TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Exile (Being Thief 2) v1.2 - UPDATED 11/04/2014.

Thanks Sensut! I found that clue parchment but could not figure out where it can be used. Now I'm at 11865 loot, still have about 2000 to find...

I'm hoping eventually someone will throw a couple of hints my way about some well-hidden loot. Those last pieces must be hidden in some diabolically obscure places because I thought I was extra careful to look everywhere. Is there some mechanism that can be activated with the fire arrows for instance? Because I found it a bit odd that there was one single pickup of fire arrows in the entire mission (that I found...), which got me wondering if these unique fire arrows have a special role somewhere...?

Also, how do I open the long window/door that leads to the submarine bay?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Playing on Expert and loading from FM Sel, BTW.
    As I said in my pm, if you want to send me a savegame then I can do that bit for you and also tell you what it was you would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    Also, how do I open the long window/door that leads to the submarine bay?
    For that, you need to find a key that's in the submarine bay which you access via an elevator on the ground/1st floor of the Mech building - where the bots are. But you need the first BCOK objective before you can get this. For loot, there is a lootlist in the zip - hints are really difficult with this.

i need a bit of help with mission 1 where is nanna and how do i access bank?
    Last edited by downwinder; 6th Apr 2014 at 16:38.

You have to do a lot of exploring to find everything in this mission so make sure you don't give up too quickly.

Nanna - Have you been to the Detective's apartment, over the Bank? Have you been to Titil's apartment and read her diary? You need to do these things to get the information you need to complete this quest.

Bank - You get in from the sewers under either the condo basement or the grocery basement.

There is a note that tells you where to look for the paintings.

BIG SPOILER: Painting locations
    #1 - hotel office, beside the safe
    #2 - bakery attic
    #3 - Dibel's apartment (Enter through a window from a pipe across from the rooftop with the machinery enclosure.)
    #4 - Dudra Sister's Apartment (Above the market)
    #5 - Warehouse office (from ledges accessed by scaffolding near the Mech front gate.)

Looking at the lootlist it turns out the optional objective equals max loot Figures, that's why it's optional I guess (although if it were up to me, I would definitely give at least some minimal leeway for any loot objective, optional or not). Oh well, I decided those last bits of change weren't worth the bother. I think I did pretty well for myself. Thanks anyway!

Gone on to mission 2 in the meantime, but I have no clue as to where I am supposed to find info for the first objective. I think I've been everywhere that's still accessible by now... Hints?

Edit: found my way onto the ship! Nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by poronty View Post
    My game crashed once at about the same spot, it happened when I turned a corner and got a distant view of the mechanist library; I assumed it must have been because my line of vision extended too far and this may have been too tasking for the game for some reason. So I tried to approach the library going sideways and backwards so as not to look in that direction, and that got me past the crash spot... just thought this might help.
    I just managed to get past the desk and into the library on the right, and the game crashed again. Sadly I think I will have to abandon this mission.

Man, that was great! 4 hours on a Sunday morning well spent. Thanks Sensut!

mission 1 is alot of fun but loot is a bit to hard to complete,will do mission 2 when i wake up later havent found dewdrop yet 6/10 secrets on mission 1 and i got a bit over 12k+ loot
    Last edited by downwinder; 6th Apr 2014 at 17:22.

question about mission 1 when i found and put nanna necklace in the box in shed it did not tick off objective when the others did,i am taking it either i did not find nanna or it a glitched objective? please let me know

ok finished mission 2

over all mission 1 is where all the meat is,but mission 2 was a nice departure for mission,amazing job,now to go back and find the rest of the secrets and loot if i can
    Last edited by downwinder; 7th Apr 2014 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    question about mission 1 when i found and put nanna necklace in the box in shed it did not tick off objective when the others did,i am taking it either i did not find nanna or it a glitched objective? please let me know
    You need to put in the box the scrollcase too (evidence about nanna).

@ Marbrien: I'm sorry for your problem, but it's not from the mission. You need to take a look on your Thief install and make sure that you have New Dark 1.21, you use FM Selector and which patches are installed. I can't guarantee anything if any of the patches are installed, like the full Tafferpatcher or EP. In the old days was easy to reconginze a crash source, but today with New Dark there are hundred of issues that may happen.
    Last edited by Sensut; 7th Apr 2014 at 02:19.

ty sensut,now i just need to figure out the secrets i missed and some loot,such a big mission looks like its time for a frob fest :P

also if anyone has list of secrets please post in spoilers as i am missing 4 and cant remember all the ones i found so far

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    ty sensut,now i just need to figure out the secrets i missed and some loot,such a big mission looks like its time for a frob fest :P

also if anyone has list of secrets please post in spoilers as i am missing 4 and cant remember all the ones i found so far

There is a lootlist included in the zip.

at last thank you Sensut.

Please, need help with mission 1

Whent to the room above the bank.
    In the room across the church yard found the diary.
    Have the key from the diary.
    Went in the sewers and found the note on a shelf about not abducting rich women.
    How do i find docter Steins lab, where do i go next to find anna ?

The diary tells you that the Mechanists took Nanna so you need to go to the Mech area and explore there.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    The diary tells you that the Mechanists took Nanna so you need to go to the Mech area and explore there.
    Thanks.
    How do i get inside.

Managed to disable the force field, but have no key for any of the 3 doors.
    Is there another path to get inside ?
    I assume this is the mech area.

Yes, there's another way in. Have a look round the garden next to the pigeon coops.

Ah, excellent. A new series of Thief missions to play! Downloading And just when I feared that people had stopped building missions in DromED, considering the drought of new missions lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
    Ah, excellent. A new series of Thief missions to play! Downloading And just when I feared that people had stopped building missions in DromED, considering the drought of new missions lately.
    There are still some FMs in development right now AFAIK.

This Being Thief got some new ideas again. I like it alot.
    Last edited by Mischievous Taffer; 7th Apr 2014 at 07:48.

Just finished But i didn't find all the loot or secrets in the first mission so i'll have to get back to it at some point Safe to say it was an awesome experience!

i would like to thank sensut for making this mission,even though i never found dewdrop

i would like to point out one part of mission i liked alot in lower port on mission 1 there is a group of people dancing and one was in a thief shirt and music was thief 1,when i looked at the npc i was like i wonder if this is sensut in game form?

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    Just finished But i didn't find all the loot or secrets in the first mission so i'll have to get back to it at some point Safe to say it was an awesome experience!
    If you play on Normal, you get an infinite number of slowfall potions which gives a lot of extra fun!

Major props for this one Sensut.

Thank You, thank you, and thanks again, Sensut!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast