TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dying Light aka Deus Ex Zombie aka Mirror's Edge Zombie

Seriously? Damn.

Level 10,000 achieved

New trailer!

Shows off grappling hooks, slo mo knife throwing, and death-from-above killmoves. Three things that can make any game better!

Some hands-on gameplay from E3 (in Polish):
    http://www.gry-online.pl/S022.asp?ID=9770

The journalist is rather impressed with Dying Light (and he did not like Dead Island).

Lots of gameplay informations here:

Premiere: February 2015.

ZylonBane
    Zombie Erin!

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Zombie Erin!

I am sure many TTLG members would like to use that machete on her.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle that 'self improvement' thing. I guess it'll be fairly context sensitive.
    I can remember older RPG-ish games that sort of thing, but undocumented so you couldn't exploit it too easily. The walkthroughs usually began with "Jump up and down for half an hour. Swing your sword for half an hour"

ZylonBane
    I like those sort of mechanics, because they give min-maxers exactly the experience they deserve.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    I like those sort of mechanics, because they give min-maxers exactly the experience they deserve.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I find the light tone of the Dead Island 2 trailer (as well as knowing who's developing it) far more appealing than anything I've seen of this so far. I just can't get a boner over zombie gore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    (as well as knowing who's developing it)
    I am not sure if I understand, but... Dead Island and Dying Light are being developed by the same Polish studio: Techland.

They are also working on Hellraid:

Dead Island 2 is being developed by Yager, though.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Dead Island 2 is being developed by Yager, though.
    Oh, I see. My mistake then.

Level 10,000 achieved

New trailer!

This one provides us with the hilarious and terrifying visage of zombies running across powerlines. I guess that was the next logical step after "running zombies".

Level 10,000 achieved

Not long now

Dying Light is out at the end of the month. Preview copies have been sent out to various reviewers and LPers, so youtube is awash with gameplay footage. Here's an hour of gameplay courtesy of Two Best Friends. There's underwater swimming and a really sick broadsword, and the open world looks utterly lovely. The kinda place you could really loose yourself in for a good long while. I haven't seen any vehicles yet tho, which makes me a bit sad. I liked the cars of DI, sparse though they were. I guess it makes sense though with the greater focus on parkour moves, tho it seems the more advanced moves are Skills that need to be unlocked. The PC version needs DX11, so I'll be playing this on PS4.

Southquarter.com/fms
    25% off if you preorder through Green Man Gaming. Gotta admit, I'm tempted.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    The PC version needs DX11, so I'll be playing this on PS4.
    You don't have a mainstream video card from as early as 2010 then? Okay.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Nope, bought this computer 5 years ago, Christmas 2009. It's been working fine until about fall of last year when a lot of games started requiring DX11 cards. I was planning on holding out for the Oculus Rift CV before upgrading or buying a brand new computer, but now I'm not sure. That might be a while.

verbose douchebag
    Built mine in 2007 and have managed to keep it pseudo-up-to-date with minor upgrades, including a DX11 card.
    It's bottlenecked at the mobo / CPU level now, so next upgrade will take a little more push to sit ahead of the curve, but it'll still only set me back around 600 I think. Mostly thanks to Bikerdude in the tech support forum

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Seems like a great port.
    • Apparently View Distance setting is a major framerate killer, turning it down to zero see a massive jump in FPS with very negligible visual difference.
    • Putting other visual effects onto zero/turned off seems to make SFA difference, so feel free to max those out.
    • Also SLI support seems to be broken ATM.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Nope, bought this computer 5 years ago, Christmas 2009. It's been working fine until about fall of last year when a lot of games started requiring DX11 cards. I was planning on holding out for the Oculus Rift CV before upgrading or buying a brand new computer, but now I'm not sure. That might be a while.
    Budget card Geforce 750Ti would give A LOT of new life to your PC. It can manage 60fps on High setting at 1080p resolution in Battlefield 4. Gave my old Core 2 Duo E8500 3.1GHz + 4GB DDR2 a shot in the arm for sure.

Fabulous card, I'm currently managing 30fps minimum in Far Cry 4. Mind you I'm not currently being bottlenecked by an ancient CPU or low RAM count (i7 4GHz, 16GB DDR3).

Level 10,000 achieved
    Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind.

Bought Dying Light last night, played a little bit this morning. The movement is quite nice. You can dangle from ledges in this. First person dangling! Is that a first?

You mean just hanging from a ledge? That's all over Mirror's Edge. Hell, it's in the tutorial.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ah, so it is. I was trying to remember if ME had it, but could only recall hanging from vertical pipes off-hand.

Southquarter.com/fms
    @henke - curious to know how "open world" it is - are there any loading zones or warp points?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast