TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Fms that won't work properly with New Dark - Summary of Issues in OP

RE-playing 'Dread' by amievil... 2001 at mo......bj turns out white, which usually implies NewDark unfriendly....will post any significant issues in gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    not sure how to do that, as its not copy/paste, tried that.....could you gave me instructions and will happily do so.
    1. Go to the area that's got the problem and do a quick save. (Typically, Ctrl-S or Alt-S, depending on how your controls are rigged under the Options page.) If possible, aim the player camera at the problem area.
    2. Close the game and look in the Saves folder, and you should see a file named quick.sav.
    3. Zip it up and send it to whomever.

Now, when they load that file into their game, it will open up in exactly the same place, including camera angles, just as you saved it.

Zombified
    you can also upload it to an online storage of your preference (gdrive, mediafire, sendspace, and trillion other ones), and post the download link on the forum. as Ive said, unless the problem happens at the start location, everyone should include a savegame with his bugreport.

white blackjack actually implies incorrect dark.cfg, btw.

Thanks Ricebug & Voodoo47, who's collecting NewDark queries and I'll email them direct ?

Zombified
    best to post them here, for now. optimally, in the SSD (screenshot, save, description) format. also, checked the Dread FM real quick, and yes, it has its own dark.cfg, and surely enough, it's missing some required params;
    Code:
    ObjTextures16
    MeshTextures16
    add these two lines, and it will work properly. also, I have just tried to place them into cam_ext.cfg, and it worked, so the next version of TFix will solve this for good, no white textures anywhere, ever.
    Last edited by voodoo47; 21st Apr 2014 at 16:40.

Thanks Ricebug & Voodoo47, who's collecting NewDark queries and I'll email them direct ?
    I am, but it probably would be a good idea to give them also to ricebug, because ricebug is looking to fix some FM issues.

@ lupus and ricebug

quicksaves

1. The Keep.....https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7U...it?usp=sharing

In secret area in sewers, there are 4 scrolls and you choose one to collect a bonus, but nothing is added to inventory regardless of which one you choose......NewDark issue ?

2. Nightcrawler ( shadow of doubt series mission 5 ).....https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7U...it?usp=sharing

bizzarely you need to use the 'letter' to open this gate, makes unlocking noise but gate does not open....NewDark issue...?

both screenshots are above, and in both cases neither issue prevents finishing the fm
    Last edited by fortuni; 22nd Apr 2014 at 05:00.

Have you made those files public? I've been denied access.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Have you made those files public? I've been denied access.
    public ? dont think so, i uploaded to my files and posted link, do i need to choose public access.....yep guess i do, lets see how long it takes me

20 mins...i'm getting better
    Last edited by fortuni; 22nd Apr 2014 at 05:04.

@ Voodoo47

thanks for advise, but i don't mess with files...too bleeding scared, and anyway can live with white bjs, ill just think of them as being radioactive....

Zombified
    just repatch with TFix 1.19f when it comes out later this week (tomorrow?) and the problem will be solved.

The Keep...In secret area in sewers, there are 4 scrolls and you choose one to collect a bonus, but nothing is added to inventory regardless of which one you choose......NewDark issue?
    None of the scrolls are connected to any bonus; they are merely in-game "spoilers" to help the player get through parts of the mission. I checked the remaining objectives, and they are tied to an AI (goal 0), a hidden scroll (goal 1), and another AI (goal 6).

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    None of the scrolls are connected to any bonus; they are merely in-game "spoilers" to help the player get through parts of the mission.
    thanks ricebug......... i was sure when i played this fm last year i gained something even if it was a spoiler, any idea why one doesn't appear now ?

I hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but I just played "LaFrenier, Real Criminal Boss", and encountered a bug. This may not be New Dark specific because epithumia mentions it in his review on thiefmissions, but the guests have a tendency to stay in the default arms-outstretched position. Sometimes 1 or 2 open the gate and leave that area. It happened every time I played the mission using 1.21, and it did not happen at all using 1.37.

EDIT: This mission was working as intended. Those npcs are meant to leave their starting point after a certain amount of mission time has elapsed. Kudos to Nexus Letum for being much more observant than me.
    Last edited by yxlplig; 23rd Jul 2015 at 04:38.

Zombified
    just checked under oldDark, it behaves exactly the same. false memory.

I did Lorgan's Web a few days ago and I had the problem with Hammerite not busting through the apartment door. But the secret bookshelf worked for me so I don't know what could causing that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrebo6 View Post
    I did Lorgan's Web a few days ago and I had the problem with Hammerite not busting through the apartment door. But the secret bookshelf worked for me so I don't know what could causing that issue.
    It's weird it doesn't even react when I frob it:

Zombified
    save maybe?

I actually installed 1.21 the other day, and I started a new game

This is why an effort needs to be organized to fix these FMs. The old bromide, "If it aint broke, don't fix it" applies in reverse--if something IS broke, then fix it! This whining about copyright violations is a lot of hogwash. If the thing doesn't run, all the copyrights in the world come to nothing.

Copyrights protect the author from losing money to another agent who is trying to claim authorship. They have nothing to do with repairing his or her work. so that it gets the recognition it deserves.

Good argument!
    Actually no one in the community wants to claim the rights on a fixed mission.
    We just want to see each mission in all it's glory.
    And we are willing to show our appreciation by caring about these missions.

Ok, after reinstalling the mission, and having deleted the entries in the Darkloader file, it's working again. So far I found no other bugs...

I was wondering what could have possibly caused the issue for you Azaran but then again I know next to nothing about,Dromed,and the like.But its good to here its working for you now.I think I am using 1.21 has but I am using FMSelect instead of darkloader to load my missions.

I will have to add my list of missions that I done that had problems.I have a list of the all the missions I have completed,liked and would do again.Missions I didn't finish either due to bugs or didn't like and missions I probably would only play once.Since I have been going through most if not all fan missions and I have done a good of chunk of the ones for TDP in the last few weeks.One issue I had was in Calendra's Legacy
    The fight between Calendra and Brimstone never took place once I entered the Treasury.I actually lure Brimstone to Calendra to make them fight each other so I can rob the treasury without being bothered.

I also had an issue with Ramirez's Revenge in which
    The Hammerite patrolling outside the cell gets alerted right in the beginning by the sound of the Garrett hit the floor right as the mission begins and the skull in the cell drop hit the floor due to no fault of the player.This rendered this guard extremely sensitive to the point where you cannot sneak past him or Blackjack him.

I have also have to agree with Gnartsch and Ricebug in regards to fixing missions with compatibility issues.No one want's to take ownership its more in line of making the available to be enjoyed by all again.

Should I post my list of possibly incompatible missions? and maybe the others in another thread?
    Last edited by Maxrebo6; 28th Apr 2014 at 18:34.

I was wondering what could have possibly caused the issue for you Azaran but then again I know next to nothing about,Dromed,and the like.But its good to here its working for you now.I think I am using 1.21 has but I am using FMSelect instead of darkloader to load my missions.
    Yeah it's weird, I've had these bugs before I can't explain, I just found this one now so I assumed it was due to NewDark...
    I will have to add my list of missions that I done that had problems.I have a list of the all the missions I have completed,liked and would do again.Missions I didn't finish either due to bugs or didn't like and missions I probably would only play once.Since I have been going through most if not all fan missions and I have done a good of chunk of the ones for TDP in the last few weeks.One issue I had was in Calendra's Legacy
    The fight between Calendra and Brimstone never took place once I entered the Treasury.I actually lure Brimstone to Calendra to make them fight each other so I can rob the treasury without being bothered.
    You mean Calendra's Cistern? There's definitely a pattern then, a lot of these bugs have to do with scripted events, NewDark messes them up

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast