TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dying Light aka Deus Ex Zombie aka Mirror's Edge Zombie

Southquarter.com/fms
    There's this too. I've never bought from cdkeys, but I've heard they're legit.

Btw, still playing this game, and still enjoying the crap out of it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I dunno why I haven't replied to this thread lately but I should mention that I too am excite about the upcoming DLC.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Expansion is out today. Can't wait to check it out, looks huge:

How's the coop in the game? And are any of the TTLG crowd playing coop on PC? I'm not overly interested in the game for itself, but TTLG coop has become one of my favourite ways of playing games.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I loved the co-op in Dead Island, and would probably be up for some Dying Light co op as well, tho I only have it for PS4 at the moment.

Thing What Kicks
    I've played a bit of Dying Light co-op with a friend, and it's great fun. Free-form sandbox zombie bashing, interspersed with co-op challenge missions and helping each-other out in story missions. And there's been a lot added to the game since then, so I'd imagine it's even more fun now.

Cool, that doesn't sound too bad! Will put it on my wish list and get it when it's on sale, in the hope that I can bully some TTLGers to go coop. :-D

Southquarter.com/fms
    Never played DL co-op before, but given that I love all things Dying Light, I'd be up for giving it a shot.

I bought Dying Light back in December, but have been holding off playing it until this patch.

Was planning to play it co-op with a friend, though presumably adding more players could also work?

Since the general gaming thread had quite some activity on Dying Light, I thought I'd reactivate this one.

Question about the coop: do I understand correctly that your character carries over from single player? And does it make sense to work on my skills in SP first before jumping into coop with people who've been playing for a while?

Level 10,000 achieved
    How is the vehicle handling in The Following, folks?

I like that they introduced vehicles, but why'd it have to be buggies? They're dumb pretend-cars for babbies. I'd much rather it was an old pickup truck or station wagon or something.

Thing What Kicks
    @Thirith: Play a bit of SP first to unlock some skills and get used to how the game controls, but otherwise, there's nothing to stop you jumping in to co-op. I've started a new character in order to be playing at around the same level, but my high level character is still available too.

@henke: The buggy controls really well, and this in turn is amplified by the fact that the map in The Following has been very well designed and promotes use of both the buggy and your parkour abilities.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    I'd much rather it was an old pickup truck or station wagon or something.
    You'd probably rather it be some giant lumbering obscure-o-wagon with 15 gears and 3 types of gears with a hard to control winch on the back though, right?

Level 10,000 achieved
    I wouldn't turn down Spintires with zombies, no. Just think how much more exciting being stuck in the mud would be if zombies are closing in while you're trying to get loose!

It really is the perfect way of bringing back the cumbersome movement of early survival horror zombie games, while also staying fresh. CAPCOM ARE YOU LISTENING? #ResidentEvil7RacoonCityTruckSimulator
    Last edited by henke; 15th Mar 2016 at 04:40.

Chakat sex pillow
    Actually, Spintires with an impending zombie apocalypse could be pretty interesting: the stuff you have to cart in your truck being stuff you've scrounged to shore up home base defenses, hence not losing the payload being super important. Factor in a time limit of, 'come nightfall, you'd better be off the streets or you're fucked.' Could work!

Thing What Kicks
    I know Volitions Advocate answered this in the WAYPN? thread, but I'd like to chime in:

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Regarding Dying Light - is The Following worth it? I'm playing the base game in co-op at the moment, but I don't have any of the DLC it seems. 20 seems rather expensive for a DLC.
    I actually got a lot of enjoyment out of The Following. Yes, the main story is quite short and pretty disappointing (why the fuck are you helping all these people if the "Good" ending is to nuke them all?!), but the map is satisfyingly large and packed with interesting things to do. Plus, progress is transferable between the main game and The Following, back and forth.

verbose douchebag
    Man, trust Henke to actually make me like the idea of a Zombie apocalypse game with realistic vehicle physics.

For co-op, one player basically launches their singleplayer game and the other player(s) can simply join in.

El Shagmeister

Since a few here are showing interest in the co-op, I might as well ask: any of you guys have the PS4 version and would like to co-op sometime soon?

Thing What Kicks
    Well shit.
    It's now available on GOG.com

Wish it had been when I bought it. I try to buy from GOG instead of Steam wherever possible these days.
    The price is $49.99, which currently works out to ~35.50 / €45.16.

... just after I've bought it from Steam. :-/ By the way, I'm now starting to play it so I'm familiar with the controls and ready to coop one of these days.

How does the multiplayer (which uses Steam) work if you buy it from GOG? Does it still use Steamworks?

Thing What Kicks
    That was my immediate question too. I thought the game relied on Steamworks for multiplayer, but obviously not. Maybe GOG have a Steamworks alternative?
    Looking at the store page, there's a caveat which would seem to support the idea that GOG have built a Steamworks alternative in to Galaxy:
    "Multiplayer is available only between GOG Galaxy users."

That's kind of shit really. If I buy a game on PC, no matter who I buy it from, I at least expect to be able to play with anyone else who bought the game on PC. Segregating the platform based on which digital storefront you buy games through sucks major ass.
    Edit: and kind of commercial still-birth too. If one of the major features of the game is multiplayer, and there already exists a massive community on Steam that I won't be able to play with if I buy from GOG, why on Earth would I buy the GOG version?

I know that the multiplayer drops out (in the Steam version) if you lose your connection to Steam... happened to me yesterday. Rather annoying.

Chakat sex pillow
    GOG Galaxy has its own multiplayer framework. The beta test for it was the AvP Classic release. So yup, it won't play nice with Steam since that's a separate network altogether, unless GOG find a way to get interoperability with Steam at some point.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast