TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: NEW Thief 1 (Dark Project) FM - The Armory of Sir Gilbert (4/13/2014)

NEW Thief 1 (Dark Project) FM - The Armory of Sir Gilbert (4/13/2014)

So here it is:

MIRRORS:
    http://www.space-bg.org/thief/Armory...lbert-v1.0.zip
    http://www.taffersparadise.net/thief...lbert-v1.0.zip
    http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...of_sir_gilbert

After an almost 4-year break from DromED I was bored enough this weekend to prepare a new small mission.

I've called this mission the Armory of Sir Gilbert. Perhaps you won't like it if you don't enjoy ghosting/ loot hunt missions. You don't have weapons in your inventory (only a compass).

The goal : loot everything you find. The mission is pretty tiny and can be completed within 5 minutes - but if you know how. And the guards are pretty much annoying thanks to me :P

Special thanks to : Thor for betatesting. Yeh, I'm giving him credit cuz he really deserves it Not only for betatesting, but for some cool ideas.

N'Joy.

4/13/2014
    Last edited by Bulgarian_Taffer; 15th Apr 2014 at 15:44.

YES!!!! Finally another Thief 1 FM I'll have to find the time later to play it.
    Congrats on the release

EDIT: Nice little challenge you've made here, it was quite fun actually It definitely shows that you have potential building skills for a bigger level. From what I can see is that you know the basics of building a small little mission, now try to take those little skills and make them better by making a nice medium level maybe to start your level designing off
    Last edited by SneakyGuy101; 13th Apr 2014 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    EDIT: Nice little challenge you've made here, it was quite fun actually It definitely shows that you have potential building skills for a bigger level. From what I can see is that you know the basics of building a small little mission, now try to take those little skills and make them better by making a nice medium level maybe to start your level designing off
    I'm glad that you liked this mission.

The truth is, I do have bigger missions (My best is probably HGS - Secrets of Avidan). But I'm a retired designer My work is that of the past.

Nostalgia brought me back to DromEd and that's why I designed this tiny level - to remember my old times. But I don't know when I'm going to design the next one. I'm a retired dromeder and I only open the editor when I'm really bored and nostalgic.

Congrats on making this, man!

Wow, great! A TDP mission! Launching this immediately.
    Finished. You should have compiled with Objcast lighting rather than quick.
    Last edited by skacky; 13th Apr 2014 at 19:19.

But I always use Objcast. Weird.

A mirror: http://www.taffersparadise.net/thief...lbert-v1.0.zip

Finished Nice and easy

i completed it,and hard loot to find was the ring on the upstairs table or chair,i was just frobing everything by that point,also a tip i alerted all guards drew them outside then locked myself inside so i had all the time in the world to find the loot

Congrats on the release! I look forward to playing it. It's great to see you making missions again. I hope this is just the first of many.

I know that many people are asking if I'm going to return back to DromEdding.

I can't promise anything. I've promised to release some missions in the past (including a co-mission with Pedro Quintela). Nothing has happened. Why? Because I didn't have an idea what exactly I should do.

This small Thief 1 mission worked for me because I knew EXACTLY what I wanted - I wanted to create and release quickly a mission that's ghostable, yet tiny, but relatively hard.

Looks like I was successful.

As for the future? I can't promise. I have too much real life. Working on my PhD.

But hey! If you enjoyed my newest 2014 mission, don't forget to try some of my older FMs - like the Space Project

It definitely shows that you have potential building skills for a bigger level. From what I can see is that you know the basics of building a small little mission, now try to take those little skills and make them better by making a nice medium level maybe to start your level designing off
    LOOOOOOOOL !

Did this really happen?

Nice little challenge you've made here, it was quite fun actually It definitely shows that you have potential building skills for a bigger level. From what I can see is that you know the basics of building a small little mission, now try to take those little skills and make them better by making a nice medium level maybe to start your level designing off

No wonder this happened because this mission is even worse than my very first one made with Komag's tutorial.

New T1 Mission? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Downloading now and will play tonight.

Thanks Bulgarian Taffer. Maybe you will find a little time to build another T1 mission at some point? There are those of us who LOVE T1/TG and wait for any opportunity to play something new. I am working on a T2 mission that will take me the rest of the year at the pace I am going, but plan to make another T1 mission after.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Wood View Post
    No wonder this happened because this mission is even worse than my very first one made with Komag's tutorial.
    A troll? Maybe more like: "I don't know how to make the player start with a crouching position" roflmao ... noob

Thanks Bulgarian Taffer. Maybe you will find a little time to build another T1 mission at some point? There are those of us who LOVE T1/TG and wait for any opportunity to play something new.
    The problem is, you know, everything you can make in Thief 1 you can also make it in Thief 2. However, I admit I enjoyed more Thief 1 And this is always be my top favourite game.

But back on topic. Everything depends on my mood. I hate to give up on things I've promised.