TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: Thief 3 Gold - Public beta test (TDS Spoilers ahead, obviously!)

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    But otherwise I should be fine with starting to actually add new stuff.
    How about a final round of testing for the de-tutorialized map? Maybe in play-as-an-FM format to make it easier to test.

I believe I can alter these things with the properties of the info actors. However, for T3G I don't want to change them at all because they ideally apply to the whole game. So if there is a mod to tweak difficulty and secondary goals (like the Minimalist Project did), it should always be possible to switch that on or off via the Sneaky Upgrade—which doesn't work if I hard-code it into the missions. However, I removed the tutorial elements from all difficulty levels but EASY by using exactly the dif_curdifficulty integer.
    Beleg, you should rewrite every difficulty scripts (made NEW ONES with "copy script") with the "dif_curdifficulty" integer, it will work like a charm
    Just made a copy, rename it to original name+gold, or whatever name, then replace the original ones with the customs. I also reworked the inn, and for me, its working, I just havent add secondary objectives and other stuffs (because Im currently texturing), but I will. If u still have problems, pm me, and we rework the script you need together.
    Last edited by chopin42; 22nd Oct 2016 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    How about a final round of testing for the de-tutorialized map? Maybe in play-as-an-FM format to make it easier to test.
    Well, if you guys can do with a version which has to be copied into the T3G folder of Sneaky Upgrade's ProgramData, here you are. I'm not sure if I have already fixed the statistics for Normal/Hard/Expert being carried over to the rest of the game instead of being cleared before Rutherford Castle, but I'm too lazy to check right now. If you want, try not copying the Conversations folder first and see if it crashes.

Could there be a version in the future where you could choose a custom installation folder for the Sneaky Upgrade? People with SSD's try to conserve all space on their OS drives. And you know, because fascism is bad.

Sneaky Upgrader
    here you are.
    Thanks - but the entry map is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by DiMarzio View Post
    Could there be a version in the future where you could choose a custom installation folder for the Sneaky Upgrade? People with SSD's try to conserve all space on their OS drives. And you know, because fascism is bad.
    You can already choose custom paths for the stuff that counts - installed mods and FMs. The installer has a "customize paths" option for that but you must manually move anything you have installed and want to keep.

Thanks - but the entry map is missing?
    Sorry, totally forgot that this one's still needed. Fixed, 7z file is updated.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Was just about to post this:

"Copied in the previous Entry.gmp, assuming no changes. Did a quick play-through on Hard. Only thing to report is that you get the new 'get back to where you started' objective twice if you first go to where the mission would normally end and then leave through the hatch. (Do you want to fix that before I pack it up in FM form and plug it in the SU thread? )

A couple of questions: The files in the Conversations\Database folder are apparently not loaded by the game - maybe they're not necessary? The InnObjectives_005000.sch file was not loaded either. If it's the original objective then it shouldn't be necessary to include it? (Also, the text entry for English is in German in that file...)"

Is there anything new in Entry.gmp that would change this? If so, I'll redo the test.

Only thing to report is that you get the new 'get back to where you started' objective twice if you first go to where the mission would normally end and then leave through the hatch. (Do you want to fix that before I pack it up in FM form and plug it in the SU thread? )
    I couldn't reproduce that. The script in both places only fires if the new final goal isn't visible yet (and then it sets it to "pending" so that the condition of the second script is never fulfilled). So if you trigger it once and then go to the other volume, I can only imagine something else re-setting the final goal. However, I should know if I installed something like that. Do you know what exactly you have done?
    A couple of questions: The files in the Conversations\Database folder are apparently not loaded by the game - maybe they're not necessary? The InnObjectives_005000.sch file was not loaded either. If it's the original objective then it shouldn't be necessary to include it? (Also, the text entry for English is in German in that file...)"
    The two schema files were created by the game; I included the old one because I expected the game to use it. If it doesn't—I'm fine with leaving it out. Same goes for the baked conversation files. Don't know what exactly they do. Usually you're supposed to include them with an FM. I'm not sure when I last modified the Entry map. However, the one goal issue you mentioned could be caused by having an old Entry map.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Don't know what I did wrong (twice) yesterday but today I can't reproduce it either.

Here's the 'FM' version including the new entry file.

One small issue: When you first go to the small area outside the inn where the original mission ends, then you get Garrett's "close one - but I still got the goods" comment even if you don't yet have the purse.

Fixed, thanks for pointing it out. Files have been updated, also, there is an unr file of the current version on the server: Inn_tutorial_on_EASY_only.unr

Sneaky Upgrader
    OK, I'll update the 'FM' tomorrow as well.

Edit: Updated.
    Last edited by snobel; 7th Nov 2016 at 06:51.

I just did some testing and noticed that the goals don't trigger correctly when the Conversations folder is not included. So the game does use them after all. Can you update the file again, please?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Sure - but it's not the Conversations folder that was left out, it's the Database folder inside it. (The Inn.con file is definitely needed.) Are you sure the Database folder is necessary? The goals did tick off correctly for me.

You're right, the *.con file is enough. Good to be sure, though. Now I will have a look at the stats again, to make sure any non-tutorial playthrough of the Inn is added to the overall statistics.

Polish signs

Hi

After activation of Thief 3 Gold all Polish signs like ś ć ł ą ę are not displayed correctly. It makes game difficult to play because it affects books, loading screens, menu, subtitles - every tekst in the game. Only way is to disable this mod in sneaky tweaker but i really want to use it.
    Is there a method to fix this?

Regards
    Piotr

Sneaky Upgrader
    You have to copy the Polish font textures (Papyrus_21.dds, VTCGoblinHand_18.dds) and accompanying .cel files into the T3G mod. If the textures are in your PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded folder for the game, copy them into the same folder in the T3G mod - probably in C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Thief 3 Gold\... The .cel files of the same names are in the Fonts folder next to DynamicallyLoaded. Create a PCTextures\Fonts folder in T3G and copy them there.

Edit: You may also want to rename the Books folder in the T3G mod. That should reinstate the Polish versions of loading quotes and mission names. (At the expense of the improved formatting of the loading quotes. The changed mission names are not really necessary now that T3G saves are kept separate from the orig saves.)
    Last edited by snobel; 21st Nov 2016 at 01:23.

You have to copy the Polish font textures (Papyrus_21.dds, VTCGoblinHand_18.dds) and accompanying .cel files into the T3G mod. If the textures are in your PCTextures\DynamicallyLoaded folder for the game, copy them into the same folder in the T3G mod - probably in C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Thief 3 Gold\... The .cel files of the same names are in the Fonts folder next to DynamicallyLoaded. Create a PCTextures\Fonts folder in T3G and copy them there.

Edit: You may also want to rename the Books folder in the T3G mod. That should reinstate the Polish versions of loading quotes and mission names. (At the expense of the improved formatting of the loading quotes. The changed mission names are not really necessary now that T3G saves are kept separate from the orig saves.)
    Thank you so much it worked!

Gameplay question to you all!

Trying to make the Inn mission a fully-fledged mission on difficulty levels Normal and up made me check how the game handles statistics, like how often the player was detected, how many AIs were knocked out etc. While it was easy to fix this for the Inn mission (which means that being spotted by a guard on Easy/tutorial mode will not get you a record but on Normal and up it will), I also found that apparently non-combat AIs like servants do not contribute to the statistics unless they are killed or they trigger the breach of a don't kill/blackjack non-combatants goal. In fact blackjacking them doesn't seem to be counted either.

I would like to ask you whether or not you deem it necessary to fix this by adding "civil" player detections to the overall statistics. In order to avoid changing the GameSys which would collide with other mods administered by the Sneaky Upgrade, I would probably have to re-write one of the scripts attached to the non-combatant archetype which currently makes the mission fail if the AI is killed or blackjacked (although this can only work if the corresponding goal is initiated, in vanilla T3 this should be the no civilian casualties goal on Expert). By changing one script, probably the don't blackjack non-combatants one (note to myself: TS_106) because it isn't used by the game) I would only have to re-compile all the map files. The more elaborate way would be to add these scripts manually to all affected AIs.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 10th Dec 2016 at 15:14.

Sneaky Upgrader
    You probably don't have to recompile the maps. If a changed script is present in the mod's Triggerscripts\DynamicallyLoaded folder it will override a script of the same name/number in the IBT files. (Minimalist Project has external scripts, although I think those are custom scripts and not modified originals.)

That way it can also be made optional, which means there's no reason not to provide that feature if it can be made to work reliably.

Thanks for your work on this mod!

I've been playing Thief III Sneaky Upgrade and have Thief 3 Gold as one of the active mods. I've noticed the Landlord Blackmail loot is only present the first day. I've made it to day 6 now and not seen the loot since.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112