TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Exile (Being Thief 2) v1.2 - UPDATED 11/04/2014.

Thank you Sensut, playing the first mission now, and enjoying it immensely!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Yes, yes, I see. Sorry! I thought a readale, but is an object. I don't know what is for, but there is Anyway I don't understand what may cause only at you, I'm checking it.
    Cattamer's solution also cured the 'game freezing near the library' problem for me.

Didn't a similar issue arise in "Lost In The Far Edges", where the wrongly sized textures on a crate caused crashes in some systems but not others? Perhaps there is a pattern here.

Some parts of this mission are really dark. Even areas on the street can seem pitch-black at normal gamma settings. Assuming this is normal and a design decision.

I didn't find it overly dark at all. I presume you've already tried adjusting your gamma in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I didn't find it overly dark at all. I presume you've already tried adjusting your gamma in the game?
    Yes, adjusting the gamma works -- but it makes the already lit sections too bright in comparison.. I guess I'll just have to find the right balance.

Are there any lanterns or flares to be found?

I am stuck on Mission 1, with with the library safe. I have the clues and the picture of the machine shop where the gear is stored. Where is this machine shop exactly? I have all objectives done, even the optional ones, but do not want to go back to the beginning to end this until I get my loot. Please let me know where I can find this place. I have been playing for over 7 hours (yes, I am slow today...) and have never , ever, ever, seen a machine shop with an electric motor and leather belts all around Maybe I went there a long time ago, but I cannot find this at all. It's time to walk away before I get an embolism

BTW - great game! I usually breeze through FMs, but this one is a challenge. Playing on expert. Really taking my sweat time on this one and attempting not to miss anything. I hope mission 2 is as good as 1. Thanks in advance for the clue where the machine shop with the gear is . I hope the clue is blatant I'll pick this up tomorrow. Cheers!

elkston - I remember a couple of flares down in the sewer. The exit that leads up to the City Watch grounds.

bjack - You're on the right track, almost. Don't look for the place in the picture. Look for the picture itself!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I just noticed the southquarter link leads to a 48 Mb file, there's a problem somewhere.
    Yes, I downloaded from SQ and it's only 48MB and is an invalid ZIP file. Needs reupped.

Looking all over in the Mech Library for a hidden security camera switch. Am I missing something or did I miss understand the note on the wall?

I am still laughing at the girl barfing in the toilet. That was the funniest thing ever put in an FM.

Look along the bookshelves closest to the female.

Oops, Southquarter has a corrupt zip! Brethren, please update it, or would be better to wait for the updtated version which will be available soon.

The water problem is caused by the different number of texture frames used in the FM than Tafferpatcher has, and the plus frames are infiltrating from the patch. Unfortunatelly I can't fix it, the improved water must be disabled in Tafferpatcher during this game.

@Marbrien: I'm glad that it helped, there will be an update soon.

d. 2014
    where is this pipe I need to walk on to get into mech hqI am running around in circles

If you stand outside the start area, in the street, and look west and slightly upwards, you'll see a garden with trees. Have a look there.

I'm getting quite confused with the paintings..... I found some of them, but no one highlights so that I can take them. What is the thing that triggers this?

There are 5 specific paintings. You've read the job description and taken the money? There's a map in the zip showing the locations if you want to check you're looking at the right pictures.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    If you stand outside the start area, in the street, and look west and slightly upwards, you'll see a garden with trees. Have a look there.
    what am I looking for,all I see is the condo

You're not looking west. (I didn't realise you can't see the garden from ground level) Come out and turn left, walk forwards a bit and look up and you'll have the shed area on your left, a lamp post straight ahead and you can see the sign to Westport a bit further on. You need to get up above the Westport sign and move to the left of that and that's where you'll find the garden.

It seems I hadn't got any of the money from the shed......
    Now I'm in the sewer and opened the door with the gear key. In side a greeny thing with a note concerning gas and, behind a machinery, another room where I can't proceed due to the machinery blocking the passage..... what am I missing???

Now you've taken the money, you have to finish the jobs or Sensut will hunt you down and take it back.

It's a little tricky but you can mantle over that machinery.

Tricky indeed, Nickie!!!! But now I cannot jump back....

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You're not looking west. (I didn't realise you can't see the garden from ground level) Come out and turn left, walk forwards a bit and look up and you'll have the shed area on your left, a lamp post straight ahead and you can see the sign to Westport a bit further on. You need to get up above the Westport sign and move to the left of that and that's where you'll find the garden.
    thankyou nickie,I will do that

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Tricky indeed, Nickie!!!! But now I cannot jump back....
    Try mantling the pipe rather than the machine. I know it's quite difficult but it can be done. If you get too frustrated, send me a savegame.

Thanks Nickie! In the meanwhile I checked my cam_ext cfg file, and I enabled new mantling (I think that updating New dark reset the file) Then I could mantle like a breeze....

A wonderful mission, 4+ hours in the first mission and still plenty to do!!!!

Just I wanted to say enable new mantle .

OK, here is the updated version that fixes a wrong texture which caused crash at some players, and also contains a possible fix for water when using Tafferpatcher. This fix is not valid for the EP, so for the time being you must disable any EP versions which contains water improvement when playing this FM.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.1

If I might just clarify - Tafferpatcher itself doesn't cause the flickering textures but if you ticked the t2water box when installing using Tafferpatcher, then you may get the flicker when playing through Darkloader. I've tested this version and it's certainly fixed it for me.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast