TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LGS's Forgotten Creatures Project

DromEd Archmage

LGS's Forgotten Creatures Project

Hello my Fellows!

I saw a video about many creatures that LGS wanted to put in Thief's World but which have been finally removed for some reasons...
    Then, I, Firemage, has suddenly get a kind of pulsion: To create these creatures! For Thief, For LGS AND FOR YOU!! ^^

Creatures made:

-Cobraman
    -Sweel (or sewer Eel)
    -Sweel Version 2
    -Flying Apparition
    -Albinos Spider
    -High Polys Constantine's guards and monkeys
    -Constantine's Guards and monkeys V2
    -Spiderdemon
    -Original Bug Beast
    -Old Zombies Pack
    -Old Forgotten Guards
    -High Polys Craymen and their antenna
    -Oger
    -New Hammerites Kit (Dressed Priest, Heavy Hammerite and Arbalester)
    -Ramirez and his guards
    -High Polys 'Official' Bugbeast

Forgotten Creatures made by other fans:

-LarryG's Armored Skeleton
    -Dark Arrow's Ogers

---------------
    Problems with links?
    Mirror available here with all models:

http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...es_project.zip

Many thanks to Zoro and Clearing for this!

Because I found the time (ouf! That's rare these days because of my studies ^^"), I have started with my first challenge in that mission: The cobraman!

This Version of the Cobraman is Obsolete however I'll keep it here in case you liked it for some reason ! Get the newest version via the like in the list above !

Here how it work for the moment!
    All details are in the video description:

Have a nice movie!

Anthrophied Cobra available:

http://download1478.mediafire.com/y7...mesh_cobra.zip

Additionnal note:

-Because me and Gigagooga havn't find (yet) an issue to fix it, I have decided to publish the athorphied version (the cobra shown in the video).
    It use the Treebeast motion... I must warn you, there is a dead animation which show it in a curious pose... - -''
    Updates may happen... but for the moment, nothing is sure so... I cannot make any promises about it...
    Last edited by FireMage; 18th Nov 2017 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    -I had some problems with the motions for unknown reason, all helps are welcome! At least for the arms... :/
    You mean you have the motion files for it already, but didn't get them to work?

Very cool idea!

The sweel is one that I've often wished for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	207px-Sweel_Sketch.JPG 
Views:	386 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	1928

From The Dark Wiki
    he sweel is an aquatic creature that was never implemented into the Thief universe. In early concept sketches, it has the appearance of a very long-bodied rodent with large whiskers and tiny limbs. The name is derived from the root eel, while "sw" may be an abbreviation for sewer. The design was apparently rejected very early in development and has no known mesh data or sound files. Some attempts have been made to create a usable sweel for fan missions, but with limited effectiveness
    also ref. Sweels Live! (sort of) started by Shadowspawn

Given the lack of motions, it may be possible that it was intended to be a submerged variant of the rat, and animated via models tweqs. I don't know, but having an aquatic denizen to avoid would be great!

Southquarter.com/fms
    This thread likely was initiated because of these videos that were posted over in ThiefGen, so I'll post them here too:

Southquarter.com/fms

I definately want there to be a ghoul just like the one in the ghoul video! Please make it
    It just looks so spooky and would work well in a horror mission, actually it was intended to be in one of the unreleased thief 2 gold missions "Waking The Dead" but it never got to be finished which is a shame but it would be great if you could recreate the ghouls model and motions from that video

DromEd Archmage
    Hi! ^^

So:

My motion problem: I havn't made my custom motions yet. The cobra's problem is the next: Arms and Tail are "Athrophied", it steel refuse to be affected by movement... That do that weird effect of flying beast.... At least, I don't mind if I can't resolve the tail problem, it is not so shocking, but the arms need to work...
    I'll try my best to resolve it!

About the sweel, when I saw it, I immeditely notice one thing: It texture is the current texture used for the rat! Just look at it, you'll see!
    I have an idea to create it with success... I just have to do some test on it... hmm... (Cross fingers ^^)

SneakyGuy: I don't need to work about these two creature: they EXIST in your mesh.crf!!! Only their motions need to be created. But it will be very hard to do so, I'll surely do it once I'll finish all the other creature first! Motions are too hard to build... :/

Their name: ghoul01.bin ghoul02.bin and skelo1.bin

^^

Once I'll make cobra's arm working, I'll do some custom motion/voice/footsteps for it.
    Then, I'll do the spiderdemon...(Very challenging, is anybody here who tried to create a guard with four arms? Because that's what I'll try to do! XD)
    And, the Sweel!

Then... Outch... "The blur"... I'll send a special thanks to newdark because according to it concept art... It is supposed to be like a cameleon... That will be very hard... But with material, that should do it...

Desperately dodgy geezer
    SneakyGuy: I don't need to work about these two creature: they EXIST in your mesh.crf!!! Only their motions need to be created. But it will be very hard to do so, I'll surely do it once I'll finish all the other creature first! Motions are too hard to build... :/

Their name: ghoul01.bin ghoul02.bin and skelo1.bin
    Those files are not in my mesh.crf, if they're in yours perhaps they were only in the European release of T2? Could you upload them if you have them? We need the .cal files with the same names too if they're there.

DromEd Archmage
    You don't have it? Incredible!!

Okay, I'll send you the file

EDIT: HWG: http://download1654.mediafire.com/o6...3dtf6/mesh.zip

EDIT2: Yandros: A little hint from me who tried everything (XD) If you have a "Biped" creature, using another "Biped" creature's cal file will work! ^^
    For exemple: If you take a guard's .cal file, that you change the name for a "cal file"-less servant model, it will work perfectly!
    Last edited by FireMage; 24th Mar 2014 at 18:59.

Curiouser and curiouser, they aren't in my UK version of mesh.crf

DromEd Archmage
    I have a CD collector version. Dromed and all unstripped mission are in the disc. Is it because of this? I don't know! But fortunately, thanks to this, now, everybody is able to get these meshes!

Please, Mirror the Zip! I'm sure that many people will be fond of it now! ^^

Desperately dodgy geezer
    I'll mirror it up on my site later tonight, bundled with some renamed .cal files so people don't have to do that themselves. Now if we can eventually get the motions, or similar ones, it will be even better. Thanks Jordan!

About the sweel, when I saw it, I immeditely notice one thing: It texture is the current texture used for the rat! Just look at it, you'll see!
    I have an idea to create it with success... I just have to do some test on it... hmm... (Cross fingers ^^)
    What?? You have a Sweel bin also?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    It sounds like the devs cleaned off their hard drives for the Collector's Edition! I'm going to have to try and find it somewhere.

Anyway, the archive Jordan put up already has .e and .cal files in it for the skeleton and both ghoul meshes, which is awesome! I'm going to try them out tonight with various actor tags. I'm hosting it here: http://www.wearytaffer.com/storage/o...houl_Skele.zip

EDIT
    I just checked out the skeleton in game, and while it's cool, it's not nearly as hi poly or nice looking as the animation in the video, which was probably done in Max. If any modelers want to improve the mesh and/or texture, I'll be happy to host it. Same goes for the ghouls.
    Last edited by Yandros; 24th Mar 2014 at 22:45.

I was thinking about adding an armored skeleton to my hi-poly skeleton AI collection. I'll take a look and see if I can do something that looks sort of like the LGS but with more details. Were there special motions for them? The video makes it seem so.

Desperately dodgy geezer
    No, Jordan's package contained no motion schemas or files. Looking again at the animations in the video, I suspect that was all rendered in Max or some other program, so the motions shown in the video might never have existed in Dark format.

I've looked at the ghouls now, and the UV mapping is a complete mess. They're pretty much unusable without some tweaks, or probably a complete redo. The head looks OK but the body is all wrong.

Southquarter.com/fms
    It would be interesting to scour that disk some more and see if there's any other goodies on there. The ghoul was supposed to be for Thief 2 Gold, so there might be other T2G assets on there.

Edit: Firemage, I couldn't find a Thief "Collector's CD" - do you possibly mean the Thief Collection, that includes the first 3 thief games in one package?
    Last edited by Brethren; 25th Mar 2014 at 00:32.

DromEd Archmage
    Perhaps the two creatures in the video have been improved for the show... Or that my disk contain their old versions...

My disk is classed "Premier Collection" I don't know if there is an english version of such thing or if it is typically french.
    I looked at many things in the goodies, but no motions... :/ I saw that in motion.crf, there a VERY LARGE AMOUNT of unused motions, I don't know if these motions exist in it... And as Yandros, seeing how the light and the motion are HD, I suspect this video to have been made with 3DSmax... Even if we could "rebuild" these motions by observing them from the video... but it won't be easy if there is nobody to fix Motion Workshop... The mannequin show the Torso, the head and the legs position correctly, but arm's positions are not correctly shown that force the users to imagine how that could be in game...

I'll try my best, don't worry!

About my Cobraman, I'm in a deadend... if I touch something, everything become ugly... So... hehe... I think that I'll keep it like this... but if someone is volunteer to help me... I'll send him the 3DS file for investigations, I just want the arms working better !! ^^"

Because I noticed that more people want it, I'm working on the Sweel model!! Be patient for the video, because it will need some motion to do (It's an eerl after all)

The mannequin show the Torso, the head and the legs position correctly, but arm's positions are not correctly shown that force the users to imagine how that could be in game...
    Just test the motion often in DromEd, problem solved :P

I wonder would it work if cobraman was just normal human shape model with those hands, head and texture. Then just make the motion file to "blend" thighs, shins and feet together to look like it had tail?

ZylonBane
    Anyone ever done anything with the unused AI from the T1 Blooper Reel mission?

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Anyone ever done anything with the unused AI from the T1 Blooper Reel mission?
    Which one? The Bug Demon? If so, it was used in a Thief Gold fan mission named "UFO" by JIS.

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by gigagooga View Post
    Just test the motion often in DromEd, problem solved :P

I wonder would it work if cobraman was just normal human shape model with those hands, head and texture. Then just make the motion file to "blend" thighs, shins and feet together to look like it had tail?
    that's what I wanted to do But alas, everything is considered as a "butt part". I tried to recreate everything to fix it, but I get an abomination so... XD I prefered to touch nothing...

But, I think the best will be to send you the 3DS to check it with your own eyes! ^^ Perhaps you will be better than me!
    Because I don't want people to misunderstand and think that the cobraman is released, I'll send you the file via pm tomorrow!

EDIT: I missed that post:
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    What?? You have a Sweel bin also?
    I'm creating it. Texturing it is a horrible task XD I'll try my best, but I think that somebody need to work on it behind me... lol
    But it steel will be a good base. If I create it motions, it will become THE perfect base! ^^
    Last edited by FireMage; 25th Mar 2014 at 20:54.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Whipped up a quick vid to show what these look like in-game. Pretty obvious, but I used ape beasts for the Ghouls and a haunt for the Skeleton. The Ghouls definitely need some work:

I could really use the Ghouls for Waking The Dead if anyone's up to fixing them.

Does the engine have creature types for all the models you want to add?

DromEd Archmage
    Nope, but you can cheat ^^

Here, the sweel to show you that everything is possible if you know how to do it! XD

Yeah, I made the sweel and it is operationnal, I just need to create it motions and it's done

Careful, because now, it could happen to you!

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast