TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Exile (Being Thief 2) v1.2 - UPDATED 11/04/2014.

If you remember where you went to get above the Westport sign, if you go north instead, you'll come to a metal fan (?) and a walkway above the bank balcony.

The lab key will come after you've been to the detective's place and after you go to Titil's place. There's a gear on the table outside the Library in the Mech building and general Mech key by the kitchen sink on the ground floor.

Help-need water arrows!

I'm unable to complete the pagan sign removal objective as I need just two more arrows. I think I had five to start with and have none left. I found the ones next to the church but find my self with 3 signs left and no water arrows. There must be some more somewhere. Yes?

Going on 4 hours so far and loving this mission. Thanks Sensut.
    Last edited by bobber; 11th Apr 2014 at 19:54. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    I'm unable to complete the pagan sign removal objective as I need just two more arrows. I think I had five to start with and have none left. I found the ones next to the church but find my self with 3 signs left and no water arrows. There must be some more somewhere. Yes?

Going on 4 hours so far and loving this mission. Thanks Sensut.
    There are crystals in the water in the lower port where the girl and guy sitting on the boat; in the library on the fireplace; below the church in the crypt, and in the water in the Mech hangar.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    If you remember where you went to get above the Westport sign, if you go north instead, you'll come to a metal fan (?) and a walkway above the bank balcony.

The lab key will come after you've been to the detective's place and after you go to Titil's place. There's a gear on the table outside the Library in the Mech building and general Mech key by the kitchen sink on the ground floor.
    thankyou nickie I already had one key,,i had missedthe small pipe you jump on before,when I was there before,, just one thing left to do the bcok info where ever that might be, the mech letter says they are moving it to westport where

Outright spoiler - the info is on the desk outside the library.

d. 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Outright spoiler - the info is on the desk outside the library.
    how could I miss that,i feel so stupid,it must be my week for getting stuck everywhere,,thankyou

We're just used to the idea that important things will always be well hidden. Something right under our noses is always harder to find, I think.

Okay. I'm left with one last thing in this incredible mission. I got a hammer key from cleaning out the church (the objective's not ticked off yet) and have no idea what to use it on. I haven't seen anyone asking about it, so I'm probably just dumb. Help?

No, someone else has asked - look at the statue in the middle.

Double derp then. Thank you.

Can't leave the bank

The mission has been great so far, but I have runt into a really big problem at the area in the bank where you get the Eye of the Beholder. I came in via the sewer from the Condominium building cellar. Switched off the gas valve. Jumped over the large machine with four pipes that was blocking the entry to the area with the safe containing the eye (a real pain in the ass that was). Grabbed the eye and ..... now I'm unable to leave because it is literally impossible to get over that machine from this side! I've even tried jumping on it using the slow fall potion. To no avail. Garrett refuses to grab the edge of the machine and to climb it and the other exit from the area is blocked with a metal grate. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I have no problem with it at all. Do you have new mantle enabled?

I found it difficult sometimes but found I could get over the pipe rather than the machine itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I have no problem with it at all. Do you have new mantle enabled?
    I have installed New Dark 1.21, and I think that new manting works in other parts of the mission - after mantling Garrett automatically crouches for a second. However, it doesn't seem to work with that blasted machine.

Should I enable something else? The relase notes of New Dark say something about an "optional new mantling algorithm with lower failure rate", but I haven't seen that option anywhere.

Nickie, I tried it, but there's no difference. Garrett just jumps up without attempting to mantle, just like with the machine itself.

Last edited by Empyrium; 21st Apr 2014 at 11:42.

And you've tried taking a step back. I don't know what to suggest but I'd be happy to have a go for you if you want to send me a savegame.

Edit. To enable new_mantle you need to go to the cam_ext.cfg in your T2 folder and remove the semi-colon in front of new_mantle which you'll find under 'game specific' near the end.

I followed your instructions, Nickie, and it works like a charm now.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Desperately dodgy geezer
    It's remarkable you got that far without it enabled!

I finished this morning and my only complaint is that mission 2 ended long before I made it to the Arctic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    It's remarkable you got that far without it enabled!

I finished this morning and my only complaint is that mission 2 ended long before I made it to the Arctic.
    Yeah! Let's see some cold in NewDark .

Awesome mission(s), Sensut !
    Despite the first map being really big and complicated (having to go vertically for some locations without any alternative route),
    I found that the setup was excellent and my in-game notes guided me fairly well.
    Finished the first mission with all objectives on Expert and 100% loot (without using DromED) in ~7 hours.
    The last 2500 were a pain in the ass, but it was not like I missed some locations in general... no, I simply had not scoured each place well enough.
    (Ok, I used The Tricksters Loot Locator and spent ~1 hour finding that remaining loot, but that doesn't really count as cheating, does it ? )

So, I really enjoyed that vast mission and the lots of exploring that it offers.

Looking forward to sneaking past polar bears - or penguins - or whatever !
    Last edited by gnartsch; 12th Apr 2014 at 18:25.

:)

After seriously working with Dromed for a few weeks now and seeing how big and complicated this is, you are either a dromed genius or completely insane...maybe both.

Your FM's are so good and so fun to play. I love them. This one is epic. Thank you.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Mirror for the new version: Exile (Being Thief 2) verison 1.2

(Old versions are still available too).

I am looking all over the Dudra Sisters area looking for an office behind a painting. I assume this is a secret and there is a switch somewhere that opens up to an office. Am I correct? Great mission I am on the second play through with loot list.

That's a bit confusing I guess. How about if it read office, behind painting ? Total spoiler: In the lower room, where the woman is in front of the fireplace, check around the desk for a small lever.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast