TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Exile (Being Thief 2) v1.2 - UPDATED 11/04/2014.

Thank you so much Prjames IT WORKED!

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I have a bug or I did something wrong. I'm in the middle of the mission (some objectives are completed, some not), but when I return "home" (the starting place), the NO-KO objective fails. Also, I play the "old" version.

Finished ! IMHO, one of the best FMs to be released in recent times. Great job Sensut.

One question, I found a couple of guys in the market place didn't like the look of me and became a bit jumpy - I had to keep avoiding them or fail the mission.
    Was this intentional, or had I done something to upset them?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior View Post
    Fantastic mission, trying to find the Drudas sisters, can someone tell me where are the Drudas sisters are.appreciate the help.
    thank you
    Silent Warrior
    In the market area. The sisters live on the top level (access from balcony) and if you look at the map you can see the balcony just above the 'k' in Market.

Thank you my friend. Everyone have a blessed Easter.
    Silent Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I have a bug or I did something wrong. I'm in the middle of the mission (some objectives are completed, some not), but when I return "home" (the starting place), the NO-KO objective fails. Also, I play the "old" version.
    This looks interesting. I did some tricks to make the "Don't alert etc." objective completed at the end instead of "Inactive", and this issue may be a hole in this tricky process. I have to look for it, thanks.

@frobbin hood: just don't use any weapons publicly, avoid breaches of the peace and avoid the cops. So, don't do nothing just walk .

This is the most exciting, interesting game and I have been mesmerized almost 5 hrs. total (over several days)..and yet to finish one objective. Not complaining, just enjoying all the many places to explore. What a Game!

I am in an area reached by the sewer tunnel and it leads up into a machinery room with a lock..which I luckily had the key for..and a valve on a gas tank that can be turned off for 30 seconds. What, if anything, does this do when I turn the gas release valve? Looked, and can't find anything.
    Thanks for any help.

You're in the bank basement. Once you turn off that gas valve, you need to very quickly get into the next room by squeezing through an opening with a pipe running through it then mantling over a large machine. There's a safe over there that you need to get open before the gas resets itself.

Thank you NW. I have tried to mantle over that machinery without success. Will try again. Thought that may be where I have to go.

Thanks for taking the time to answer on Easter.

Dawggon, if you still can't get over it, it's possible you don't have new mantle enabled. You need it for a lot of missions now including this one. Check this post for instructions on how to turn it on.

It worked for me Dawggon.

I still need the key to the locked door, where you first have to walk two stairs to get to that door.
    + 2 paintings and 1 pamflet.
    I read the painting whereabouts on page 1 or 2, but It's not very obvious to me.
    I've climb and reclimbed almost everywhere oan and on agin. Still playing after more than 6 hours now. Can someone send me a screenshot where to find them?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

There's a map in the zip file which shows you the general locations of the paintings. I'm not sure what key you mean, or what pamphlet. Paintings: the Dudra sisters, the attic above the bakery, the warehouse office, Mrs Dribel's apartment and the hotel office.

Edit. If you mean Wanted poster, those are also marked on the map.

Sensut, thank you again for this mission. As usual, I took the hard way to get into most places, only to see the relatively easier intended path - of course after the fact. It seems I ran the game in reverse the whole way!

I did have to check this thread for a few hints when I got "silly lost" running in circles and not seeing the forest from the trees, but mostly the game was intuitive for me.

I thank you for not having a platoon of guards with hard hats that cannot be black jacked and I am thankful that even the new dark allows a taffer to bjack AI in stealth, even if this means a pile of AI 6 to 10 deep. I don't like to have to do this, but I did allow it once or twice playing this FM. Just too many AI for me on expert and my creeping skills were low.

Please forgive me if you have already answered this, but is there is potential sequel? A 3rd installment? I will patiently wait for the magic. This was a great city mission with lots of side treks. Lots of fun. I think there is more to come. Cheers sir!

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    Please forgive me if you have already answered this, but is there is potential sequel? A 3rd installment? I will patiently wait for the magic. This was a great city mission with lots of side treks. Lots of fun. I think there is more to come. Cheers sir!
    You're welcome.
    Yes, I have a plan for part 3, a frozen Arctic / mines themed mission, but more details a can't give yet.

Wonderful work Sensut, I found the whole mission to be interesting-it's wonderful to see New Dark used to it's full potential. I also loved the Mechanist area, very inspiring!

Southquarter.com/fms
    More praise for Sensut! This was an amazing piece of Dromed work (I'm guessing you really pushed the limits on brushes and objects), and it was just an awesome mission overall. I've always thought about doing an FM where Garrett just had a random set of jobs to fulfill, and this mission did that perfectly. Plus, some great rooftops and vertical gameplay, with some really cool hard-to-reach places and secret areas. I haven't played a level in a while that took me this long - clocked in over 7 hours on the first part, and I missed a whole bunch of loot and only got 2 out of 10 secrets. The Mechanist areas were brilliant, they really gave me the feeling that I was going up against a "war machine" type foe as opposed to just some splinter group of the Hammers. And it was great how you still managed to inject a little something for all the other major factions as well.

Anyway, thanks for the fantastic mission - I'm already stoked for part 3.

Sensut, thanks for another milestone FM, incredible design of both visuals and gameplay, hard but absolutely fair afaics !
    Absolutely enjoy the rooftop climbing !

Need help with 2 issues (Pt.1) please, didn't want to read the whole thread to avoid non-related spoilers :
    - There's an apartment with a piano playing lady, a guy and another lady downstairs. Found something interesting in that lower room and a letter about a key. I know where the key belongs to, hopefully, but can't find the key itself for the life of me ...
    Any hints ?
    - Right now I'm in the bank basement, in front of a green gas tank.
    Read about the timed lock, but how would I deactivate it temporarily ?
    Neither the valve on the floor in front of it nor the one in the room with the gear lock seem to be frobbable.

What gives ?

Thanks for any help,
    Cooper

Have you got the contracts from the contract depository that give you objectives that involve these places? If not, then you probably can't do anything in either place.

I have a question about secrets. I'm currently missing 25 loot. I'm also missing one secret so that might be related

so I so far have the twins secret, the gallery secret, the mech library safe secret, the eggs, the chimney secret, the banker secret, the hotel manager secret, the hammerite secret, and, finally, the power station secret. I've combed the map but I can't seem to find the last secret and the last piece of loot.

You don't mention the secret at Detective Mills, but that's more than 25. There's a lootlist in the zip but if you don't want to look, items worth 25 are: a locked crate near the Alma safe, behind a stall east end of market, and a coinstack in the Mech bunkroom. There is one 10 and a few 15s though.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You don't mention the secret at Detective Mills, but that's more than 25. There's a lootlist in the zip but if you don't want to look, items worth 25 are: a locked crate near the Alma safe, behind a stall east end of market, and a coinstack in the Mech bunkroom. There is one 10 and a few 15s though.
    I actually counted that one as the bank secret. I did do a bunch of look throughs of the lootlist. I'm completely baffled at what I'm missing. x.x Thanks for the help though.

You should be able to work it out from the lootlist - but I agree, that missing whatever can be incredibly frustrating.

If it's not one of the 25s I posted, there's a
    10 in the room NE shipyard - plate
    10 in a room above the bakery - plate
    15 under a table on a Condo balcony - coin
    2 x 15s in the Library - statues
    15 in the Watcher's room but there was also a coinstack there as well which you must have.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You should be able to work it out from the lootlist - but I agree, that missing whatever can be incredibly frustrating.

If it's not one of the 25s I posted, there's a
    10 in the room NE shipyard - plate
    10 in a room above the bakery - plate
    15 under a table on a Condo balcony - coin
    2 x 15s in the Library - statues
    15 in the Watcher's room but there was also a coinstack there as well which you must have.
    good news. I found that last piece. it was in fact the box-shaped chest near the alma safe. I thought the lootlist clue for that one was a different chest in the same area. That still leaves a secret that gives no loot. . I'll give you an update if the power of posting happens.

The secret that gives no loot is the security camera switch in the Mech library.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Have you got the contracts from the contract depository that give you objectives that involve these places? If not, then you probably can't do anything in either place.
    Nope, no contracts, I'm the independent, freelancer type of criminal.
    You hit the head on the nail, of course - found the box early on, objective ticked off, filed under "maybe later" and went exploring. Completely overlooked the other goodies, shame on me.
    Still had a hell of a time just aimlessly checking out this wonderful town !
    And it's getting better and better ...
    So many unique little details, making the illusion perfect.
    Thanks for the help, Nightwalker,
    Cooper

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast