, cylindrical heads. I *think* the head texture is still in the files too, (mesh.crf\txt16\CLOCKEYE.GIF looks like it).

There are unusued conversations alluding to them (one cut convo from Running Interference mentions the mechanist robots look like people, with arms and faces, which seems to imply they're a bit more humanoid than the final products).

Just out of interest, I don't see much about these guys!

DromEd Archmage
    Interesting...

I'll check in web looking for more information about these bots. If I find more stuff I will try to do something perhaps.
    The picture in the brief of T2 demo is pretty good but If an official artwork exist it must be even better!

Thank you for this information TriangleTooth!

Just my input, It would be great to see rising or swirling around bubbles in the eye piece like as seen in other briefings featuring the bots we came to see.

DromEd Archmage
    Sorry dude but this is the wrong thread for such a request! xD

I work with models that was planned but not made by LGS or too low polys to fit with T2.

You can although ask some texture expert to do that in their mod or just for you or/and the community! This is just an animated texture named Furn_ to change after all! B)

As I said all my textures are based and as close as possible to T2 LGS style and people are free to replace them with better texture because I'm not good at making texture, I swear it! xD

T2 LGS style
    It is not a request, I just said it would be cool to see. Since animations are easy enough, why not. The boiler eye looks to work this way in all the bots. I was extrapolating from what made it into the game. You're going to have a huge eye, this would have just made sense imo. Oh well.
    https://youtu.be/iUxsgmJv-2c?t=42

No link, but Garrett fills his eye with blue liquid in the first thief2 cut scene.

Yo!

Back to work!
    A new video of mine! I have finally finished the new highpolys craymen and their famous antenna that they might have on their head according to the artworks.
    For the craybeast, I have enjoyed myself by adding something special with it antenna... I won't say more, the video will show it!

You can get the craymen here!
    Enjoy it! ^^

Note: I failed with the craybeast dimension, normaly, the craybeast of the maw is bigger than the regular-one. But, thanks to newdark and the scale creature option, with 1.1, everything is fixed
    If you manage to use it to play "Thief: The dark project" with mulitpolys models, do not forget that you must rename the bin and the cal of my files and give them the name of the old model files (that you can check thanks to Dromed ) to replace them in-game!
    The link here for the craymen/beasts doesn't work for me. Is there an alternate link?

Thanks.

DromEd Archmage

Work in progress

Hey folks !

Back on this thread to show some news on my quest !
    This cursed cobraman has been finaly cured from his paraplegia :

So at the moment nothing but this short demo because the cobraman need some custom motions to works better.
    I'll publish everything once it will be done !

Enjoy !

Sorry for the sound, Fraps did some mess for some reasons.

Yes! I was expecting for this project to be back alive for a while!

DromEd Archmage
    Of course Max !
    This quest was not over, and now, I just finished dealing with one of my most important foe... The cobraman !

Yeehaa, as usual, the traditional video is there :

And the most important thing, the mesh : http://download1080.mediafire.com/83...c/CobraMan.zip

Enjoy !

Quick note : No custom motion are required to make it working properly !
    I did some accurate changes and editions on the model then all vanilla biped motion works on the cobraman in a good way.
    I won't confuse you with technical words but just think that any of biped motionsets (guards, mages, servant, hammerite, bugbeast, etc) will works on the cobraman, always with it snake-like posure.

any of biped motionsets (guards, mages, servant, hammerite, bugbeast, etc) will works on the cobraman
    Bugbeast is a different type of skeleton (more joints in arms). Does that mean that dark engine allows to mix and match motions designed for different creatures?

DromEd Archmage
    Yes It does with bugbeast !
    Because bugbeast actually got the same amount of joint in arm, they just have different name. Unlike craymen who really got more joints making the stuff uncompatible.
    But it works, I tested it already

Very cool!

Awesome work, Jordan!

DromEd Archmage
    Thank you very much fellows !
    It was time to come back to it once again !

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast