TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Exile (Being Thief 2) v1.2 - UPDATED 11/04/2014.

Thanks, I knew it was something easy. One of my brain dead moments.

Q. About 'Exile' and many other fms, what is it about the 'The 7th Crystal' that the opening screen of that fm appears as glass doors in so many other fms

Ta muchly....

Ps thanks Sensut for a brilliant Sunday afternoon.....what more could I ask for

I seem to be unable to complete Mission 2. I was able to board the ship and found a nice cubbyhole below deck to hide in but the mission will not end. Am I in the right area? There are also 2 large crates that open but I can't get in either of them.
    I hate to see this mission end.

It sounds like you may be in the wrong place. Are you on the ship that's in the harbour? If so, you need to head to the submarine which is inside the building in the Mechanist area.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    It sounds like you may be in the wrong place. Are you on the ship that's in the harbour? If so, you need to head to the submarine which is inside the building in the Mechanist area.
    Oh, yeah. Indeed I am at the wrong place. I'm glad I am so I have more to play in this mission! Thank you.

Great mission Sensut! Feeling proud of myself for making it through such a large mission without needing to refer back to the forum for answers. I especially liked the infinite slow fall potions. It was a lot of fun floating around the map. I think you did a superb job capturing the whole city built on top of a city on top of a city history of the umm.. well the city.

9/10 will bang on a higher difficulty.

hi..!! just passed by to say "Sensut, I love you!!!!!!!!!
    I am 6 and a half hours until now,(not straight up...in 3 evenings) taking my time, going everywere, jumbing from rooftop to roof top... have all the jobs but the bank (I will go, on time) I NEVER felt confused -lost, yes, but I loved it- and I just came here only now to find 2 more water arrows ...everything is falling in place easily and I love every single moment of the mission!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!

can't find nanna ... ok went to the room across from the church but couldn't find the diary which I am supposing has the lab key with it ... seems like I have been everywhere ... help please playing on normal and by the way phenomenal game sensut

If Nanna was in the shower, then you haven't been to the detective's apartment. You'll find that above the bank, round about where the 'k' in Bank is on your map. You need to go to the detective's first, before you can read the diary and get the key..

thanks nickie

Ghost
    Gaah! I still can't get into the bank.

I went through the Mech section, found Nanna, and picked up a gear. It didn't fit the gear-lock in the library in the Mech section, but it did fit the general security gear-lock, opening a couple of doors.

I thought it might open the gear-lock in the sewer near the bank, but it was still locked... and of course, having used the gear I had, I can't now retrieve it.

Is there another gear in the Mech section? I found only the one, on the desk of the fat servant outside the Mech library.

Dafydd

The gear for the bank can be found in the hotel in room A3. To find the gear for the safe in the Mech library, you need to have a good look at the clue on top of the bookcase - hint: painting not a place.

The gear you are looking for is in a room in the Hotel.

Well that was pretty much a tie, Nickie!

Ghost
    Thanks, "nickiewalker"! I got the gear and finished the commissioned quests.

Now I'm just going through the lootlist to find everything, just so I can check off the objective. Yeesh!

Dafydd

Ghost
    So how do I make sure I can get on the Cetus Amicus tomorrow? I haven't a clue.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    So how do I make sure I can get on the Cetus Amicus tomorrow? I haven't a clue.

Dafydd
    You got this objective when you looked at a book near the library in the mech area.

Go down that elevator by that book to the lowest level; this is the level with a kitchen and two dormitory areas. Go down the long hallway past the kitchen to the end. There should be an open door to a platform overlooking a giant pool. That platform is an elevator, flip the switch and go searching in this room.

Total spoiler: At the far end of this room is a window key and you'll be given another objective to unlock a window. Climb the nearby ladder to just below the roof and unlock the lock on the window. You'll pass through this window tomorrow (e.g. in the second mission).

If you find the AI too difficult, you can always swan dive into the big pool from this window after you unlock it. There was a switch by the key to unlock the bars in the pool, if you flipped this switch you can simply swim from the pool into the larger shipyards area and surface by the couple enjoying the sunset.

Hope this helps!

- prjames

Fantastic mission Sensut! So many things to do.

I'm afraid I have a problem though:
    I have taken all 5 paintings but my inventory shows only 4. I thought I may have done something daft, like reloaded before taking one, but I've been back and checked - and there are 5 empty frames.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Fantastic mission Sensut! So many things to do.

I'm afraid I have a problem though:
    I have taken all 5 paintings but my inventory shows only 4. I thought I may have done something daft, like reloaded before taking one, but I've been back and checked - and there are 5 empty frames.
    I have no idea, technically has no sense, but since the missions is quite complex anything can happen. If you tell me in detail what you did meanwhile maybe I can help .

EDIT: But make sure that you have not counted the one from the Mech gallery (secret). That's a loot painting, not an item! If you are you need to find the real 5th painting outside the Mech HQ!
    Last edited by Sensut; 18th Apr 2014 at 11:22.

EDIT: But make sure that you have not counted the one from the Mech gallery (secret). That's a loot painting, not an item! If you are you need to find the real 5th painting outside the Mech HQ!
    Doh! That's what I've done. I shall have to look for another one. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by prjames
    There should be an open door to a platform overlooking a giant pool.
    Ah, there's yer problem right there: There's a closed door to that platform; and I can't find how to open it!

Edit: Now I get it -- I should have gone down the west corridor, not the south.

(While I'm waiting, I'll go to the gallery and try to find that excess painting that the Mechs really don't need.... Ah ha, there's that artsy little taffer!)

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 18th Apr 2014 at 20:23.

SUPERB

As always Sensut!

I'm stuck. I've got the eye from the bank safe, but how do I get out of there? I can't jump over the generator back into the other room and I see no button or lever to open that gate.

A hint please!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    SUPERB

As always Sensut!

I'm stuck. I've got the eye from the bank safe, but how do I get out of there? I can't jump over the generator back into the other room and I see no button or lever to open that gate.

A hint please!

You have to go back over the generator. You do have new mantle on, right? (It's in cam_ext.cfg in your Thief2 folder; make sure there's no semicolon before the line new_mantle.)

Hope this helps!

- prjames

Fantastic mission, trying to find the Drudas sisters, can someone tell me where are the Drudas sisters are.appreciate the help.
    thank you
    Silent Warrior
    Last edited by Silent Warrior; 19th Apr 2014 at 18:53.

Finished! That was one fun FM! The woman puking in the toilet was really funny and then there was the hatch I opened and found the woman in the shower. Who knew Garrett could be such a peeping Tom!+

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast